dcsimg

V6.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

As soon as I get a day off I’m gonna go and prepay for that Hitachi 12″ miter saw.

Link to the old thread.. http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v5-0-toolaholic-public-announcement-page/page/52/

I thought you were getting the bigger Bosch saw – no?

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I thought you were getting the bigger Bosch saw – no?

The new Hiyachi just has too many goodies on it to ignore.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

What advantages does it have?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

heading to the dewalt store today to get some band saw blades.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Grabbed some much needed clamps yesterday. It seems like I never have enough small clamps…I have plenty of the long ones though. I found these Irwins at Lowes for $3.00. They look like they are built well.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

$3 a pop really not a bad price for an Irwin clamp.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

staker
    Pro

I find c clamps one of my most used and I have about 4 different sizes.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I need some of them clamps myself but ill wait until I see them on sale .

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

I got a bunch of those clamps a few years ago from their dollar bin – some Kobalt, some Columbian, some unmarked. About 5″ and 3″.
    Different brands have slightly different strengths, which really helps depending on what I’m doing.

Grabbed some much needed clamps yesterday. It seems like I never have enough small clamps…I have plenty of the long ones though. I found these Irwins at Lowes for $3.00. They look like they are built well.

That is not too bad at all. I have always wondered if Bessey’s fancier version are worth the upgrade in terms of price:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bessey-XCR-4PC-Ratcheting-Spring-Capacity/dp/B0012YLFP2

John S

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

What advantages does it have?

Laser and depth stop if I remember correctly from the promo video.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

OK, @Redwood, what is the new tool, we got a new thread?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

It amazes me we’ve had 5000 posts on new tools. That’s impressive.

Ordered a new 18V drill today!

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

redwood
    Pro

Ok, I realize that some of you are buried under snow, but we just had 8″ of rain and the weeds are coming out. Our house just went back on the market and need to hit those weeds and tall grasses. I went to fire up the old gas trimmer and the primer bulb was cracked. I was PO’d, so I got this.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

As soon as I get a day off I’m gonna go and prepay for that Hitachi 12″ miter saw.

Link to the old thread.. http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v5-0-toolaholic-public-announcement-page/page/52/

Are you talking about that one that the rails can be pulled forward like the kapex. I got to play with is yesterday and i was a little disappointed. First thing i noticed was that dist collection scoop was small compared to the axle glide. It wasnt even fully enclosed at the top which i found interesting. A few modifications and that could be fixed though. What i didnt like was the roughness of the slide that was COVERED in grease. Not even close to the smoothness of the axle glide and to me that makes the extra $200 over the life of the saw worth it. It was in the store set up as a regular slide on a high shelf so I wasnt able to give it a full run down. I was able to change the slide position and work the saw both ways “slide bars back and forward”. Not sure if the cheap bolt hold downs to lock the bars in place were just not holding well of if i just couldnt get them tight enough being over my head like that but while moving the actions of the saw they slipped a couple times.

Ok, I realize that some of you are buried under snow, but we just had 8″ of rain and the weeds are coming out. Our house just went back on the market and need to hit those weeds and tall grasses. I went to fire up the old gas trimmer and the primer bulb was cracked. I was PO’d, so I got this.

Great, now that is what I wish Bosch would consider getting into, I’m sure it would sell great, imagine the amount of people who have the 18 volt platform already, they could even add to the collection with garden tools, and have plenty of batteries to boot. Please let us know how you like the weed Wacker, and how it performs.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Nice replacement Mark, my wife bought the Worx cordless with the blower also. If I had the Makita, I would always get heck for mot having batteries at home. I bet the Makita is a much better option than the Worx

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Great, now that is what I wish Bosch would consider getting into, I’m sure it would sell great, imagine the amount of people who have the 18 volt platform already, they could even add to the collection with garden tools, and have plenty of batteries to boot. Please let us know how you like the weed Wacker, and how it performs.

Well said. I would be all over a bosch offering with the 18V system;

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

How’s the power on the trimmer . Does the battery have a lot of run time .

Always willing to learn .

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,011 total)
  • The topic ‘V6.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.495 seconds