dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day)

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,007 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Circular saw and guide track, the jointer and the planer. Milling wood today.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

This little circuit tester was helping me out today. I love that it doesn’t beep – it just lights up, and it’s super sensitive, so I can tell right where there’s a break in a line with it.

Charlie

Instagram

Attachments:
    Doobie

This little circuit tester was helping me out today. I love that it doesn’t beep – it just lights up, and it’s super sensitive, so I can tell right where there’s a break in a line with it.

But does it tell you where the break is? Those gizmos are cool to have at times.

Yeah, those are great little testers.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

But does it tell you where the break is? Those gizmos are cool to have at times.

That’s exactly what it does. If you run it along the cord (if it’s plugged in) the light goes out right at the break.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

That’s exactly what it does. If you run it along the cord (if it’s plugged in) the light goes out right at the break.

OK, misunderstood. I thought it was just one of those sensors that detects line voltage yes/no. The type I have tells me where at what distance a break is from testing from one end of the line. I can also use it to buzz lines with a buzzing device at the other end.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@doobie it won’t tell me where the break is located (as in, on a display or anything). But it is so sensitive, that the light goes off right over where there is a break in continuity.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

@doobie it won’t tell me where the break is located (as in, on a display or anything). But it is so sensitive, that the light goes off right over where there is a break in continuity.

That’s good that yours can do that. The one I have is pricey and I only have it because a cable tech left it in my basememt doin work and I discovered it months later. I was gonna try and return it but a friend in that business told me the techs lose them all the time and the company pays to replace them anyways.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

That’s good that yours can do that. The one I have is pricey and I only have it because a cable tech left it in my basememt doin work and I discovered it months later. I was gonna try and return it but a friend in that business told me the techs lose them all the time and the company pays to replace them anyways.

That’s the best way to get new tools – free!

Charlie

Instagram

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

As much as it pains me to say this, because I hate everything to do with drywall – but the drywall screw guns were definitely the TOTD today.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

As much as it pains me to say this, because I hate everything to do with drywall – but the drywall screw guns were definitely the TOTD today.

If you’re going to do a job you hate, at least using a good tool makes it go better 👍

Charlie

Instagram

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

If you’re going to do a job you hate, at least using a good tool makes it go better 👍

It sure does… maybe by the winter when I take on boarding more houses I’ll be cordless with the autofeed. That would make it alot more tolerable lol

Doobie

Why do so many hate drywalling and painting? I actually like both of them in limited doses.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Why do so many hate drywalling and painting? I actually like both of them in limited doses.

Limited doses is the key there.

I’m not against hanging drywall, however mudding I’ll pay for. I’ll do one room if it’s a reno but aside from that I’ll let a pro have it.

When it’s the difference between a few days off or working I’ll hang board, but at $0.35brd/ft it’s not profitable for me, more of a make work project for the guys and brownie points with the developer for me.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

The #4 Record smoothing plane and the Record 078 Duplex Rabbet and Filletster plane to make rabbits (rebates) in maple. My hands feel it.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

If you’re going to do a job you hate, at least using a good tool makes it go better

I actually started to enjoy drywalling when I received my SGH182 (18V drywall).
    Before that I had a corded makita which was pretty darn loud and the cord was a pain as well.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Dovetail saw and my new (old) Berg chisels. Those chisels with their new edges are really slick! Make chopping a breeze.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Attachments:
    Doobie

My Keter tables are already making life easier. Getting a real liking to these things already. Still can’t believe I got them for $32 each. Shoulda bought four of them instead of just two.

mommozz
    Pro

I love hanging. Mudding, not so much. It seems like time just flies by and you get to see a lot get done.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,007 total)
  • The topic ‘TOTD (tool of the day)’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.930 seconds