dcsimg

V9.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

At least they tell you the brand lol, one of the things I dislike about Lee Valley is they rarely tells you what brand is it.

On nick-nack items, sure, nobody does. Veritas is their own brand. On power tools, Festool and Tormek are all well described. Not sure where there is a branding issue you allude to. They wouldn’t be things that would matter in my mind.

It does for people who have to mail order, because LV writers are great at polishing turds and I can’t search for product reviews, and when it turned out to be crap it’s just a pain to return even if it’s free to do so.

Also pretty much all online stores I shop at list the brand name regardless if it’s a high or low dollar item.

I guess I’m lucky. It’s never been an issue in my experience and I’ve been shopping there for about 20 years now. Then again, I tend to not buy much of their kitchen household stuff where I can see an issue with comparison shopping. Where on the woodworking or hardware side is this an issue. I can’t think of anything. I don’t buy a lot of their gardening stuff.

The other aspect is I have an LV store 15 mins away from me and I’m there numerous times a year, so I get to see a lot of things up close rather than just on the pages or online.

Any other time I’m waffling with maybe ordering something online for their free delivery or for in store pickup, I just call them and ask whatever question I have over the phone.

With heir very liberal return policy, I don’t have an issue with ordering something and if I don’t like what I got, returning it at a later date when it’s convenient. Their 90 day return policy is not strictly enforced. Their main concern is whether it has been used/danaged and/or whether it can be resold.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

If I had a store nearby it wouldn’t be a big issue, I’ve returned some woodworking stuff because it turned out to be completely different from what I expected from the photo and description, but most of the time I just throw it in a box and never use it.

monman1
    Pro

I just ordered the Bosch CCS180BL 18V 6-1/2 circular saw, it will be here in a few days.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

Doobie

If I had a store nearby it wouldn’t be a big issue, I’ve returned some woodworking stuff because it turned out to be completely different from what I expected from the photo and description, but most of the time I just throw it in a box and never use it.

Hey, I think we all have stuff like that we buy. Even from LV myself.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

At least they tell you the brand lol, one of the things I dislike about Lee Valley is they rarely tells you what brand is it.

On nick-nack items, sure, nobody does. Veritas is their own brand. On power tools, Festool and Tormek are all well described. Not sure where there is a branding issue you allude to. They wouldn’t be things that would matter in my mind.

It does for people who have to mail order, because LV writers are great at polishing turds and I can’t search for product reviews, and when it turned out to be crap it’s just a pain to return even if it’s free to do so.

Also pretty much all online stores I shop at list the brand name regardless if it’s a high or low dollar item.

yah its true, I was looking at that spot light they have for sale. I even called up head office and they wouldn’t tell me if it was a particular brand. I ended up not buying it and just going to costco for a light.

@doobie
    , yah that was the drill I was talking about, it had the photo in the flyer but didn’t have model number nor did it have price. I think they put that there to entice you to go in .

Doobie

@doobie, yah that was the drill I was talking about, it had the photo in the flyer but didn’t have model number nor did it have price. I think they put that there to entice you to go in

And that’s how CT operates. Praying on the product knowledge of the buyer via being clandestine in such with advertising products on their website or in circulars or just outright false headers in their stores. Why would anybody want to trust them or shop there????

Get your head out of the sand, CT is not a trustworthy or reliable merchant for anybody who wants to garner tools.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@doobie, yah that was the drill I was talking about, it had the photo in the flyer but didn’t have model number nor did it have price. I think they put that there to entice you to go in

And that’s how CT operates. Praying on the product knowledge of the buyer via being clandestine in such with advertising products on their website or in circulars or just outright false headers in their stores. Why would anybody want to trust them or shop there????

Get your head out of the sand, CT is not a trustworthy or reliable merchant for anybody who wants to garner tools.

I can’t say that it is the greatest, but on the ODD occasion you can still find stuff that is decently priced to use. it’s not all doom and gloom over there. I’ll end up stopping by today to check out what they have for sale. I do need grass seeds.

Doobie

I can’t say that it is the greatest, but on the ODD occasion you can still find stuff that is decently priced to use. it’s not all doom and gloom over there

They’re like Sears or WallyMart. I end there only when I’ve exhausted all other places.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I just picked up a set of Bosch impact bits, will see how they hold up since all my other bits are dewalt/milwaukee. The bit holder seem to have a slightly stronger magnet but no other means of bit retention, wonder if I’ll have any bit stuck in screw and come out of holder. I’d pay a few more bucks to have a locking bit holder though.

Doobie

I just picked up a set of Bosch impact bits, will see how they hold up since all my other bits are dewalt/milwaukee. The bit holder seem to have a slightly stronger magnet but no other means of bit retention, wonder if I’ll have any bit stuck in screw and come out of holder. I’d pay a few more bucks to have a locking bit holder though.

Does it say what country they are made in?

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

The package says made in China.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I can’t say that it is the greatest, but on the ODD occasion you can still find stuff that is decently priced to use. it’s not all doom and gloom over there

They’re like Sears or WallyMart. I end there only when I’ve exhausted all other places.

so the prices were decent, wasn’t anything to write home about but if you needed one it was an okay price. They had an 11258vsr on sale for 149.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well china is our good friends!

Doobie

Thanks!

Youngin
    Pro
    Edmonton, AB

My old M18 vac bit it but it was only used to clean the jeep and was way too loud anyway so I’m not going to miss it. Got an M12 vac and a new 4 ah battery on order.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Picked up some Workhorse Headband hearing protection on Friday for around $10 with tax and on sale. I like these because you can remove them easily if you need to talk with someone and listen.

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

Picked up some Workhorse Headband hearing protection on Friday for around $10 with tax and on sale. I like these because you can remove them easily if you need to talk with someone and listen.

What do those look like Chris? Sounds like they are not earmuff/headphone style, but as a headband? Couldn’t find that online.

What do those look like Chris? Sounds like they are not earmuff/headphone style, but as a headband? Couldn’t find that online.

If he is talking about the McKormick Workhorse Headband, it is a muff style

I use something similar, but never noticed the brand

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

If he is talking about the McKormick Workhorse Headband, it is a muff style

I use something similar, but never noticed the brand

I have a few of those but princess auto sells one that has a slightly better sound muffling qualities and is cheaper by a bit. I make sure i have enough laying around the shop so that i don’t ever have to go looking for one. Apparently I still don’t have enough.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My new Milwaukee Rapid Charge Station, charging up 6 of my batteries, for the morning.

Edit: Charged up 13 of my batteries – most of them 4.0’s and at least half drained – in not more than 2 hours. Amazing.

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 1,005 total)
  • The topic ‘V9.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.064 seconds