dcsimg

V23.0 GOT☼_☼ ¿WEATHER? #man it’s getting cold☺

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 628 total)
  • Author
    MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

First snowfall that is sticking to the ground, about 2 weeks early this year. This was from earlier this morning – now up to about 3″ and still falling.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Attachments:

First snowfall that is sticking to the ground, about 2 weeks early this year. This was from earlier this morning – now up to about 3″ and still falling.

😯😯😩Snoooooo I don’t like this post lol
    Yeah I think they said it will be earlier this year if I recall ,

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

All I want is 2 good days of moving weather at the end of the week….3 more sleeps in this home.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

MTRoads
    Pro

All I want is 2 good days of moving weather at the end of the week….3 more sleeps in this home.

JDO,
    Getting anxious to get to the new place and start with the ‘upgrades’?

Stan

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hope it all works out JDO and you can get started fixing the place up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Getting anxious to get to the new place and start with the ‘upgrades’?

Yes. Sometimes it takes hours of laying in bed for the brain to shut off and get to sleep. To be clear though, we are not going to do much for a while. We want to get the shower installed and bathroom/laundry functional and then just live with the place for a while before we jump into anything too radical. There are “musts” and “wants” that we have to prioritize.
    Thinking hard on making it a B&B. There are 6 large rooms downstairs. Have to do something about bathrooms to make them acceptable to us. Not sure if we want to go 4 rooms with bathrooms, or 2 “suites”. Bathrooms will be expensive enough, these will need macerating pumps as the drain goes up. Cutting the count in half would be cheaper and we could charge more for a suite.

MTRoads
    Pro

Ok, I think mother nature needs to start looking for a new job. Middle of October and the high temp today was 34 degrees F, and snow flurry’s most of the day.
    I’m thinking it is a bit early for that kind of weather.

Stan

Doobie

Last nite we finally went well below freezing. I got all the garden hoses disconnected and drained along with retiring for the season the outdoor spigots late yesterday, and today was tasked to emptying all the pots and planters.

Our Crimson Norway Maple went into overdrive with dropping leaves overnite also. Did a little clean-up on that mulching with the mower a good whack of them. Takes minutes to run thru it with my gas mower. A lot easier than bagging it!

Makes a fine mulchy thatch which I’ll ultimately spread to where I have an area under my summer canopy under that maple that has a lot of sandy soil from an old hugish sandbox the previous homeowners had that I destroyed years ago, but for which all the sand remained and needs this kind of mulch additive to convert back to good substrate for future grass to be laid over top of once that area ceases to be to a seasonally covered work area for my summer project’s work. All part of a master backyard plan of sorts years in the making and still ongoing.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

CRAZY weather!

We have so many storms this year in the Atlantic, the naming system ran out of alphabets and started with using greek alphabets ALPHA, BETA…now we are on ETA.

So hurricane ETA was well south of the USA and heading west into central Mexico. However the forecast model projects that it will make an almost 180, and not continue west, but to head back east and coming to Florida! This is insane!

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Stunning day today. Got to about 12 C and sunny. Wife and I took the dog on a long walk. I have to start remembering the camera. Got it out after the walk and got it ready to go now.

Doobie

We started a nice one week stretch of weather in the high teens here yesterday. Had to go dig back out my shorts I had put away for the season. Ripped out the gardens yesterday and dig a big batch of leaves. It was a perfect day for it.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

We are now officially under hurricane warning instead of TS warning.

This is just insane that this storm’s path is such that makes preparation impossible. It was just a weak tropical storm passing way south of us heading west.

So far it’s path is a total zigzag. It went west, past florida into central Mexico, then turned north and east to head for us, but expecting to make another western turn sort of like bouncing off florida into the gulf.

I have never seen a storm with a path like this.

and this does not end, we are told once it “skirts” past us, we will be under another hurricane warning, from the same storm, after it possibly strengthens in the gulf’s warm water, because it will do another 180 towards us for a second time!!!

MTRoads
    Pro

Had plans on working in the shop today, but with a projected high temp of 29F – I decided that I didn’t need to be feeding the woodstove all day.

Stan

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have never seen a storm with a path like this.

That is some insane track. Usually that far south they just continue west and do not impact the US. Really weird.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Unbelievable weather here in the north. It’s been sunny and warm. Supposed to get to 18 C (about 66 F) today.

Unbelievable weather here in the north. It’s been sunny and warm. Supposed to get to 18 C (about 66 F) today.

I know , it’s been amazing , I was hanging up my Christmas lights on the gutter in a t -shirt 🤷‍♂️
    Actually worked in and outside all weekend in a t -shirt , incredible weather ,

Doobie

I know , it’s been amazing , I was hanging up my Christmas lights on the gutter in a t -shirt 🤷‍♂️

I’ve been working in my shorts outside for the last 4 days and expect that continue for most of this week. It’s great!

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I’ve been working in my shorts outside for the last 4 days and expect that continue for most of this week. It’s great!

We had some temps drop into the 30’s and one night dropped into the 20’s then back up to 60’s. Those cold days finished off our tomato plants. If it wasn’t for how productive they were all season I would be angry…. easily a 100 tomatoes still on the vines. Yesterday I knocked them all off , pulled and broke up the vines

Attachments:
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It got up 20C here today. It is unbelievable weather forsure.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Had rain and sleet here earlier this week. While probably normal, I could have used a couple of more weeks of decent weather to get things ground for winter.

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 628 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.960 seconds