dcsimg

V7…Today I used my Bosch…

This topic contains 1,007 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Here is the new thread. Let’s try and add as many in use photos as possible with this new thread!
    Here is the old one. https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v6-today-i-used-my-bosch/

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Today using some Bosch,
    The 12 volt dust buster in business lol

So many plans today,
    After our daughter left to her friends house for a play date,
    I was just exhausted,
    Only Bosch I used this afternoon was the PB180
    Chilling on a beautiful day

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Well today my oldest daughter got to use Bosch CLPK22-120. Today she broke the tray of her Doll High chair. I had her use the PS31 3/8″ Drill/Driver to drill out the wooden plugs covering the screws. Then she used the PS41 – Impact Driver loosen the screws. She did really well using these tools. I am really happy I got theses. I am sorry I didn’t snap a picture while she was using them I sure there will be more. I add a picture of the Doll High chair & the Bosch tools use remove the broken tray. Also a piece of the broken tray.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Glide and sanders again today. More shop stock.

Charlie

Instagram

CB
    Pro

Charlie, what are those slotted wood things you are making used for?

Used the Bosch drill with a wire brush in it to clean up the vise I got. Nice not having to worry about the cord being in the way.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Today I used my Bosch gli1900 flood light hds181 hammer drill vac090s vacuum cag180 grinder mx30 omt ps42 impactor pb120 radio fnh180-16 16 gauge cordless nailer

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

@masterbosch how do you like the flood light?

Flood light is very bright it lights up the whole room. But I don’t like cool white color wise. I wish color o. The Flood light was warm. On the other hand cool white is more bright and you see more in detail. How could you not like a light that it’s that portable and bright I had my 6.0ah battery on it all day. Didn’t even stop working on all day use . So gotta love it @kswiss I heard they already released it in USA

CB
    Pro

Today I used my Bosch Panther Reciprocating Saw. Both of my Sawzalls were on jobsites, and changing a hose bib for a neighbor quickly turned into cutting out the old fence that broke the hose bib and setting a new post. Not enough clearance for the stroke of a handsaw, so I unearthed the Bosch, purchased in the very late 80’s, and soon shelved after feeling the vibrations… and lack thereof on a Sawzall.

At the time I bought this particular Panther nearly 30 years ago, there was no other reciprocating saw on the market that was both variable speed AND orbital, with adjustable orbital action, and adjustable speed with trigger lock, other than this Bosch model. I eventually came around to putting a higher value on other attributes in a reciprocating saw that this saw didn’t have, like tool-less blade changes, tool-less foot depth adjustment, and less vibration.

Attachments:

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Today I used my Bosch Panther Reciprocating Saw.

Really like the retro metal box too. Nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I agree that box looks awesome

That box legit looks brand new 30 years man they used to build old power tools like a tank. @cb

Today I used my Bosch Panther Reciprocating Saw. Both of my Sawzalls were on jobsites, and changing a hose bib for a neighbor quickly turned into cutting out the old fence that broke the hose bib and setting a new post. Not enough clearance for the stroke of a handsaw, so I unearthed the Bosch, purchased in the very late 80’s, and soon shelved after feeling the vibrations… and lack thereof on a Sawzall.

At the time I bought this particular Panther nearly 30 years ago, there was no other reciprocating saw on the market that was both variable speed AND orbital, with adjustable orbital action, and adjustable speed with trigger lock, other than this Bosch model. I eventually came around to putting a higher value on other attributes in a reciprocating saw that this saw didn’t have, like tool-less blade changes, tool-less foot depth adjustment, and less vibration.

Impressive that it still works well, even if its nowhere near modern standards

I have an old B&D jigsaw thats like that. Its like controlling a possessed pogo stick but it works as well as the day it was built – at least 40 years ago

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

That box legit looks brand new 30 years man they used to build old power tools like a tank. @cb

Very nice box, would like to see the saw,
    Definitely made some very solid tools

CB
    Pro

Its like controlling a possessed pogo stick

Bingo. What a great description! That’s exactly what it is like.

The mechanism that converts rotating motion to reciprocating motion is imbalanced. I didn’t realize how bad it was until I was doing demo on a structural termite repair side by side with a co-contractor and I asked him to swap saws for a minute. He was like “dayum”, and I was like “dayum”, but we both were like “dayum” for opposite reasons.

The reciprocating saw that I immediately bought afterwards was the same brand as his, and was specifically advertised by the manufacturer to possess a twin balancing mechanism inside, not BE possessed like a pogo.

CB
    Pro

This Bosch was Made In USA.

It has a very large, long, and durable rubber covering over the front body… large enough, and thick enough, to completely protect the operator from shock, as the forward gear housing of this saw is cast metal, not plastic.

It is also double insulated, which was important to me at the time, because I was working on older properties that did not have grounded outlets. At the time (late 80’s), all of Milwaukee’s Sawzalls (with the patented mechanism) came with grounded cords (either Quik-Lok or fixed) save for one model (the 6512), which was only two speeds (slow or fast) not infinitely variable speed like the Bosch Panther.

CB
    Pro

I agree that box looks awesome

I especially liked the graphic art of the Panther logo, with the big cat’s claws extended like sharp teeth to a saw blade, literally ripping stuff apart.

Attachments:

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

This Bosch was Made In USA.

It has a very large, long, and durable rubber covering over the front body… large enough, and thick enough, to completely protect the operator from shock, as the forward gear housing of this saw is cast metal, not plastic.

It is also double insulated, which was important to me at the time, because I was working on older properties that did not have grounded outlets. At the time (late 80’s), all of Milwaukee’s Sawzalls (with the patented mechanism) came with grounded cords (either Quik-Lok or fixed) save for one model (the 6512), which was only two speeds (slow or fast) not infinitely variable speed like the Bosch Panther.

Oh wow, that’s actually in pretty good shape, looks new,
    Definitely a keeper,
    Thanks for the pictures,
    Who knows, maybe Bosch will contact you and make you an offer to replace it with the newer one.
    Thanks for sharing.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Yesterday I was working in the shop trying to get some dust collection for my MR23 router in my table. I don’t have anything fancy – just tape and some vacuum attachments, but I thought I could make something work.

Turns out I made it worse! Now, instead of mostly going out the housing and under my table everywhere, somehow closing the spaces except for where the vac is made the air push the chips up! I have no idea why that happened or what to do about it. Any suggestions?

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,008 total)

The topic ‘V7…Today I used my Bosch…’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 4.509 seconds