dcsimg

V9.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

An Amazon that was mostly stuff I got for the wife came, but these 2 items were in it. Wiha pliers were discounted to $8, and the Santronics non-contact tester comes highly recommended, and it’s made in the USA.

I just bought a Greenlee adjustable one from amazon, pretty neat, sensitivity can be set anywhere from 9 inches away or touching the wire.

Anonymous
    Inactive

An Amazon that was mostly stuff I got for the wife came, but these 2 items were in it. Wiha pliers were discounted to $8, and the Santronics non-contact tester comes highly recommended, and it’s made in the USA.

Now that I’m looking at the Wiha’s, I feel I got ripped. Made in SROV – in other words, Vietnam!

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I bought a PEX cinch tool today…decided to go with the Menards brand Masterforce. It has a lifetime warranty and if I hate it, they will just give me my money back.

Also, I chose a cinch tool over a crimp ring tool because it will do multiple sizes in a single tool. It’s also has a ratcheting mechanism so the rings are guaranteed to be tightened exactly the same every time.

Forgot to take a pic, so here’s a link: http://www.menards.com/main/heating-cooling/hydronic-radiant-heat/pex-hand-tools/masterforce-quick-cinch-clamp-tool/p-1805174-c-8609.htm

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I want to say thank you to the member who sent me an AWESOME set of Bosch carbide bits! I promised I would not mention his name but thank you so much! I’ll be putting these guys to work right away! -*r#% Thanks so much sir!

Very cool Chris. The generosity of our members here at BTP just blows me away.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Well said @RonW and @chrisk1970 – I was recently given that same show of generosity form a BTP member, and will certainly look to pay it forward in the future.

Definitely some class people on here………

I want to say thank you to the member who sent me an AWESOME set of Bosch carbide bits! I promised I would not mention his name but thank you so much! I’ll be putting these guys to work right away! -*r#% Thanks so much sir!

Very cool Chris. The generosity of our members here at BTP just blows me away.

Picked a pair of these up today to cut the 6/3 cable that runs from the Main to the 220V subpanel in my basement shop.

http://www.lowes.ca/cutters/channellock-inc-95-in-cable-cutters_8789349.html?af=3632&cse=3632&gclid=CjwKEAjwlPOsBRCWq5_e973PzTgSJACMiEp2pxLD9ZKpD71fdvJgsj9Zxo9qNYjZ6RE8vp5Q62__vxoCtz7w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

There’s nice sized cutters for wire . My first pair lasted one day . My helper was to shut power off but never did . Lost a big part of blade from the spark that almost killed me .

Always willing to learn .

Yeah, blows me away too @RonW and @geordie99 it’s really a nice feeling! Looks like I have to start scoring some rabbits and dados ASAP!

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Also, the final 2/3’s of my clearance nail order showed up. 30 boxes (60,000 nails) for $15 total, with free shipping. Sometimes you get lucky.

Whoa! That’s a ton of nails! Nice grab!

Jon P.
    Instagram

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Picked a pair of these up today to cut the 6/3 cable that runs from the Main to the 220V subpanel in my basement shop.

Well those would have been handy the last time I cut some heavy cable. I used my reciprocating saw to cut some 2/0 aluminum cable…nothing else came close to cutting it!

There’s nice sized cutters for wire . My first pair lasted one day . My helper was to shut power off but never did . Lost a big part of blade from the spark that almost killed me .

Yikes…what did you do with the helper?

Jon P.
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Today I picked up CLC bag #2 for a cool 20 bucks.

Doobie

I bought a pair of those years ago. They do make cable/wire a breeze compared to other wire cutters. Cuts like butter.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I could have used those a few weeks ago when I was wiring up some 200V outlets. I had to use bolt cutters. Nice cutters.

Great deal Dirty on a nice tool bag.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Good score guys, @Sparky603 I guess you could say you nailed that deal lol

@chrisk1970
    that’s awesome, I will say as you did, great community, it’s a great forum.

@geordie99
    those are nice cutters.

@jzmtl
    @DirtyWhiteBoy good deals you guys got.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

That was a good buy on that bag. Looks like Slims is one of the few places that still have any of them.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That was a good buy on that bag. Looks like Slims is one of the few places that still have any of them.

Where else have you found them as I would like to get one.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

No pun intended, right?! 🙂

No pun intended, right?! :)

Haha sorry couldn’t help myself, must be the inner kid in me lol. Seriously it is a great score.

@theamcguy – And it was your thread that convinced me to look for a pair to make life easier for me while installing the 220v subpanel.

Cheers,

I could have used those a few weeks ago when I was wiring up some 200V outlets. I had to use bolt cutters. Nice cutters.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@theamcguy – And it was your thread that convinced me to look for a pair to make life easier for me while installing the 220v subpanel.

Cheers,

LOL. Good deal. That 6/3 wire is like plastic coated welding rod. Man that is some tough stuff to work with. Stiff as all get out, won’t bend, have to have it exact or it won’t fit in the box. A whole lot different from the 14/2 or 12/2 I was used to working with.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,005 total)
  • The topic ‘V9.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.894 seconds