dcsimg

V8…Today I used my Bosch…

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author

@JimDaddyO

I don’t know why we don’t play in the cabinet saw market. I am assuming that we are heavily focused on portable power tools. Most of our competitors don’t have them either I don’t think. You have your portable PT companies and you have your stationary PT companies, most seem to be separate.

At least that’s how I see it.

But I agree with you JimDaddyO, it would be sweet as hell to have one.

Dadgineer
    Project Leader - Bosch Power Tools North America

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

@jimdaddyo

I don’t know why we don’t play in the cabinet saw market. I am assuming that we are heavily focused on portable power tools. Most of our competitors don’t have them either I don’t think. You have your portable PT companies and you have your stationary PT companies, most seem to be separate.

Perhaps as an engineer, you could spec one out, draw it up, and start leaving it on peoples desks….lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

@jimdaddyo

Perhaps as an engineer, you could spec one out, draw it up, and start leaving it on peoples desks….lol.

You got to start some where.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

I don’t know why we don’t play in the cabinet saw market.

I’ll take a stab at the reasons why….

Huge store footprint and damn heavy. BB retailers I gotta assume cringe at this.

Little market for and at the price point it needs to be at go for being largely the purvey of speciality ‘woodworker’ stores which Bosch is not into at all at this point other than routers and potentially the FSN and such coming soon. There could be some better synergisms there with FSN coming, but is that shrinking market with those types of retailers worth it?

High risk of losses if whatever is released doesn’t catch on and its associated costs of importing and storage on Bosch’s end.

Less and less ‘woodworkers’ over time than years ago and hard to penetrate the real pro cabinet/manufacturer market.

Temdency of current existing wooodworkers to move to Euro style slider saws now and sell off their older style cabinet saws.

(That might be the actual market. Bosch comes out with a Euro style slider saw and it doesn’t have a massive weight/footprint and doesn’t cost a kings ransom and also incorporates the Reaxx type device once the patent wears off in a couple of years!)

What else do you have to offer? Having solely one ‘big machinery’ in a specialized woodworker store and nothing else like statinoary planers-jointers-bandsaw-drill press etc along those lines that cabinet saw purchasers would be amenable and cognizant of the accustomed to tools being offered in tandem that other manufacturers would also have on the floor lends itself to an uncomfortibleness of adopting a brands unit for a single tool.

@dadgineer

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Tonight I used my FL12 to inspect the truck. I hit something on the way home, but no damage to the truck or sign what it was.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

PS32 and the Colt were the heroes today installing hinges and rounding edges.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

@jimdaddyo

Lol you always have great insight Jim.

Today I am using my PS30 and PS40

I don’t know why we don’t play in the cabinet saw market.

I’ll take a stab at the reasons why….

Huge store footprint and damn heavy. BB retailers I gotta assume cringe at this.

Little market for and at the price point it needs to be at go for being largely the purvey of speciality ‘woodworker’ stores which Bosch is not into at all at this point other than routers and potentially the FSN and such coming soon. There could be some better synergisms there with FSN coming, but is that shrinking market with those types of retailers worth it?

High risk of losses if whatever is released doesn’t catch on and its associated costs of importing and storage on Bosch’s end.

Less and less ‘woodworkers’ over time than years ago and hard to penetrate the real pro cabinet/manufacturer market.

Temdency of current existing wooodworkers to move to Euro style slider saws now and sell off their older style cabinet saws.

(That might be the actual market. Bosch comes out with a Euro style slider saw and it doesn’t have a massive weight/footprint and doesn’t cost a kings ransom and also incorporates the Reaxx type device once the patent wears off in a couple of years!)

What else do you have to offer? Having solely one ‘big machinery’ in a specialized woodworker store and nothing else like statinoary planers-jointers-bandsaw-drill press etc along those lines that cabinet saw purchasers would be amenable and cognizant of the accustomed to tools being offered in tandem that other manufacturers would also have on the floor lends itself to an uncomfortibleness of adopting a brands unit for a single tool.

@dadgineer

I have to say that for me, the traditional big saws are becoming less and less relevant. The Festool approach of an MFT/3 Table with track saws, routers (on and off rails), and jigsaws, all with great dust capture – Its a game changer. Takes so much less space, feels safer, and is just as easy to set up for repetitive cuts.

A cabinet place near me recently retired their big table saw in exchange for four festool based stations. They can quadruple their output in the same square footage, and they find it faster and safer.

In Bosch’s place, I would leave the big machinery alone – let guys like Delta own it – but go after the Festool type market with good synergies. Bosch already have great vacs, and the best routers and jigsaws. The track saw exists in Europe, including a 32mm holey rail. Seems like all the pieces are there besides a worktop, and 20mm holes on 96 centres isn’t exactly hard to do. I think what Bosch needs is a better MFT, or at least competition for the Festool one.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Used the 18V light to provide some extra light under a car near dark trying to find a noise.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Managed to get it done before it started to snow, cut down row of cedar trees and turned the space into flower bed. Too many tools used to list.

My IDH182 died halfway, put it back in holster after driving a screw, and next time I pulled it out nada, completely dead. I pulled off the battery and pulled the trigger to drain any residual power in the circuit, and it worked again. So far so good, but a little disconcerting to say the least. In some ways I miss my 25618, should’ve kept it.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I got to use a bunch of Bosch today! My 18V and 12V lights, ps32 and 42 (so nice with the belt clips for climbing up and down ladders!) and my hdh181 was just the thing for cutting a 4” hole through a roof 🙂

That’s all I ended up using for the job I was doing today, but I brought everything – I was ready to rip down walls, cut through joists, you name it, I had a little of everything from my Colt to my OMT, I didn’t want to be running back home if something came up – so my L-Boxx 1 and 3 were stuffed to the gills! And I still had a few more bags/ cases for stuff.

Charlie

Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

And as for the track saw – yes, Yes, YES!!! I can’t wait for that to be here! But first, could we just get the track and have it work with the CCS180? Pretty please?

That track does not work with the CCS180. for the CCS180 you need the old style tracks which are rarely available here in NA. Europe still has plenty, but they are a bit pricy

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

And as for the track saw – yes, Yes, YES!!! I can’t wait for that to be here! But first, could we just get the track and have it work with the CCS180? Pretty please?

That track does not work with the CCS180. for the CCS180 you need the old style tracks which are rarely available here in NA. Europe still has plenty, but they are a bit pricy

Yeah, that’s a no go for me, at least for th foreseeable future. But that’s ok. Homemade tracks work well and are easy enough to make to size.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well I know later on I’ll be using the Flexi to change a battery. Will use it zip out some 10mm bolts holding it in. Easy Peasy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Managed to get it done before it started to snow, cut down row of cedar trees and turned the space into flower bed. Too many tools used to list.

My IDH182 died halfway, put it back in holster after driving a screw, and next time I pulled it out nada, completely dead. I pulled off the battery and pulled the trigger to drain any residual power in the circuit, and it worked again. So far so good, but a little disconcerting to say the least. In some ways I miss my 25618, should’ve kept it.

That’s weird what happened to it, never happened to me yet,
    I wonder if it is some kind of a safety feature

Nice job on getting that done before the snow.

@cmeyer25
    nice selection of Bosch you have going, great picture of the floodlight, definitely a great light

Never heard of that problem

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@cmeyer25 nice selection of Bosch you have going, great picture of the floodlight, definitely a great light

Thanks Brian – I loved it for this job, and I’m sure it’ll come in handy for many more down the road too.

Charlie

Instagram

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I guess the microprocessor crashed, problem of modern electronics lol.

@cmeyer25 nice selection of Bosch you have going, great picture of the floodlight, definitely a great light

Thanks Brian – I loved it for this job, and I’m sure it’ll come in handy for many more down the road too.

Your welcome, and yes I bet you will get many different uses for it.
    I’m liking the difference in all my lights.

@jzmtl
    lol, yeah but I guess that’s also a good thing lol

Today used the 18 volt recip saw, and the IDH182 and HDH183, plus a few others sorry, no pictures,had gloves on today 🙁
    And going up and down ladders,

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Today I used my new PS60 for some pruning. great little recip saw!

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 1,004 total)
  • The topic ‘V8…Today I used my Bosch…’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.039 seconds