dcsimg

V9.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author

@kurt@welkerhomes.com nice, that thing is a beast,

@utopia78
    I am thinking of a few places I will be using them a couple in the garage on the part of the foundation wall, and I need to bolt down something in my caban cement floor. And I might have to replace some old rusty tapcons holding down my gazebo, actually they are not even tapcons the previous owner used,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I was searching for one thing and ran across this new glue. It is like an epoxy but cures with UV Light. The applicator has the light attached. Glue, shine the light, done. Scroll down for the short video for ideas. Looks like great stuff.

https://www.thegrommet.com/bondic-liquid-plastic-welder-starter-kit

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I was searching for one thing and ran across this new glue. They call it a liquid plastic welder. It is like an epoxy but cures with UV Light. The applicator has the light attached. Glue, shine the light, done. Looks like great stuff. I did an order and got mine from The Grommet.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I was searching for one thing and ran across this new glue. They call it a liquid plastic welder. It is like an epoxy but cures with UV Light. The applicator has the light attached. Glue, shine the light, done. Looks like great stuff. I did an order and got mine from The Grommet.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/NV6xHe060WE?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

I was looking at that “glue” the other day, saw it in an ad on another site and I think it was talked about here too. Let us know how it works when you do use it. I could think of more than a few times that would have been a good solution to a fix.

@theamcguy, wow Bill that looks impressive. Many of my daughters toys, the plastics and materials don’t glue with the crazy or super glue. Even tried a product from loctite didn’t work. Be curious to hear what you think.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I got this Fein 9″ metal cutting saw on the step yesterday. We have a big metal stud and joist job where it will come in handy starting. It was only a couple bucks more than the Milwaukie, gad a little bigger capacity and I figure the Fein is probably a better built saw

Kurt looks like a nice saw. Fein seems to have a very good reputation.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Those saws are great for the CFS construction.

What’s CFS construction? Steel stud framing?

CFS= cold formed steel as in it’s pulled through a machine that forms it to the shape of the stud or joist and cuts it to length.

Thanks Dirty! Never heard of that before. Learn new stuff here all the time even for semi-know-it-alls like myself. Just goes to show how little one knows no matter how much I try!

Another name is light gauge steel framing. The project we have is a lot of 12″ x 14 GA steel joist and 8″ x 18 GA steel studs. The 12″ stuff would burn a lot of wheels on the chop saw. and be right at the limit of the saw unless the blade was new. I figured this would also save a lot of time.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

@theamcguy, wow Bill that looks impressive. Many of my daughters toys, the plastics and materials don’t glue with the crazy or super glue. Even tried a product from loctite didn’t work. Be curious to hear what you think.

I used a Loctite product to fix the cracked light cover in our range hood. It had a primer and the glue. So far so good

I have repaired many a plastic toy (and a 1970s big wheel!) for my son using JB Weld and rustoleum plastic spray paint

I have repaired many a plastic toy (and a 1970s big wheel!) for my son using JB Weld and rustoleum plastic spray paint

JB weld and rustoleum plastic spray paint. Don’t re seeing them, or just never really looked for them. What store did you buy them at, curious about the plastic paint. I do know about rustoleum have used that before, but not the plastic paint.

Anonymous
    Inactive

was searching for one thing and ran across this new glue. They call it a liquid plastic welder. It is like an epoxy but cures with UV Light. The applicator has the light attached. Glue, shine the light, done. Looks like great stuff. I did an order and got mine from The Grommet.

Looks similar to the epoxy my wife uses to create nail extensions, but that stuff takes a couple of minutes under the UV to set. The reviews on Amazon are all over the place, so please let us know how it works out for you. Hopefully it’s not just a lot of hype.

JB weld and rustoleum plastic spray paint. Don’t re seeing them, or just never really looked for them. What store did you buy them at, curious about the plastic paint. I do know about rustoleum have used that before, but not the plastic paint.

JB Weld is in CT in the auto section, but I’ve seen it with glues at hardware stores. There are YouTube vids of using the stuff with wax paper (I think) to essentially manufacture replacement plastic parts. I used it successfully to rebuild a large part of an even fridge door, that had cracked off at the hinge. Lost a few pieces, but I made it square, with a pivot point. Works perfectly now. Dries to a gray that is paintable

The rust oleum for plastic is from Home Depot, though I am sure it exists elsewhere. The red is perfect for so many faded red outdoor toys.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Another brand is Krylon fusion, works well on plastic.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks similar to the epoxy my wife uses to create nail extensions, but that stuff takes a couple of minutes under the UV to set. The reviews on Amazon are all over the place, so please let us know how it works out for you. Hopefully it’s not just a lot of hype.

I’ll definitely have to try it out something and see how fast it sets.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JB Weld is in CT in the auto section, but I’ve seen it with glues at hardware stores. There are YouTube vids of using the stuff with wax paper (I think) to essentially manufacture replacement plastic parts. I used it successfully to rebuild a large part of an even fridge door, that had cracked off at the hinge. Lost a few pieces, but I made it square, with a pivot point. Works perfectly now. Dries to a gray that is paintable

The rust oleum for plastic is from Home Depot, though I am sure it exists elsewhere. The red is perfect for so many faded red outdoor toys.

Thanks, good tips. I will have to check it out this weekend. I did use some type of aluminum putty type for a patio table foot that cracked off. It worked. Come to think of it I think I bought that from Home Depot.

Thanks again.

@Boschmanbrian Ive had the best luck with the version sold in two tubes (black and red) – think it’s “original recipe”

@Boschmanbrian Ive had the best luck with the version sold in two tubes (black and red) – think it’s “original recipe”

Thanks again, will have to try it out,

The tube top left hand from Lepage is going product I used on the table foot, 4 years later still on. ( don’t look at the mess lol)

Thanks again, will have to try it out,

The tube top left hand from Lepage is going product I used on the table foot, 4 years later still on. ( don’t look at the mess lol)

Ive used that, but prefer the control over the two parts… sometimes the balance isn’t perfect with the twin syringe

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/NV6xHe060WE?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

@theamcguy
    Please let us know how it works for you. I remember seeing that being advertised a few months ago.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Another name is light gauge steel framing.

You’ll find that when cutting to wax the blade a lot and you’ll get a lot more life out of it.
    Also the ET&F gun is great for nailing on the outside trim.

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 1,005 total)
  • The topic ‘V9.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.484 seconds