dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 1,007 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Looks like today is going to pencil and paper. I have a couple jobs to bid on while the weather is bad.

And whoever you’re figuring the bid for will want you to have a good sharp pencil!

Yes they will.
    I just hope they are not for the same people your working on Brian. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@smallerstick I believe so, I bought it second hand at a local ReStore (used building materials and tools) so all I know for sure is that it’s a fairly rigid, clear plastic.

Charlie

Instagram

Clev08
    Pro

My tool of the day would have to be my Jorgensen parallel clamps because I did some glue ups today. If I could afford to have only parallel clamps I would do it in a heartbeat.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@clev08 I have been wanting a few pairs of parallel clamps for a while now, but the cost is keeping me out of the game. How do the Jorgensons compare cost wise to Bessey?

My TOTD has to be this pair of Klein automatic wire strippers. I do a lot of ballast replacement (main building has 400+ lights, so about 250 ballasts!) and today I had a ballast and a few emergency lights to replace and this thing really beats trying to strip tiny wires where the coating is almost as tough as the aluminum or copper. And it’s so quick! It cost me two and a half times what a pair of regular wire strippers would, but it’s more than paid for itself in time savings and less stress.

Charlie

Instagram

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My TOTD has to be this pair of Klein automatic wire strippers

I really like that style of wire strippers, especially if you are doing a lot of work that requires the wires to be stripped. Nice that you like the Klein, they make nice tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

My TOTD is my colt router in a plunge base. I carved out the outline of a gift in a walnut case I made

My TOTD today my torches. The pen is just for comparison to see size of the smaller one.

Clev08
    Pro

@clev08 I have been wanting a few pairs of parallel clamps for a while now, but the cost is keeping me out of the game. How do the Jorgensons compare cost wise to Bessey?

They were slightly cheaper. I’m afraid Jorgensen and Pony clamps are disappearing, thee company suspended operations so I’m not sure if you will be able to find them anymore. Menards had replaced them with Irwin parallel clamps and HD with bessey’s.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@clev08 that’s too bad. I’ve noticed my Lowes carries Irwin too…and they’re just as expensive as Bessey.

@theamcguy I’ve really liked them. Good solid construction, durable. I’ve had a little trouble now and then with setting the tension correctly for smaller wires, but otherwise, they’re perfect.

Charlie

Instagram

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

My TOTD today my torches. The pen is just for comparison to see size of the smaller one.

WOW @boschmanbrian, That is a small torch, is it Oxy Acet? What would you use that for? Brazing maybe?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

WOW @boschmanbrian, That is a small torch, is it Oxy Acet? What would you use that for? Brazing maybe?

Oxygen and methane Frank, it’s for the glass blowing, melting the glass parts together. For the small assembly of the capillary to the glass cells.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

TOTD yesterday – my fastback knife. I use it every single day, so I carry it on me at all times. I’ve used plenty of other utility knives, but this one is the best. Easy blade change, but sturdy enough that the blade doesn’t just slip out on a pull cut through tough material. And it’s a great slim design.

Charlie

Instagram

My TOTD today, the lathe and torches

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

My TOTD is my 18 volt brushless OMT. For window repair and replacement, I feel like this is an indispensable tool!

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I was really liking my ps31 and ps41 today – I had a bunch of small electrical work to do up on a ladder and above my head, and these were just exactly right for the job. So much smaller and lighter than the 30V max DeWalt a I’ve been using.

Charlie

Instagram

Attachments:
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

My TOTD yesterdat were hand tools, 2 bench chisels and a small plane. Cleaning up some mortises and tenons, 32 of them, for a new project. Assembly today!

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

My TOTD yesterdat were hand tools, 2 bench chisels and a small plane. Cleaning up some mortises and tenons, 32 of them, for a new project. Assembly today!

Pics?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Pics?

Should have some later today.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@smallerstick that sounds like a big project. What are you making? Looking forward to seeing it 👍

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

TOTD for me today was my glm20 laser measure. I’m getting bids for a floor replacement project I need done for the church. It’s a medium sized job (~1600 sqft) and I’ve had about ten estimators come and look at it for me. Without fail, every one of them is packing a tape and when I whip out my laser measure only one had even seen one before, but they all used it, and every single one of them was all “I’ve got to go get me one of these!”

@bethepro spreading the word, one contractor at a time 😉

Charlie

Instagram

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 1,007 total)
  • The topic ‘TOTD (tool of the day)’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.166 seconds