dcsimg

V8.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author
    whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Picked up a Vaughn Bear Saw double-edged Japanese style pull saw from a local hardware store. I’ve been looking for one like this at a good price for a while, to go in my everyday tool kit for quick jobs around the house, or helping out family and friends. Provides rip, crosscut and flush cut in a single tool.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Picked up a Vaughn Bear Saw double-edged Japanese style pull saw from a local hardware store.

First one I’ve seen that comes apart like that. Nice find.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

<P>Picked up a Vaughn Bear Saw double-edged Japanese style pull saw from a local hardware store. I’ve been looking for one like this at a good price for a while, to go in my everyday tool kit for quick jobs around the house, or helping out family and friends. Provides rip, crosscut and flush cut in a single tool.</P>

Nice looks like a good saw, it is nice that the blade is removable from the handle for easy transport. I have a Japanese pull saw but it is so long it would rarely ever go anywhere with me.

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

@theamcguy, there are a few that work that way. Bought an Irwin first, then discovered replacement blades aren’t available. Odd, for a saw that has a removable blade. Tempted by the Modern Ryoba at Lee Valley, but used a friend’s and didn’t like the feel of the handle. The Vaughn has excellent reviews, so when I could order it through a local place for the same price Amazon.com had it, it was an easy decision.
    I’ve rarely used a western style panel saw since discovering pull saws. Faster, cleaner cut, smaller kerf, smaller saw. Didn’t take too long to adjust to the different position for holding the saw.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Picked up a Vaughn Bear Saw double-edged Japanese style pull saw from a local hardware store.

First one I’ve seen that comes apart like that. Nice find.

I have a couple of Shark brand ones, and they a both like that. For blade replacement, more than anything.

woodman_412

I picked up one of the new brass calipers while I was at Lee Valley last night. It’s a super handy size to keep in my tool bag and will make it much easier to get diameter measurements quickly.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=72846&cat=51&ap=1

Dan

danpattison.com

Our new Fein MM came today! Our older 250 MM is still kicking but we are running a few jobs now and had the need for another. This new model is way quieter and smoother. Did some test cuts and it was a big improvement over the older 250.

Are you doing MM work that’s so hard you need a cord. I have a corded one but never use it. I guess I’m just not doing the hard stuff.

I really like the Fein MM tools and power is usually readily available when I am using this tool. To be honest I haven’t committed to a newer cordless platform so I don’t want to get a cordless OMT until then.

I will say this new model is awesome. Just for the fact that it is tons quieter.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

I picked up one of the new brass calipers while I was at Lee Valley last night. It’s a super handy size to keep in my tool bag and will make it much easier to get diameter measurements quickly.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=72846&cat=51&ap=1

I saw those being offered in the what’s new section online. What do you think of them quality wise? Think they’ll last?

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

Bought a Hitachi roofing gun today at HD that was marked down from 299 to 109, still in the box. I also bought the Ryobi cordless narrow crown gun. I’ve been liking the 18ga from Ryobi so I think I’ll go all in on the cordless nailers from them and only be out $100 more than I paid for my last Paslode finish nailer, which has been a PITA.

Doobie

my last Paslode finish nailer, which has been a PITA.

Was that Paslode one of their “Lite” line? I recall years ago hearing the lite line was crap.

I have an older 15 year old Paslode finish nailer. Don’t use like a contractor would, but it has been excellent and never had a prob with it.

Finally bought my own floor jack for the garage after years of borrowing. I’ve been jacking up everybody’s car that comes over just to look underneath it. My wife doesn’t really care for it. 😉

Finally bought my own floor jack for the garage after years of borrowing. I’ve been jacking up everybody’s car that comes over just to look underneath it. My wife doesn’t really care for it. 😉

What kind of jack did you get? I recently got a aluminum/steel jack from Costco. I really like it. Much better than the cheap, small Walmart one I had before.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Our new Fein MM came today! Our older 250 MM is still kicking but we are running a few jobs now and had the need for another. This new model is way quieter and smoother. Did some test cuts and it was a big improvement over the older 250.

Are you doing MM work that’s so hard you need a cord. I have a corded one but never use it. I guess I’m just not doing the hard stuff.

I really like the Fein MM tools and power is usually readily available when I am using this tool. To be honest I haven’t committed to a newer cordless platform so I don’t want to get a cordless OMT until then.

I will say this new model is awesome. Just for the fact that it is tons quieter.

Ok I see now. What platform you using now? I seem to have 3 going now.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

What kind of jack did you get? I recently got a aluminum/steel jack from Costco. I really like it. Much better than the cheap, small Walmart one I had before.

As funny as it sounds, I love my racing jack from harbor freight.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Picked up a Vaughn Bear Saw double-edged Japanese style pull saw from a local hardware store. I’ve been looking for one like this at a good price for a while, to go in my everyday tool kit for quick jobs around the house, or helping out family and friends. Provides rip, crosscut and flush cut in a single tool.

I am wondering what the application is this Japanese style pull saw for ?

Doobie

I am wondering what the application is this Japanese style pull saw for ?

Cutting wooden dovetails by hand. Flush cutting dowels or tenons. Or just cutting wood.

I have a couple of them but the cords went missing so , never use them.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have an aluminum jack. Really notice the difference if you have to pick it up and take it someplace. Yep a floor jack at the house really makes a big difference. Makes a bunch of jobs go a lot easier.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Bought a Hitachi roofing gun today at HD that was marked down from 299 to 109,

I think I need to visit HD…that’s a great deal!

Side note….anyone have any insight as to why all of the Box stores are clearancing pneumatic nailers? What are they replacing them with?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Bought a Hitachi roofing gun today at HD that was marked down from 299 to 109,

I think I need to visit HD…that’s a great deal!

Side note….anyone have any insight as to why all of the Box stores are clearancing pneumatic nailers? What are they replacing them with?

I wonder if they are having sales in Canada as well, I may have to go in and check. Maybe they are replacing them with electric ones like the ryobi airstrike.

Doobie

I wonder if they are having sales in Canada as well, I may have to go in and check.

Let us know if they are at HD here in Canada. You gonna try Lowes too?

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘V8.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.033 seconds