dcsimg

V9.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author

Got a notice from ups from iron Mountain, guess it is the tapcons

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Mitre saws aren’t meant to be a precision cutting tool, I do a lot of woodworking and I will use the saw for rough cutting wood to length but any final fitment cuts I do are on a crosscut sled on the table saw.

Really? Not a precision cutting tool? Care to share how you came to this conclusion?
    I will say a crosscut sled on a big cabinet quality table saw can be very accurate. But not very portable.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jstare wrote:

Miter saws aren’t meant to be a precision cutting tool,

I think it is going to depend on your definition of precision and the ability of the tool to be able to cut to a repeatable standard. Although in carpentry 1/32nd or even 1/64th might be considered precision in the precision world the standards are .01″ .001″ and beyond, repeatable time after time. With carpentry the width of the blade, blade wobble, and fence alignment make these kinds of precision hard to obtain.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I saw this add for the new One time tool from woodpeckers. It is a remake of the Stanley Odd Job. I was interested and have always wanted one. after looking at the price, I think I will go with the Garett Wade version at about a quarter of the cost. Woodpeckers makes neat things, but unless you have an unlimited budget, Out of my league.

I get real interested until I see their pricing.

http://www.woodpeck.com/oddjob-WD.html?sssdmh=dm17.818432

http://www.garrettwade.com/historic-1-odd-job/p/23N02.01/

IMO I like the look of the Garrett Wade as it has a more traditional look instead of the teckie look of the Woodpeckers

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I just came a cross a notice from Woodpeckers on the OTT for the month. It is a remake of the Stanley Odd Job. I thought it was pretty cool until I saw the price. I have always wanted one but think I will go with the Garett Wade version at a quarter the price. I like the traditional look of the Garrett Wade more than the Teckie look of the
    Woodpeckers.
    http://www.garrettwade.com/historic-1-odd-job/p/23N02.01/

http://www.woodpeck.com/oddjob-WD.html?sssdmh=dm17.818432

OTT’s are cool, but a bit costly for what you get IMO

Doobie

Twelve inch saws are all the rage, but between them and 10in saws I prefer a 10in for better accuracy. There’s a lot more going on for some tasks that a 12in inch can simply be trouboesome for tasks.

But if you are going for depth of cut in a non slider you might as well go big or go home.
    When I need a big chop saw I jus bust out the 15 incher.

I keep running into a need for the depth of cut of a saw like the big Hitachi. at some point I will break down and get one. One of the guys that used to work for me had one. It was handy to have access to it.

I’ve always wanted that saw too but just can’t justify for how often I’d use it.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Thanks I got one of those notifications yesterday and for the life of me couldn’t think of what it may be.

Thanks I got one of those notifications yesterday and for the life of me couldn’t think of what it may be.

Haha, no problem Sven, when I first saw it, I was wondering wt then I realized maybe it’s that. Just the name fulfillment lol. I thought somebody is playing a joke on me lol

Doobie

Haha, no problem Sven, when I first saw it, I was wondering wt then I realized maybe it’s that. Just the name fulfillment lol. I thought somebody is playing a joke on me lol

I looked them up on the internet to figure out what they did which led me to think of my Tapcon request which Tapcon does not bother sending an email reply to advise they are acknowledging and thanking you for the request.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I got this Fein 9″ metal cutting saw on the step yesterday. We have a big metal stud and joist job where it will come in handy starting. It was only a couple bucks more than the Milwaukie, gad a little bigger capacity and I figure the Fein is probably a better built saw

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

It’s a nice little bag of different sizes, I can’t wait to find a reason to use all the sizes provided.

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

I got this Fein 9″ metal cutting saw on the step yesterday. We have a big metal stud and joist job where it will come in handy starting. It was only a couple bucks more than the Milwaukie, gad a little bigger capacity and I figure the Fein is probably a better built saw

Didn’t even know they sold their saws in NA. Does it show where it was made/manufactured?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Made in Taiwan. I need to check my OMT to see where it was made. Curiosity has me now.

Doobie

Made in Taiwan. I need to check my OMT to see where it was made. Curiosity has me now.

Taiwan made stuff is better than China made stuff at least.

The Fein Multimaster is still made in Europe. Nothing has changed in that regard except minor design changes and they cost a heck of a lot less than when I bought my first one 12 years ago.

I called them at Fein Canada and asked that very question before buying my second one a couple of years ago to get a model with the easy star clasping style versus my older style that uses an allen key to fasten the blades.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Those saws are great for the CFS construction. I don’t have a big one yet. So much better than the steel blade in the Skil Saw.

Doobie

Those saws are great for the CFS construction.

What’s CFS construction? Steel stud framing?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Taiwan made stuff is better than China made stuff at least.

The Fein Multimaster is still made in Europe. Nothing has changed in that regard except minor design changes and they cost a heck of a lot less than when I bought my first one 12 years ago.

I called them at Fein Canada and asked that very question before buying my second one a couple of years ago to get a model with the easy star clasping style versus my older style that uses an allen key to fasten the blades.

Agreed as taiwan has more of a stringent quality control, I know I prefer my pen parts to be made in taiwan vs the stuff I got in China. The Chinese stuff was a toss up if you got good parts where the parts from Taiwan was in individual boxes to prevent scratching and damage during delivery.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

CFS= cold formed steel as in it’s pulled through a machine that forms it to the shape of the stud or joist and cuts it to length.

Doobie

CFS= cold formed steel as in it’s pulled through a machine that forms it to the shape of the stud or joist and cuts it to length.

Thanks Dirty! Never heard of that before. Learn new stuff here all the time even for semi-know-it-alls like myself. Just goes to show how little one knows no matter how much I try!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Picking up my new Hanson tape measure from HD today. This is the one with the vertical numbers on the back.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 1,005 total)
  • The topic ‘V9.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.493 seconds