dcsimg

V9.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

If I was using a pancake/portable compressor all day I’d want one that was quiet. Who makes really quiet ones?

Rolair. I have the JC10 and it is real quiet. They use compressors that are also used in hospitals per speaking with them on the phone. No loud start up bangs either.

Thank you for the info. I have heard that before that Rolair’s are quiet. Compressor racket gets to you after a while.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

If I was using a pancake/portable compressor all day I’d want one that was quiet. Who makes really quiet ones?

I know a couple guys who have Rol-Air compressors and love them. I have also heard some pretty good reviews of compressors from California Air Tool.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I always try to locate the compressor somewhere where the noise wont bother me. When framing new homes, we often will place it in the basement and leave it there for the duration of the job.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My M18 fan arrived this evening. It really screams!

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

My M18 fan arrived this evening. It really screams!

Good looking fan Sparky.
    I would like to see a comparison between the Milwaukee and Makita fans.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’ve been thinking of a rolair if I sell my makita

Which Makita do you have?

I’m running the mac2400…small tanks but a work horse!

I had gotten quite the deal on the mac700 a few years ago and I am running that. it is just a little underpowered and overweight for what I want.

Yeah, those Makita compressors are way heavy! Mine has been very reliable though. I’ve heard great things about Rol-Air, especially the JC-10. If you look closely at their compressors and compare them to Makitas offerings, they look almost identical. Rol-air says they don’t make the Makitas though…

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

The Makita compressor I had was probably the quietest I have ever had. it was a workhorse but someone dropped something on it and broke the welded connection between the tanks.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I know a couple guys who have Rol-Air compressors and love them. I have also heard some pretty good reviews of compressors from California Air Tool.

I was going to mention Califonia air as well, just didn’t think of it until this evening. I think that Robert has one of those. I have a Campbell Hausfeld right now and that thing is loud. I wish it would die so I could justify a new one, but that will take a while.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I bought this tonight to use on a couple of big projects we have coming up. It will be paid for multiple times with what I had included for rental on the projects. If I don’t have a use for it when the projects are complete, I will probably sell it.

Attachments:
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have also heard some pretty good reviews of compressors from California Air Tool.

I have heard these run in the local WoodCraft stor and It’s the one I would get.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’ve been thinking of a rolair if I sell my makita

Which Makita do you have?

I’m running the mac2400…small tanks but a work horse!

I had gotten quite the deal on the mac700 a few years ago and I am running that. it is just a little underpowered and overweight for what I want.

Yeah, those Makita compressors are way heavy! Mine has been very reliable though. I’ve heard great things about Rol-Air, especially the JC-10. If you look closely at their compressors and compare them to Makitas offerings, they look almost identical. Rol-air says they don’t make the Makitas though…

Well if that rolair is lighter weight. I’d definitely consider it. And since I paid so little for the makita, I bet I can get something close to what I paid for it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I bought this tonight to use on a couple of big projects we have coming up. It will be paid for multiple times with what I had included for rental on the projects. If I don’t have a use for it when the projects are complete, I will probably sell it.

Nice scissor lift.
    I hope your guys know their rights!!!!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have heard these run in the local WoodCraft stor and It’s the one I would get.

Thank you for the video Dirty, that is quiet at around 60db.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

that is freaking hilarious. wow..

Nice scissor lift.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/30InBgGhiSo?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I have also heard some pretty good reviews of compressors from California Air Tool.

60DB is great for any compressor. And the size and weight would be really nice when doing trim work.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Nice scissor lift.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/30InBgGhiSo?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

I don’t think they would try anything like that.

It is pretty funny though.

Doobie

Rolair. I have the JC10 and it is real quiet. They use compressors that are also used in hospitals per speaking with them on the phone. No loud start up bangs either.

Thank you for the info. I have heard that before that Rolair’s are quiet. Compressor racket gets to you after a while.

Their customer service is outstanding as well. Mine had a faulty valve for emptying the tank. Apparently a lot of them did at one point when they first came out. Sent me a new one pronto.

I spoke highly of them on another forum and mentioned that to the sales guy I was dealing at Rolair in the US. Sent me a Rolair T-shirt, a barbecue spatula and an electrical carry tote all for free. Gotta love free swag without even asking for it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

An Amazon that was mostly stuff I got for the wife came, but these 2 items were in it. Wiha pliers were discounted to $8, and the Santronics non-contact tester comes highly recommended, and it’s made in the USA.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also, the final 2/3’s of my clearance nail order showed up. 30 boxes (60,000 nails) for $15 total, with free shipping. Sometimes you get lucky.

I want to say thank you to the member who sent me an AWESOME set of Bosch carbide bits! I promised I would not mention his name but thank you so much! I’ll be putting these guys to work right away! -*r#% Thanks so much sir!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,005 total)
  • The topic ‘V9.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.926 seconds