dcsimg

V8…Today I used my Bosch…

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Really hoping Bosch decides to build a multi charger

Here’s one. But it’s for a 12V and an 18V side by side.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/chargers-gax18v-30-178087-p/

Really hoping Bosch decides to build a multi charger

Here’s one. But it’s for a 12V and an 18V side by side.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/chargers-gax18v-30-178087-p/

Yes, I know we already talked about them, personally for my use, the dual or even triple Bay charger for 18 volt would be what I would buy,

But that being said, they should think about that dual or triple Bay chargers for both the battery platforms,

I know when I bought my older ni-cad dual bay chargers, they were around 80 or even 110 dollars. But they definitely were worth it to me.

@Doobie & @Boschmanbrian and whoever else feels like chiming in….

I am curious about the multibay charger concept…

So, the idea has been around for years and I am curious.

Basically you are going to have two concepts, a multi charger that charges all of the batteries at the same time or one that charges batteries one at a time.

For the all at the same the time concept, you are basically taking the guts of existing chargers and sticking them into a bigger housing with one power cord. So essentially the cost would be similar to buying multiple chargers. Then there is the one at a time charger, where you have a central charging brain that performs the charging, and then a bunch of little circuits that checks each battery to see if it needs charging. It would only charge one battery at a time. This would be less expensive than an all at once solution as the guts are similar to just one charger.

So my question is, which do you prefer and why? I see advantages to both.

No, I am not developing a new charger, it is time for you all to teach me. I am always looking to learn more, so let me have it.

Thanks.

Dadgineer
    Project Leader - Bosch Power Tools North America

Yesterday I used a Bosch tool. Needless to say, I was excited. I have been around power tools for years and I don’t always get excited for new tools. This one really is going to be awesome.

Obviously I am walking that fine line of what I can say, but since it is out there, I can mention some of it. I got to play with our new track saw.

Wow. I am not a heavy track saw user, so it is kind of new to me, but this thing is awesome. We looked at all the accessories and such and needless to say, I drooled all over myself. Lots of fun toys.

Guess who was recently handed the task of bringing this product into North America? I currently hold the stick and will be poking people to get them into market.

The “why has it taken so long” argument is out there, I know. There are lots of reasons, that can be summed up simply as, “bringing a product designed for the European market is sometimes not an easy transition into the North American market”. We are actively making changes across Bosch to help change that issue with future products, but it is never going to be easy. That is a whole subject I could talk about for days. Want to make a benchtop engineer cry? Tell him he has to design a single table saw that is compatible for the world.

As expected, I can’t answer any availability questions because that’s not my gig. Just know it’s coming and be ready for some awesomeness.

Dadgineer

@doobie & @boschmanbrian and whoever else feels like chiming in….

Basically you are going to have two concepts, a multi charger that charges all of the batteries at the same time or one that charges batteries one at a time.

For the all at the same the time concept, you are basically taking the guts of existing chargers and sticking them into a bigger housing with one power cord. So essentially the cost would be similar to buying multiple chargers. Then there is the one at a time charger, where you have a central charging brain that performs the charging, and then a bunch of little circuits that checks each battery to see if it needs charging. It would only charge one battery at a time. This would be less expensive than an all at once solution as the guts are similar to just one charger.

No, I am not developing a new charger, it is time for you all to teach me. I am always looking to learn more, so let me have it.

Thanks.

Hey Steve, I would definitely be willing to spend the extra money like I have in the past with the older ni-cad version, double bay charger, I actually liked them so much, I had bought 3, they were great, charged the blue core batteries in 30 minutes and simultaneously, miss that for sure.
    I think it would be a good seller, might think of a double one, and maybe a crew charger 3 and up,

Just my two cents lol

And as for the track saw, oh man, yes yes yes.
    I hope that they consider a cordless one to.
    Definitely will be following this 🙂 thanks for the heads up.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Thanks.

I can’t really see a benefit to having them all charge at once…
    It would be slower to get any individual battery fully charged, and more expensive, right? So wouldn’t it make the most sense to get each battery back to being useful in succession as quickly as possible?

I would love to see a six bay, rapid charge station that gets one battery at a time topped off. And possibly, depending on how it works, maybe have one battery charging at top speed to 80% and then move on to the next with the first one trickle charging up to full so that you can get as many batteries usefully charged as quickly as possible. That seems like it would work best for a job site with multiple tools going at once, and for someone like me who is just going to throw all my packs on and leave them over night.

And as for the track saw – yes, Yes, YES!!! I can’t wait for that to be here! But first, could we just get the track and have it work with the CCS180? Pretty please?

Charlie

Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Yesterday I used a Bosch tool. Needless to say, I was excited. I have been around power tools for years and I don’t always get excited for new tools. This one really is going to be awesome.

Obviously I am walking that fine line of what I can say, but since it is out there, I can mention some of it. I got to play with our new track saw.

Wow. I am not a heavy track saw user, so it is kind of new to me, but this thing is awesome. We looked at all the accessories and such and needless to say, I drooled all over myself. Lots of fun toys.

Guess who was recently handed the task of bringing this product into North America? I currently hold the stick and will be poking people to get them into market.

The “why has it taken so long” argument is out there, I know. There are lots of reasons, that can be summed up simply as, “bringing a product designed for the European market is sometimes not an easy transition into the North American market”. We are actively making changes across Bosch to help change that issue with future products, but it is never going to be easy. That is a whole subject I could talk about for days. Want to make a benchtop engineer cry? Tell him he has to design a single table saw that is compatible for the world.

As expected, I can’t answer any availability questions because that’s not my gig. Just know it’s coming and be ready for some awesomeness.

Very nice Steve – looking forward to the new saw. Too bad it’s not cordless (yet 😛 😛 )

Are you able to tell if Bosch will show this new saw at World of Concrete in Las Vegas in January? Will you be there? @Dadgineer

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

For me, as a solo worker, I really don’t need a multi-bay charger. But for the pros who have a crew, I would suspect the ‘time is money’ kicks in and the charge all at once with the higher price is what they would want.

How pricey is it to incorporate a ‘time remaining’ LED lit bar on the body of the charger? Or is that even possible?

Another feature would be BT to a phone app that notifies you that charging is complete. I can see that as being handy in some situations.

@dadgineer

well @cmeyer25… Considering the tracks are already designed, and the foot for the CCS180 us already designed, we are kind of stuck with what we have… For now. (An that means, I have no clue what future plans are on that subject, so maybe or maybe not)

@madman_us
    , typically the focus is on concrete and metal at WOC, so I am not sure what tools they will choose to demo in other categories. I’ve never been to WOC, so I am not sure. My best guess would be no, but who knows.

Dadgineer

@madman_us, nope, will not be there. i am not working on any concrete products, so for me to go there would not be worth the companies money. Would love to go, supposed to be a cool show.

Dadgineer

@Doobie,

Time remaining feature is cool. With all the intelligence that goes into the Li-Ion charging systems, I am sure it is possible.

With the world moving towards IoT, I am sure it is only a matter of time before everything on the jobsite will be communicating with cell phones.

Dadgineer

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Got to use my ps22 most of the day!
    Love the power and it’s so small and light. One of my most used tools. I have a Hilti 12v sfd2a screwdriver that is similar but is a slide pack battery design. Love both for different reasons but the Bosch is most compact and lightest. I think it’s more powerful as well even though it’s not rated as having more torque.

j

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Thanks.

I’d personally prefer to have a more expensive multi-bay in which all batteries charged at once while on the charger. I imagine that most who would need something like this would want it for job site use and having only one batt at a time charging would not be an efficient use of time. Labor hours almost always cost more than tools and consumables or materials and supplies for jobs. If you have a few guys using the same battery platform, and performing a task with similar tools, I could imagine a queue easily stacking up for batteries with only one charging at a time.

j

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

typically the focus is on concrete and metal at WOC, so I am not sure what tools they will choose to demo in other categories. I’ve never been to WOC, so I am not sure. My best guess would be no, but who knows.

nope, will not be there. i am not working on any concrete products, so for me to go there would not be worth the companies money. Would love to go, supposed to be a cool show.

@Dadgineer

That is not quite correct. All kinds of brands and products are shown at WOC. Bosch, Makita, dewalt, HILTI, Milwaukee, Skilsaw etc show off most of their tools there.
    lasers, worm drive saws, vacuums, drill/drivers etc…you name it.
    I’ve met quite some Bosch folks there from different departments, even engineering department 😛

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I think the only way to go is with the sequential charging. Also fast charging. I use the Makita duel charger and have 2- 5.0ah batteries ready in about 40 mins.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Used my ps41 today to fasten a new downspout. Working on a ladder made me miss my ps42 and its belt hook something serious!

Charlie

Instagram

Thanks.

I’d personally prefer to have a more expensive multi-bay in which all batteries charged at once while on the charger. I imagine that most who would need something like this would want it for job site use and having only one batt at a time charging would not be an efficient use of time. Labor hours almost always cost more than tools and consumables or materials and supplies for jobs. If you have a few guys using the same battery platform, and performing a task with similar tools, I could imagine a queue easily stacking up for batteries with only one charging at a time.

That’s exactly what I’m talking about, definitely would pay a few extra dollars,

@madman_us

I stand corrected. I didn’t realize we throw out the full spread. Makes sense, why go to one of the biggest shows and not show all your stuff. So, back to my original comment, will I be at WOC? Who knows, … Maybe I can sneak my way in, if we will be showing woodworking stuff. Always good for us nerds to get out and talk to customers.

Any no worries, if I do manage to show up, I will make sure I have a lot of headshots ready for autographes. 😉

As I mentioned, I have my paws all over the project now, so I will be able to provide track saw updates when I am allowed to.

Dadgineer

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I stand corrected. I didn’t realize we throw out the full spread. Makes sense, why go to one of the biggest shows and not show all your stuff. So, back to my original comment, will I be at WOC? Who knows, … Maybe I can sneak my way in, if we will be showing woodworking stuff. Always good for us nerds to get out and talk to customers.

Any no worries, if I do manage to show up, I will make sure I have a lot of headshots ready for autographes.

As I mentioned, I have my paws all over the project now, so I will be able to provide track saw updates when I am allowed to.

@Dadgineer

You should try to get out there. It’s a fun event and I am pretty sure you like to talk tools 😛
    We do have couple WOC threads with a few pictures in them if you are interested to see how the show is.
    Framing, batteries etc is pretty big there too.

If you go let me know and we can have a beer together and maybe I can snatch up that famous autograph haha. I’ll be there for sure, like every year haha.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Table saw!!! Now you have my interest. Not a job site saw, not a contractors saw, but a real honest to goodness cabinet saw. Not sure if this is a segment of the market Bosch wants to get into, but something to compete with the Powermatic PM 1000 or Laguna Fusion. Convertible between voltage (115 – 230) with a “cookie cutter” motor that can be easily replaced when the time comes, cabinet mounted trunion and dust collection on the blade guard too (think Excalibur system). The General International 50-200R was near the top of my list, but the company is getting sketchier by the month it seems. Right now I am favouring the Laguna but there are a couple of others that I may consider (not a King Canada, been burnt buying a couple of their tools already). A combo Jointer/Planer with a helical head would be cool too.

I realise that the Euro models would have to have a different motor and spindle as they don’t seem to like dado stacks over there, which is why I suggest an easily obtained motor with some sort of standard mounting system.

Edit: oh, left tilt too please.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,004 total)
  • The topic ‘V8…Today I used my Bosch…’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.923 seconds