dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day)

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 1,007 total)
  • Author
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Table saw was the hero today cutting rabbets, grooves and profiling raised panels. All in a days work. Stanley #78 finished the bevels on the raised panels.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

Stihl leafblower today was my TOTD. Used it for an unexpected task to finish drying off a pool cover before the rain hit again so I couod pack it away til the fall.

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

Black Rhino really good hammer

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Veritas joinery saws here. Got the picture frame glued up today.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Dual motion sander got a workout today. I’m really getting to depend on the power to do the big sanding jobs.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Unfortunately my TOTD was once again the drywall screw guns. OLFA knife would be my #2.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

My tool of the day is usually the OMT. Its unique usefulness in places no other tool can match during remodeling/retrofit work.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Last few times Mt TOLD has been a tape measure.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

My tool of the day is usually the OMT. Its unique usefulness in places no other tool can match during remodeling/retrofit work.

I still need to get myself one. I see more and more uses for one every day.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I love mine too. Whenever I can put it to use I am so glad I have it!

Mine today was my hdh181 hammer drill with a step bit. I needed to widen the hole on a trailer attachment so it could accept the pin and it worked perfectly! Didn’t even budge the battery indicator either. I was especially glad to have the kick back arresting feature that drill has. It turned out I didn’t need it, but drilling through steel could end up grabbing pretty hard, especially with only the single flute the step bit had.

Charlie

Instagram

Attachments:
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Once you have one in your kit you will wonder how you worked without one for so long. I have the corded Starlock (too impatient to wait for cordless) and use it regularly. Every time I take it out is a reminder of how useful they are.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Once you have one in your kit you will wonder how you worked without one for so long. I have the corded Starlock (too impatient to wait for cordless) and use it regularly. Every time I take it out is a reminder of how useful they are.

I’ve been getting more and more calls for renos, and if I start taking on more I’ll definitely be getting one.

Every time I think about renos I see a use.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

TOTD was my pair of jumper cables…

Even when it’s hot and we’re waiting in the car, I should know better than to leave the car off with the fan running.

Charlie

Instagram

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

TOTD was the rotary laser… don’t know how I would level a footing without it.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

TOTD yesterday was my corded recip. We thought we could unscrew all the clips holding the deck boards down, but they were so distorted and the stainless steel screws so weak that it wouldn’t work. I don’t know what we would have done without the recip – but it does make me even more hopeful that the new cordless model comes to NA soon!

Charlie

Instagram

Attachments:
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

TOTD was my Staedtler compass. It was a gift from my parents back in high school when I was really into math and especially geometry, and I love getting to use it now for different woodworking projects like this little peg game I was making this morning.

Charlie

Instagram

Attachments:
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

My trusty Leatherman. I’ve been using it a bunch on these past camping trips and it’s been so nice to have around. My dad bought it for me as a graduation present when I finished Fire Academy, back when I was thinking I’d follow in his footsteps. Now it’s been repurposed, but it’s great to have on hand for all the adventures I’ve been going on with my family.

Charlie

Instagram

Attachments:
    WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

TOTD for the past two days has been the socket ready impact. Great for screwing the docks together, and with a 9/16 socket on the end I was able to lag bolt the floats on as well.

Doobie

TOTD for me the last few days has been my scaffolding. So glad I bought them last year. Way better than working off a ladder.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I was loving my FEIN OMT today. Cut through some box conduit with so much more precision than a recip would have.

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 1,007 total)
  • The topic ‘TOTD (tool of the day)’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.188 seconds