dcsimg

V9.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Picked up some Workhorse Headband hearing protection on Friday for around $10 with tax and on sale. I like these because you can remove them easily if you need to talk with someone and listen.

What do those look like Chris? Sounds like they are not earmuff/headphone style, but as a headband? Couldn’t find that online.

If he is talking about the McKormick Workhorse Headband, it is a muff style

I use something similar, but never noticed the brand

Yes, that’s exactly what they are Eric@Doobie! I’m still not sure how I like them yet but for the cost were good and I like the form/style.

A Working Pro since 2004

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@Doobie pics or it didn’t happen… Sorry it’s just the box but hopefully redeemed myself. : )

A Working Pro since 2004

Attachments:
    Doobie

Picked up some Workhorse Headband hearing protection on Friday for around $10 with tax and on sale. I like these because you can remove them easily if you need to talk with someone and listen.

What do those look like Chris? Sounds like they are not earmuff/headphone style, but as a headband? Couldn’t find that online.

If he is talking about the McKormick Workhorse Headband, it is a muff style

I use something similar, but never noticed the brand

Yes, that’s exactly what they are Eric@Doobie! I’m still not sure how I like them yet but for the cost were good and I like the form/style.

I really like the Peltor ones I have on the right in the pic below. Don’t recall where I bought them or how much I paid, but they’ve become my favorites. You don’t feel the wire bar up agaijst your head at all, and they are not too tight yet have great sound supression.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have never seen that kind of design for the head strap that is on the Peltor. Interesting to say the least. The thing i don’t like about headphones is after a while they all become bothersome because of the headband.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I assume those thin band goes around back of your head? Do they stay in place when you move around?

Doobie

I have never seen that kind of design for the head strap that is on the Peltor. Interesting to say the least. The thing i don’t like about headphones is after a while they all become bothersome because of the headband.

These don’t. You don’t even feel it. They are designed for use with hats/helmets. The wire passes on the back of the head below the brim of whatever headgear you are wearing. I love em!

Just do a search for “Peltor Behind The Ears” and you should f8nd some retailers easy. I think Peltor is a 3M company.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Those muffs would be a welcome change to having earplugs IN my ears all the time. I like the behind the head design much more than the other personally.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Yeah, I’ve been using plugs because ear muffs make my ear lobs hurt after a while. Will have to try these.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Those peltor ones look nice, i’ll have to look around for them. I have the yellow ones and quite a few of that style. I find in my workshop I need a few of them so I can just turn around and grab one somewhere.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

These don’t. You don’t even feel it. They are designed for use with hats/helmets. The wire passes on the back of the head below the brim of whatever headgear you are wearing. I love em!

Thank you Kevin. Earplugs get to be a pain also after a while.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I always seem to have issues getting the little foam things in my ears. For me the ear muffs are the best. Will have to take a look at the Peltor ones as I don’t think my plastic ones will last too long. Guess we will see.

A Working Pro since 2004

Thanks, have to check tese out. Hate ear plugs, Although I am really wondering about the custom fit ones

Just do a search for “Peltor Behind The Ears” and you should f8nd some retailers easy. I think Peltor is a 3M company.

Doobie

Thank you Kevin. Earplugs get to be a pain also after a while.

I’ve never liked little ear plugs. Basically don’t like anything that fits into the ear, even earbuds for music. Only thing in my ears is a Q-Tip after a shower or a swim.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Some ear plugs are better than other, I have a big box that I bought from CT that’s pretty soft and doesn’t have the bloated feeling some give.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Finally my turn to pick up a fan, I bought home depots special fan for 39 bucks. Normally they are around 69 dollars. I walked in and managed to snag the very last one. After my work bought a ton and I was pretty impressed how well it worked, i had to buy one for the house.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

What fan is it?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Finally my turn to pick up a fan, I bought home depots special fan for 39 bucks.

Is this the Rigid cordless fan?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

UPS delivery…. but Kaizer thinks it’s his and I don’t think he wants to give it up just yet.

Attachments:
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

yesterday at home depot bought another caulking gun… my spare walked off a while back. along with a milwaukee parts organizer as they finally landed here in canada. today i bought yet another set of stair gauges for my framing square.. it seems like i lose em after every time i use them or every other time…. ive bought about 3 pairs in under a year

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

yesterday at home depot bought another caulking gun… my spare walked off a while back. along with a milwaukee parts organizer as they finally landed here in canada. today i bought yet another set of stair gauges for my framing square.. it seems like i lose em after every time i use them or every other time…. ive bought about 3 pairs in under a year

It seems like I buy a caulking gun every month.

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 1,005 total)
  • The topic ‘V9.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.786 seconds