dcsimg

Vacuum Clamps

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Another cool video of some vacuum clamps…this one is available in North America — a company out of Germany called Schmalz. Would love to add one of these to my bench.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzYb8GDPn_E

Orange County, CA

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Wow, now those are cool. I’ve never seen anything like those before. Are they pricy?

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

Those are pretty sweet. So easy a women and older man can use them. :). They could be really handy, not scaring up a piece by putting it in a vise.

Depends on how you define pricey :). About $850 or so plus either the compressor or a vacuum pump (that can add lots more money to the mix). They also sell the square pads that are around $225 – $250, which would work for flat areas.

Orange County, CA

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

It looks like they are available in the US but I cannot find them anywhere on the net.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Those suck.

(see what I did there…?)

Resident Sign Guy

It looks like they are available in the US but I cannot find them anywhere on the net.

Tool Home carries them — I know Tom and have ordered stuff from him in the past.

http://www.tool-home.com/products/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=schmalz&x=0&y=0

Also, he suggests Robinair pumps — the 6 CFM pump is less than $400 and a better pump according to Tom. So, a minimal setup will be around $600 – $625 or so. Adding a pump and the full set would be around a grand.

Orange County, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That is neat. Now I need to find a use for it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

I have too many other tools to consider before I bite on that one. Great concept but do not see a need for it.

That is neat. Now I need to find a use for it.

That’s the dangerous thing… Scot and his expensive-tool-posting is helping all of us find reasons to justify the need for something we never would have thought about owning before 😛 😛

But seriously, that is an impressive clamp… not sure I need it, but it sure adds some versatility and speed to clamping!

John S

I could find a use for this in lots of ways — being able to sand and entire piece without clamps getting in the way, even thinner stock; jigsawing (of course :)); edge profiling; securing parts at an angle and a host of other things. It would be super handy. Festool has a Vac Sys but they are not planning on releasing it in North America for some reason.

Orange County, CA

JamieM
    Pro
    Hamilton, ON

Lee Valley has a line of vacuum clamps and accessories. http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=59743&cat=1,43838

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

That thing is cool!! I’ll take one.

Those suck.

(see what I did there…?)

Its late, I looked at your comment for a minute and thought “wow, a blunt criticism with no explanation…”

lol

I want some!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just don’t need it. It goes very low on the list.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

The description says that the material being worked must have at least one non-porous side. Would this be the case often enough to warrant the purchase? Nice, but I’ll wait til the price drops by at least 90% and if I ever find a need for it.

Pat

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Certainly a neat idea

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That is very cool , I could see that being very handy in my shop for lots of things.

SamM
    Pro

It’s cool for sure. I think if I had it it would either be never used….or the most useful item in the shop.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like it, And could use it a lot. But I ain’t spending that kind of money for one but it is a very cool idea. I spend a lot of extra time and care trying to protect stuff I clamp down

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.513 seconds