dcsimg

Van Organization Solutions

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 189 total)
  • Author

Hey all,

As many of you are aware, L-boxxes are made by sortimo, who also makes some pretty awesome van racking solutions. Similarly, systainers are made by tanos, who has some sweet van racking solutions as well. I am hoping to get some pics here of various setups in vans using these sorts of systems, as well as custom made setups… How do you guys organize your vans? Would you bite the bullet on such a system?

Here is some quick info on van racking from tanos and sortimo
    http://www.vantainer.com/vantainer-van-racking-system.html
    http://www.incarconnections.co.uk/van-racking-systems.html

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

We brought that concept up from that video (or another) elsewhere, but there are two distinct disadvantages that you get in comparison to not doing something like that.

One – you lose a lot of space with that massive structure of sorts
    Two – partly a byproduct of one, but how will you transport materials…?

The biggest positive is how ridiculously easy it becomes to grab anything and everything from your van.

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh ok, Well ya got me on hauling material, I forgot about that. You could haul a trailer but then that kinda defeats its purpose. Maybe with a roller system to slide material up on top??

That could be interesting Boyd, but then you lose that fast access to all those cool shadowed tools that the guy has set up on top 😛

John S

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Next up: sprinter van
    <P></P>
    <P>http://festoolownersgroup.com/general-friendly-chat/need-ideas-for-sprinter-van-setup/?all </P>

That is a sweet set up .I,m sure it,s not cheap though.

I think one side of van racking (from what I have seen priced online) is usually around $1000, but that is a gross generalization… I am sure you could work some magic on getting deals, and that is referring to the higher end stuff

John S

kzcarp
    Pro

Sure isn’t cheap to buy, but then to build your own isn’t either. Your time and the materials add up pretty quickly. I know this from setting up my late and much missed old Ford. 🙁

kevin

I am sure others or myself have brought this one up elsewhere, but here is a great DIY option that is quite a bit more thorough than others

http://www.thisiscarpentry.com/2011/07/15/van-racking/

John S

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I am sure others or myself have brought this one up elsewhere, but here is a great DIY option that is quite a bit more thorough than others
    <P></P>
    <P>http://www.thisiscarpentry.com/2011/07/15/van-racking/ </P>

That is how I have done it in the past .The guy did a pretty good job .

yeah it is definitely functional, probably relatively affordable, and wouldn’t take TOO much time… He definitely did some planning, but he didn’t go overboard either.

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

And it looks like he could still get 4×8’sheets in there.

How much time do you guys spend each day looking for stuff in your vans/trucks instead of working? Or going back and forth to the truck, etc? I am thinking these sorts of products are pretty good investments if you are able to swallow the cost up front

John S

woodman_412

I generally don’t spend much time looking for things in my truck since I have everything well organized. Even more so now with my new l-boxx system so I hopefully should never have to waste time looking for anything 🙂

Dan

danpattison.com

Ohhh Dan – you are almost certainly the exception.. But I bet that l-boxx system sure ain’t hurting you and your organization 😛

John S

woodman_412

It’s true John, the l-boxx’s have taken my organization to a whole other level. Now I will have no excuse for not being able to find something!

Dan

danpattison.com

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

I don’t spend a lot of time looking for things anymore.

I have a 7×20 trailer outfitted as a mobile shop. I use a combination of a lot of things. Shelving, an old library file card unit with drawers, tool cases and kits, tool boxes and bags, T-Stak’s, etc. just to name a few.

I try to use the motto, a place for everything and everything in its place. I’m pretty anal about things – even my tool bags have dedicated spots for each tool. If some place is empty, I know to be looking for that item, LOL!

I also try to stop and clean up throughout the day and also at the end so it’s not a huge overwhelming mess. I see some contractors at the suppliers with everything just tossed in on top of each other. It’s beyond me how they can function effectively…

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

John, the picture of the van in the “Ford” post is of a Nissan.

I love those shelving systems, and as I have mentioned before, I would love to have those here. I would love to see a racking system for quad cab/crew cab trucks. I never know where a customer is going to live, and that was one of the reasons I picked up a 4wd. Not to say that something lesser would not work, but I would rather have something and not need it, than to need something and not have it. Today for example, there was some good snow here and roads were icy, but because I had the truck, I was able to make it to see customers. If I had some kind of racking system that I could open the rear doors and slide out my l-boxx, that would be sweet. Enough babbling, BOT, I wish Sortimo would sell more items here in the states for L-Boxx.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.643 seconds