dcsimg

V3.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,025 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

opened new thread,, looks like somebody broke the V2.0 thread??

old thread – http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/toolaholic-public-announcement-page-v2-0/

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

DirtyWhiteBoy wrote:

thedude306 wrote:

on edit: hahaha I think that was from the first page. It’s broke again!

Did somebody break it again?

I think it was MrToolJunkie… You going to start a new one?
    I don’t know who broke it, they seem to be breaking a lot lately? But yes we’ll but it Mr.ToolJunkie , why not?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Jeesh.. I posted it was broke but missed starting a new one.

That’s why you’re the King DWB!!

No tools this week but I have some Oak arriving that should be here for Wed.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

the fact that the toolaholic public announcement thread is on its 3rd version is awesome. we are true addicts! keep it goin!

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Tool related I think, got some of these SimpleScribe scribing blocks in. The don’t ship retail to Canada so I did a bulk order after talking to a few friends in town who were also in to getting one. Now I just need to find 15 more friends who need them.

No pics right now but I just got the CXS drill today. That thing is sweet. It’s pretty sad that one of the things I’m most excited about on it is the bit holder… that thing is freakin genius!!

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

No pics right now but I just got the CXS drill today. That thing is sweet. It’s pretty sad that one of the things I’m most excited about on it is the bit holder… that thing is freakin genius!!

Congrats, I have been eyeing the CXS. I have a C15 and it is my go to drill now for finish work, the CXS probably would have been a better choice for that but I wasn’t ready to pull the trigger on both and wanted something with enough grunt for drilling too.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i could use one lol.. ive been doing a ton of scribing on trim lately do to wavey old floors and ceilings

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

@xtrememtnbiker
    – I am happy with my bosch 12v drills, but I still kinda always wonder if having the CXS would be a better option 🙂 Eager to hear your thoughts on it!

No time for new tools right now as I have been busy teaching… thus my absence for a few days

John S

My thoughts… I held it in my hands for 15 minutes cause it feels cool… 🙂

It’s ergonomic, it’s light, belt clip is reversible in about 5 seconds which is cool since we have a lefty on the crew, it’s light, right angle attachment will be great, never had a right angle drill, it’s light (have I mentioned that..? lol)

Only ever used 18V cordless stuff with big batteries really so this thing weighs far less which will be awesome for cabinetry stuff and other things as well.

For those of you who don’t know about it bit holder, it’s two slots that can hold 4, 1″ bits. There is a magnet in the drill which holds them to it. I tried as hard as I could to sling a bit out, no luck whatsoever. I like that a lot… past bit holders have been less than impressive. I can hold 4 in the drill, 1 in the tip and never need to go find the one I need for the current task, I really am looking forward to that.

Attachments:

I received the LegUp add on for my table saw today. Should make things easier with panel goods.

Attachments:

Drywall guns .

Always willing to learn .

Attachments:

Was always curious about these lower end inspection cameras. Not curious anymore.. And not particularly interested anymore either.

Attachments:
    mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Was always curious about these lower end inspection cameras. Not curious anymore.. And not particularly interested anymore either.

I always wondered how the M12 was, is that Milwaukee or something else? I think they are a niche use thing for sure. Same with the wall scanners.

I always wondered how the M12 was, is that Milwaukee or something else? I think they are a niche use thing for sure. Same with the wall scanners.

Not sure if you are asking if M12 is Milwaukee or his is Milwaukee but the answer to both is yes.

That was going to my first tool to be in that m18 line up . What’s no to like .

Well, first off, it’s M12 not M18. Just go on amazon and read reviews for it. Not great reviews…

I went with the 9mm dewalt 12v camera. They are very much a niche tool… quite frustrating to use honestly. Rather confusing to get used to, etc. This is coming from using one with great reviews on it.

I can’t speak for Kam though, just my thoughts.

Well, first off, it’s M12 not M18. Just go on amazon and read reviews for it. Not great reviews…

I went with the 9mm dewalt 12v camera. They are very much a niche tool… quite frustrating to use honestly. Rather confusing to get used to, etc. This is coming from using one with great reviews on it.

I can’t speak for Kam though, just my thoughts.

You would think it would be easy . Turn it on a there pops up video image . Why do they need to add things more confusing .

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Not sure if you are asking if M12 is Milwaukee or his is Milwaukee but the answer to both is yes.

Thanks, couldn’t tell for sure if his was the Milwaukee or another brand.

You would think it would be easy . Turn it on a there pops up video image . Why do they need to add things more confusing .

Oh things pop up… lol. It’s just hard to tell which way is up and down. The image quality is ok, but we’re used to 1080HD tvs and 12mp cameras, etc. That this is not. And then you stick it in a wall to look at something, and you can only see a few inches even with leds, so you have to be a master manipulator of the cable, which is also hard to do. lol

They work, don’t get me wrong, I have a $300 one and would probably be rather upset if it was a cheap one cause they’re even harder to use according to reviews. It’s also hard to spend $300 on a tool that you use a couple times a year maybe. But if it saves money, then it’s worth it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,025 total)
  • The topic ‘V3.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.354 seconds