dcsimg

VanMark trim-a-table

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Amy own one? I need a picture of the underside of the guide.

A while ago one of my helpers messed with the nut arrangements on the threaded rod that allows you to clamp to table. Now it won’t tighten the clamp.

I looked at it, thought I figured it out but I’m not seeing it.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have one, I have had it for several years. I can probably get a photo of the bottom tomorrow for you

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Thanks Kurt, I have had this for 20 years but hardly use it so I have not tended to straightening out the problem.
    When you need it you need it.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I did not make it to the site where the table was today, I will try to tomorrow

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Oh…. thanks for touching base I was hoping you would still take the picture.
    I contacted van mark and they led me to an exploded view which I can’t say was very helpful.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

What do you many cut on the table . Did you buy it new or used .

Always willing to learn .

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I work solo these days but I used to have 3 Guys doing siding on a regular basis. I hardly do any siding anymore and the table is screwed up from them.

So when I do need it I want it to work properly.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

The Trim table is for soffit and Siding. It adjusts to cut the roof pitch for any pitch from 3 on up. It also works well for square cuts. the saw guide will swin from side to side to cut pitches from either idrection.

Attachments:

The Trim table is for soffit and Siding. It adjusts to cut the roof pitch for any pitch from 3 on up. It also works well for square cuts. the saw guide will swin from side to side to cut pitches from either idrection.

Can you use in on Fiber cement siding or just vinyl .

I work solo these days but I used to have 3 Guys doing siding on a regular basis. I hardly do any siding anymore and the table is screwed up from them.

Do you miss running that crew and the addied income .

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Can you use in on Fiber cement siding or just vinyl .

Do you miss running that crew and the addied income .

you could use it on about anything you need to cut to the pitch of a roof.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Of course I have my days where I wish to had the help but I don’t miss the associated costs and hassle. Vinyl siding costs to install kept going lower while my overhead was getting higher. I felt it was a losing battle.

Like I said I did enjoy working with other guys and fun stories.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Of course I have my days where I wish to had the help but I don’t miss the associated costs and hassle. Vinyl siding costs to install kept going lower while my overhead was getting higher. I felt it was a losing battle.

Like I said I did enjoy working with other guys and fun stories.

Yeah vinyl siding went down high price per sq foot installed for real . I got out of it to . Only on full remodels do we do it . Not just Spanish but eastern European man lowered it to unthinkable prices . You make more sitting at home .

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Im bumping this as a reminder I have not yet resolved the threaded rod and nut sequence.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Hey Kurt I still need that photo. LOL Your the only guy I know with the table

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Hey Kurt I still need that photo. LOL Your the only guy I know with the table

d

I think we will be using it today, been a crazy summer so far busy wise. I will try to get something.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

the guys had the table out today so I was able to get a couple photo’s

Doobie

Never seen one of these before. While it’s over double the price at $1300 CAD of the Bullet Tools shearer I’m soon to use to put up some Hardie lap siding, I wonder if it could mount my Festool TS75 track saw. It is a bigger saw than what it may be designed for. Are they around $1000 USD down there, or did I stumble on a rip-off place looking for its US pricing on the net.

I might have gotten one of these had I’d discovered it sooner. While I have come out with a stand for my shearer that I can now easily rotate any which way, this is easier in that regard albeit now I’d have a dust issue possibly instead.

BTW, you’re a prince for helpin’ the guy out Kurt. Better late than never.

Here’s what I’ve come up with my mobile rotating shearer stand which I still am making some mods to.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

We use the table for cutting soffit and vinyl siding mostly. the guide rails are adjustable for any width saw so you can use about anything on it , even a dustless saw or a track.

It is adjustable from a square cut to a 2 or 3 pitch in both directions and has markings on the table for you to set the angle by. It saves a lot of time when cutting siding.

I dont mind helping out, I just feel bad it took so long, we have not had the table out in quite a while.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I seldom use the table anymore myself since I don’t do very much siding these days so I didn’t exactly pursue the answers I needed either.

But very much appreciated Kurt now that I have a visual to look at I will compare it to what I have I see the double not in front of the clamp appears different from mine.

Started screwing around with nuts putting them in different locations once it was off and I couldn’t get the right configuration I also have double bolts in the back end by the handle around that plate so I have to really screw with it.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.342 seconds