dcsimg

V8.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I received my Wera Kraftform Screwdrivers, the OTC Flare Nut Locking Pliers and the Bosch 12V Hammer Drill yesterday. I put the screwdrivers right by the work bench in the hope of using them often. The Laser Tip looks like it will really grip a fastener.

You know we need pictures here 😉

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

something with good mileage, nothing fancy just reliable

Nice choice. Happy trails!

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Mirka Deros and some other goodies arrived today.

Looking forward to a review ….

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looking at my 12V Hammer Drill, this is nice tool. It has 20 different clutch settings and 2 speeds. On top of that 3 different modes Driver, Drill, and Hammer Drill. For the money it is a nice compact tool. No L-Boxx comes in a soft case.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Thanks guys!

I went and weighed the Deros against my old PC334 5in sander and the PC weighs 50% more almost.

Might be a while before I get to test it out though. As mentioned in another thread, I just tore one of my rotators in my shoulder. Been learning quick how to wipe my arse and other things with the other hand and how to do things one handed instead of two handed. PITA!!!

ahh thats too bad, but get well soon. I want to see videos of that spade bit in action. I have never heard of mirka sander, what makes it so good? how does it compare to the festool line of sanders? If i have to dry wall again I want to just take a sander to the mud.

@Doobie sorry about your injured shoulder, hopefully it heals fast and you can use some of the new goodies you picked up.

Oh man sorry to hear that. I’ve gimped my right hand before and that other side butt wiping can be very challenging. I was 8 weeks in a external fixator.

Mirka Deros and some other goodies arrived today.

Looking forward to a review ….

Well this may happen sooner than I thought. Today, my shoulder/upper arm is feeling a lot better. In fact, I barely have any pain and seem to have gone from 20% range of motion to 90% overnite. Nothing like the doctor described to me of where things would progress as in a best case scenario.

Thinking of not even going for the Ultrasound I’m booked for this afternoon. Haven’t even bothered to take any of the Naproxen I was prescribed yesterday.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys!

The Mirka is gonna maybe see it’s first action soon. The guy excavating my new driveway dinged with one of the teeth on his Bobcat my freshly painted from last year metal garage door. Bondo time!

He asked me to come out with a price that he would deduct off the driveway bill. What would someone charge to bondo sand and paint this?

The door was an uninsulated metal door that I insulated. It would be a dog’s breakfast to get at the other side to help fix the dent.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Replaced my Werner…

Resident Sign Guy

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Replaced my Werner…

Hey @Moze,
    Is it as good as the ads say it is? I have always been skeptical about those ladders.
    I have a 4′ Werner at home and love it, a 6′ at work. It’s one of the few that are Grade 1A rated.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

Went to the toy store today.
    This was the biggie, but also got goodies to so I can light the shop.
    Plus, I’d already picked up a bunch of recip blades when I saw a buy one – get one (a single) free sign on the blades I’d already decided on. Whoopee!
    Also some other stuff for upcoming projects.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Replaced my Werner…

That’s a great looking ladder ! What is the max height you can reach on that ?

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

Looking at my 12V Hammer Drill, this is nice tool. It has 20 different clutch settings and 2 speeds. On top of that 3 different modes Driver, Drill, and Hammer Drill. For the money it is a nice compact tool. No L-Boxx comes in a soft case.

I love that tool! I recommend you pick up the CLC belt holster for it. I keep it on the back of my belt for predrilling or an extra drive type ready to go. It doesn’t add much to the belt weight.

@Toolshead
    , that is a biggie! Let us know how the planer performs for you. Do you have anything experience with other brands to compare them to the Rigid?

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Plus, I’d already picked up a bunch of recip blades when I saw a buy one – get one (a single) free sign on the blades I’d already decided on. Whoopee!
    Also some other stuff for upcoming projects.

Nice planer! You’ll have to let us know how it does…I’ve been wanting to upgrade mepy ancient Ryobi!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

@Toolshead congrats dude! I almost got that one but got a great deal last year on a recon Dewalt 3 blade.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I have been casually browsing for a surface planer for a while now. I think I may opt for a nice used one, as I will only use it occasionally.

@Warren6810 I don’t mean to get on my soap box about recon again but I’ve really been pretty lucky with Tyler Tool. Plus the 1 year warranty is nice. The worst condition tool I’ve gotten which still had a 1yr warranty was ,y Dewalt 20v framer.it was clearly used but not in bad condition in any way, just some scratches to the frame. My Dewalt planer looked brand spankin’ new as have most of my recon purchases.

Doobie

Replaced my Werner…

That’s a real smart ladder there. Never heard of them. Might have to get one myself. Is there a model number/name for that one? Did it come packaged with those features or were they ad-ons you buy?

redwood
    Pro

Replaced my Werner…

That’s a real smart ladder there. Never heard of them. Might have to get one myself. Is there a model number/name for that one? Did it come packaged with those features or were they ad-ons you buy?

Little Giant ladders have been around forever, at least in the states. They are very versatile, but also very heavy.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

<P>Went to the toy store today.<BR>This was the biggie, but also got goodies to so I can light the shop.</P>

<P> @Toolshead, that is a biggie! Let us know how the planer performs for you. Do you have anything experience with other brands to compare them to the Rigid?</P>

Absolute n00b – no experience at all.
    Lots of reading, but figured if I kept that up I’d never get one. I’ve got a Ridgid table saw that I’ve been very happy with, so we’ll see how this goes.

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

Replaced my Werner…

Little Giant ladders have been around forever, at least in the states. They are very versatile, but also very heavy.

I have a 17′ Little Giant that lives in my van. It is heavy but it’s a lot of ladder for a small amount of space. With that and a small stepladder I can tackle 90% of ladder work. It’s not as comfortable to stand on for long periods though.

They’re durable too. I bought mine in 2003 and I’ve used it on almost every job since then.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Replaced my Werner…

Oh That’s nice!! Where did you get that at?? Costco?

Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘V8.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.666 seconds