dcsimg

V9.0 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,040 total)
  • Author
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Since we haven’t seen @mattryyc around lately, I just figured I’d start the next iteration.

Old Thread: bethepro.com/forums/topic/v8-0-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-site-today

Good call Sven! This is one of my favorite threads. It can seem normal day to day stuff but it is cool to see what others do.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I really enjoy it as well and agree that it is one of the best running threads on the forum. All the different things that all of us do contributes much to this forum and creates some good threads and a lot of insight.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

So I’ve been debating whether or not to buy the motor hang stand from lee valley for my foredom rotary tool. I decided after searching online to just build one out of galvanized pipe from the depot. I am surprised I didn’t think of it, it was half the price of the commercial stand and it was heavier duty.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

It has been raining all weekend , I went and visited my grand kids and get the ownership for my new vette.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

So I’ve been debating whether or not to buy the motor hang stand from lee valley for my foredom rotary tool. I decided after searching online to just build one out of galvanized pipe from the depot. I am surprised I didn’t think of it, it was half the price of the commercial stand and it was heavier duty.

Now that’s worth an “attaboy” for sure. Great idea! I bet it’s going to inspire a bunch more rigs like that.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

It has been raining all weekend , I went and visited my grand kids and get the ownership for my new vette.

Very cool John , congrats, can’t wait to see you post some great pictures.

just took my daughter for her horse back riding lesson, man she just loves being with all those beautiful horses, and the dogs 🙂

Picked up a rental car for the wife. She left today to go to Minn with the youngest son.. Then she will bring all 3 home when she comes. She text at little after 4, just made it through Chicago and traffic was at a stop.sshe followed a couple of trucks along side the birm into a stop area, got back on at 6:48. Word was motorcycle accident, had to be a bad one.

I just sort of did a whole bunch of nothing except take care of animals,

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Picked up a rental car for the wife. She left today to go to Minn with the youngest son.. Then she will bring all 3 home when she comes. She text at little after 4, just made it through Chicago and traffic was at a stop.sshe followed a couple of trucks along side the birm into a stop area, got back on at 6:48. Word was motorcycle accident, had to be a bad one.

Motorcycle crashes are never good. Hope the rest of her trip goes a little better.

About time to crack the top on that bottle isn’t it?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Motorcycle crashes are never good. Hope the rest of her trip goes a little better.

About time to crack the top on that bottle isn’t it?

Thanks Ron, Her and son ended up playing and made the best out of it.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’m out here in Prince Edward Island.
    Took my kid to go and see Anne of Green Gables home.
    Can’t believe how touristy this place is reminds me of Niagara Falls.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Moved my bench vise so the fixed jaw was flush with the edge of my bench(figured out a way to do it without having the bolts too close to the edge of the bench), plugged the old bolt holes and bolted down the benchtop drill press this morning. Spent the early Afternoon cleaning and puttering around the shop. Also decided on which motor’s going on the bandsaw, once I get around to building a base cabinet for it(I have to figure out where it’s going as I really don’t have space. I may have to tear out my shelves and build them shallower as there is 6″-1′ of space I really don’t use in the back of them). Also sharpened an Collins boys axe I re-hafted a while back and stained and filed grooves in the handle 1″ apart for measuring.

After I got back from the weekly laundry run, I went back out and started working on a mallet. So far I’ve got the handle carved out of a piece of Hickory firewood I’ve been making handles out of for a while. It’s rather rustic looking(which suits the work I do most often)) and I’m going to leave some small tearout defects from the spokeshave.

I may also have killed of my cordless drill in the process. I was trying to drill a 1 1/8″ hole with an auger bit in my outdoor workbench for a test hole for the connection to the head(planning on drilling a 1 1/8″ hole in the head for the handle). The drill kept stalling and I must have pushed it too hard and I had smoke coming out of it. It still works but I’m not sure how much damage was done. I barely made a dent when it happened so I got out my ole 1915ish Miller’s Falls brace and drilled the hole that way. I’ve got 3-4 corded drills and they’re all loaned out to friends/family at the time being(most have been on loan for months, I rarely use them these days. I either use the cordless or the drill press.)

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I hope you are getting lots of pictures to post later 🙂

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Sounds like even though it was raining you had a great day a John.
    Enjoy your new Vette. Do you have any planes for it? Or will you leave it the way it sits?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

No shop work today..had to clean house, clean the wife’s van, mow the grass, and then took a nap…lol! Went for a run after my nap and did some laundry. I am going to put together my drywall list for my basement project and then I’m done for the day.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Emptied the dust collector bags, emptied the Oneida Dust Deputy, and emptied a Shop Vac. Came up with 3 1/2 large bags of sawdust. Does anybody have a suggestion on what to do with sawdust besides throwing it out.

Used my compressor and a Milwaukee 18v blower to push all the dust out of the shop. The shop is definitely as sawdust free as it can be (for now). The wife is definitely happy about that. I am thrilled with the Milwaukee blower.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Went and picked up a check that a weekender left for me, for a job coming up. Some customers, such as this one, I never even meet, since they only come up from Mass or Connecticut once in a while. Do everything through phone and email, they leave a key and I do my thing.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

We have bad motorcycle crashes all the time here and with no helmet law they get very nasty.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Went and picked up a check that a weekender left for me, for a job coming up. Some customers, such as this one, I never even meet, since they only come up from Mass or Connecticut once in a while. Do everything through phone and email, they leave a key and I do my thing.

Easy way to work right there. You can schedule them around the emergencies.

Yesterday finished up the 220V wiring job. Installed the breaker and checked it all out. Good to go.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

did the lobster taste the same?

Emptied the dust collector bags, emptied the Oneida Dust Deputy, and emptied a Shop Vac. Came up with 3 1/2 large bags of sawdust. Does anybody have a suggestion on what to do with sawdust besides throwing it out.

Used my compressor and a Milwaukee 18v blower to push all the dust out of the shop. The shop is definitely as sawdust free as it can be (for now). The wife is definitely happy about that. I am thrilled with the Milwaukee blower.

don’t people use that in the compost?

Anyways I gotta run around to different home depots to find a few parts for a new build my wife envisioned for us. She wants me to build her two clothing racks on wheels out of those 1/2 inch pipes.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,040 total)
  • The topic ‘V9.0 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.004 seconds