dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day)

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 1,007 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

My brain was my TOTD today. The mad dash for the midnight tax filling deadline here for the self-employed has it exhausted now. But it’s done and over. Fired off the last ones with minutes to spare. Why do some people wait til the last minute every year? Sigh!

Time now to chill with a couple of beers. 🍺

Still some wrap up tasks to do, but I’ll be with my beloved tools soon enough. They’ve been calling me in pain for a while now. The yearning is mutual. Lol!

Glad to hear the insanity is coming to an end. Time for some tool therapy!

You hit the nail on the head! 👍

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

TOTD was definitely a combination of the compressor and nail gun. I’d never want to nail off a roof by hand!

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

TOTD was definitely a combination of the compressor and nail gun. I’d never want to nail off a roof by hand!

Installing shingles? I’ve seen some pretty crazy fast roofers with a hammer and nails.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

My TOTD is (as it often is) my 1250devs dual mode sander. It has made me like sanding again! It is a million times easier and faster to get a smooth surface with it, and I love it.

Charlie

Instagram

Attachments:
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

My TOTD is (as it often is) my 1250devs dual mode sander. It has made me like sanding again! It is a million times easier and faster to get a smooth surface with it, and I love it.

you definitely use that sander quite a lot – almost every picture which you upload includes that sander 😀 very cool that you like it a lot.
    I will get it one day too.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Mine is in almost constant use in the shop. You’re right, the speed is really the best feature.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

I also love my Rotex dual mode type sander that is the Bosch equivalent. But you haven’t been to heaven yet til you try a Mirka Deros using Abranet. I highly recommend making that leap one day. While a dual mode sander is more versatile, a Deros is arguably imo is probably the best sander on the market today for what it does.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

TOTD was my circuit tester while fooling around with why I’ve been getting shocked touching my camper. Think I might have it figured out though.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I too love that sander @cmeyer25.

I have two gripes though…some kind of vibration control would be great. I tend to use it for extended periods and it actually makes my hand ache after a while. The other complaint is the dust collection port…an adapter that fits the Bosch vac would be great! I see that you have rigged something up like I have. Unfortunately mine pops off all too often.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I have two gripes though…some kind of vibration control would be great. I tend to use it for extended periods and it actually makes my hand ache after a while. The other complaint is the dust collection port…an adapter that fits the Bosch vac would be great! I see that you have rigged something up like I have. Unfortunately mine pops off all too often.

I am using the Bosch vac hose with mine. It fits right into the 2 1/2″ DC blast gate and fits the adapter supplied with the sander. That part is really good. On the down side, the hose does fall away from the sander adapter all too often and the hose is too rigid for comfort.

A more secure fastening to the tool adapter, a swivel connection and more flexibility would be very welcome changes to the system.

TOTD was my circuit tester while fooling around with why I’ve been getting shocked touching my camper. Think I might have it figured out though.

Nice job on looking for the damage,
    Good luck fixing it.

Doobie

I am using the Bosch vac hose with mine. It fits right into the 2 1/2″ DC blast gate and fits the adapter supplied with the sander. That part is really good. On the down side, the hose does fall away from the sander adapter all too often and the hose is too rigid for comfort.

A more secure fastening to the tool adapter, a swivel connection and more flexibility would be very welcome changes to the system.

Is the port on the 1250 dual mode sander the same as that on my Bosch half sheet sander? Anybody know or have both?

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I have a non-standard hose and I put tape around the male end of the fittings to make everything fit snug. It works for me with the adapter that came with the 1250, but I understand it’s not exactly ideal. I wish it came with a twist connection too.

Charlie

Instagram

I have a non-standard hose and I put tape around the male end of the fittings to make everything fit snug. It works for me with the adapter that came with the 1250, but I understand it’s not exactly ideal. I wish it came with a twist connection too.

Mine came with an adaptor that I plug into the VAC005 hose

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I have that adapter too @montreal_woodworks, my hose is the odd one. But the adapter seems to fit pretty tightly to the dust port on the tool. For my part, I really like the dust collection on the 1250.

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Does your VAC005 hose pop off the adapter occasionally? Mine does and it’s a real PITA.

Does your VAC005 hose pop off the adapter occasionally? Mine does and it’s a real PITA.

Yes, it does.

And with the Festool Pro5 sander, the Bosch vac hose stays firm because they made the port ridged. Small change, big improvement

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Here’s how my set up looks:

Charlie

Instagram

Attachments:
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I can’t believe I have lived so long and never used a tapered drill/countersink combo before. Drill/countersink yes but not with a taper. What a difference! Made my day!

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

TOTD definitely goes to my socket ready impact today for all the screwing on the deck.

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 1,007 total)
  • The topic ‘TOTD (tool of the day)’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.963 seconds