dcsimg

V9.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ve been laying low on the new tools. I seem to have everything I need now.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’ll bet a few pictures of shiny new tools would change your mind!

I’ll be grabbing a cheap pex cinch tool from Menards tomorrow. The easy returns and lifetime warranty convinced me to try their brand before investing in a high dollar tool.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Until the Makita 18v Brad nailer hits the shelves at Slims…….

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Until the Makita 18v Brad nailer hits the shelves at Slims…….

Or the new brushless metal saw..

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

I never thought I would say the same thing @DirtyWhiteBoy but I think I have reached the same point. I am awaiting a new router bit set for plywood joinery for making drawers and an extra miter gauge for the table saw. That’s it for a good while I suspect. But then who knows what new item hits the shelves.

(By the way Dirty, made a pen with Koa yesterday and it turned out fantastic – great wood.)

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Picked up a new Hitachi twin tank compressor today. I have had a couple of older ones die in the last couple months.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

(By the way Dirty, made a pen with Koa yesterday and it turned out fantastic – great wood.)

I was looking at them the other day in a high end store in the AlaMoana mall that sold Hawaii crafted things and they went from 65$ to 165$ for the hand crafted pens.

Doobie

Picked up a new Hitachi twin tank compressor today. I have had a couple of older ones die in the last couple months.

Have you ever looked at Rolair? Love my JC10. Quiet, compact, doesn’t weigh a ton, and they have excellent customer service. They use compressors motors for hospital use. Super quiet!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Have you ever looked at Rolair? Love my JC10. Quiet, compact, doesn’t weigh a ton, and they have excellent customer service. They use compressors motors for hospital use. Super quiet!

I’ve been thinking of a rolair if I sell my makita.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Do you know about removing the head and cleaning out all the carbon around the reed valves?

Doobie

Now you need to get things you THINK you’ll need. Hate to say it, I’m not far behind you Dirty. I’m getting things that most don’t request, and soon it’s gonna be a guessing game as to what I’ll get. Gonna need to expand that prize list for guys like us.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I really want to upgrade my 18v drill and 12v kit to brushless, even though the current ones work just fine, urg.

Doobie

I really want to upgrade my 18v drill and 12v kit to brushless, even though the current ones work just fine, urg.

Then why do it? I’ve got the same scenario. Even though I could cash in and get an easy upgrade via points redemption, why unnecessarily replace something that still works.

Always wanting the latest in whatever is generally not a good recipe to get the most varied tool assortment at the end of the day and save some money. Been there done that myself at times. FWIW!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have been buying a lot of old Snap-on obsolete specialty carburetor sockets off eBay for my new carburetor toolbox. Some of them are tough to find.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Do you know about removing the head and cleaning out all the carbon around the reed valves?

Yes, these just had a lot of miles on them, one was over 20 years old, best compressor I have ever owned.

I also got the Tiger clip gun, clips and scrails from UPS yesterday. I have a couple of big decks and thought it would speed things up.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’ve been thinking of a rolair if I sell my makita

Which Makita do you have?

I’m running the mac2400…small tanks but a work horse!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’ve been thinking of a rolair if I sell my makita

Which Makita do you have?

I’m running the mac2400…small tanks but a work horse!

I had gotten quite the deal on the mac700 a few years ago and I am running that. it is just a little underpowered and overweight for what I want.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

If I was using a pancake/portable compressor all day I’d want one that was quiet. Who makes really quiet ones?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

If I was using a pancake/portable compressor all day I’d want one that was quiet. Who makes really quiet ones?

Rolair. I have the JC10 and it is real quiet. They use compressors that are also used in hospitals per speaking with them on the phone. No loud start up bangs either.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Then why do it? I’ve got the same scenario. Even though I could cash in and get an easy upgrade via points redemption, why unnecessarily replace something that still works.

Always wanting the latest in whatever is generally not a good recipe to get the most varied tool assortment at the end of the day and save some money. Been there done that myself at times. FWIW!

Because I like gadgets and high tech stuff. 😀

Yeah I’ll probably stick with my current brushed ones.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,005 total)
  • The topic ‘V9.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.889 seconds