dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,007 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@ronw I know that pain. I’ve had summers where all I did was paint. Much rather hold a drill than a brush!

@woodsconstruction did you buy bulk then, or are the “limited edition” fairly easy to come by?

My TOTD was definitely my Bosch Colt router with the little handled base I made for it – I needed to make an awkward sized circle and it worked perfectly to just drill a center through the base and cut it out with that!

Charlie

Instagram

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Its hard to think I am going to drill in to the top of this maple bench.

That top sure looks nice r-ice. Very nice maple board. Did you saw that board from a tree?

I didn’t saw this one myself, a bunch of us went up north to see @smallerstick and he had a friend who was selling his maple stock. It was a great price, and if I need to build anything from maple, i’d go to him.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

here is mine, i was using a mixture by montreal_medic to finish the top, I am going to add the hold fast holes once I get a bit of free time. Its hard to think I am going to drill in to the top of this maple bench.

I think I’ll have the same feeling when it comes time for me to lay in some dog holes. I know I will have to as I’ve purchased a Gramercy Fold Fast already.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

here is mine, i was using a mixture by montreal_medic to finish the top, I am going to add the hold fast holes once I get a bit of free time. Its hard to think I am going to drill in to the top of this maple bench.

I think I’ll have the same feeling when it comes time for me to lay in some dog holes. I know I will have to as I’ve purchased a Gramercy Fold Fast already.

It gets easier once it picks up a few dents

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I used my Lufkin measuring tape today. definitely my favorite one.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

It’s been the lawn rake for the last couple of days. My arms are feeling it too, but the yard is starting to shape up.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

It gets easier once it picks up a few dents

Yup, once it’s got some miles on it, it sure does get easier. Nicks and gouges and stains just make it look real. Don’t forget; it’s not furniture! It’s only the first mark that you pay attention to.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Today my TOTD was my new 18volt brushless OMT, cutting holes in a cabinet and ceiling to accommodate venting an over the stove microwave/range hood.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

@cmeyer25 the so called “limited edition” are always in stock at my home depot, they just move the display around so you have to look for them, and if you ask anyone on the floor they will deny their existence. It’s like a game to them lol

My TOTD was pretty much my GLI18V420
    Great little light.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@woodsconstruction it is a game to them! That’s such a marketing gimmick – “limited edition” pshaw!

My TOTD today was definitely my cordless circ saw. I love that it’s so small and portable, but can cut right through 2x no problem! If only the depth set lever was slightly higher up so it didn’t interfere with the clearance on some cuts. Otherwise, I love this thing 👍

Charlie

Instagram

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My TOTD the FL12, shines bright when you need it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

My TOTD was definitely my Bosch Colt router with the little handled base I made for it – I needed to make an awkward sized circle and it worked perfectly to just drill a center through the base and cut it out with that!

I like that handled base, @cmeyer25. Looks nice and stable.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

It’s been the lawn rake for the last couple of days. My arms are feeling it too, but the yard is starting to shape up.

I wish! We’ve still got white stuff on the ground. It’s almost depressing lol

@woodsconstruction it is a game to them! That’s such a marketing gimmick – “limited edition” pshaw!

My TOTD today was definitely my cordless circ saw. I love that it’s so small and portable, but can cut right through 2x no problem! If only the depth set lever was slightly higher up so it didn’t interfere with the clearance on some cuts. Otherwise, I love this thing 👍

My 18V circular saw got quite the workout yesterday aswell.

My tool of the day was my Veritas jack plane yesterday. Did three projects without a single motor being turned on

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@theamcguy I love my FL12 too, so much light in such a versatile package.

@smallerstick it worked so well, I’d recommend making one to anyone with a small router like the Colt. I actually saw the guy I got the idea from had made one for his larger router too – it’s just so handy!

Charlie

Instagram

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Looks like today is going to pencil and paper. I have a couple jobs to bid on while the weather is bad.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

@theamcguy I love my FL12 too, so much light in such a versatile package.

@smallerstick it worked so well, I’d recommend making one to anyone with a small router like the Colt. I actually saw the guy I got the idea from had made one for his larger router too – it’s just so handy!

I’m assuming the base is acrylic?

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Looks like today is going to pencil and paper. I have a couple jobs to bid on while the weather is bad.

And whoever you’re figuring the bid for will want you to have a good sharp pencil!

BMI
    Pro

My go to is still my old fashion mitre box. I use my junky old mitre saw and always go back to my mitre box and do my moulding by hand

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,007 total)
  • The topic ‘TOTD (tool of the day)’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.139 seconds