dcsimg

V23.0 GOT☼_☼ ¿WEATHER? #man it’s getting cold☺

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 644 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

You guys up north have no idea what hot and humid really is. When the humidity is 200% and you are breathing in air that feels like molasses…that’s humid lol.

I’ve been to Florida in the summer a few times in my life, and not for hangin’ out in an airport for a connecting flight, but weeks at a time. Trust me, it gets yucky here too around the Great Lakes in the summer. Our extremes are not as bad as yours, but not far off either.

July was a steady brutal one here this summer. Only afew days of relief in all. Broke all sorts of records. Didn’t have to cut my grass due to lack of rain for six weeks all thru July.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NC still cooling down, temps in the low 80s, humid, cloudy with more afternoon rain.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Another beautiful day here today , great for spending outside doing yard work

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Thunder storms in the early to mid morning. The dog was not happy. Cooled things off a bit though. Made it nicer for cleaning day. We have another house viewing coming in today.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

July was a steady brutal one here this summer. Only afew days of relief in all. Broke all sorts of records. Didn’t have to cut my grass due to lack of rain for six weeks all thru July.

Yes it was looking forward to September & October weather.

Thunderstorms and rain today. With water restriction in effect since the dry spelled in July. With more rain in the forecast this week. Maybe the water restrictions will be lifted.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Fortunately we had 3 days in the 70’s for our camping trip – today (and the rest of this week) – back into the low to mid 90’s.
    Come on autumn.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

We have another house viewing coming in today.

Well I guess that is good your viewing. Is this someone first time viewing your place?

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NC warming back up. Temps back in the upper 80s but still that darn afternoon rain.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Is this someone first time viewing your place?

Yes, I think it’s another first timer.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Is this someone first time viewing your place?

Yes, I think it’s another first timer.

I see! So the ones that you over heard saying what they want do to the place never put a offer in on your place?

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NC temps in the upper 80s, a bit more sun today but they are still predicting afternoon rain. We have strong showers going on now.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Payin a price for letting the lawn go yellow thru July’s drought period of rain this year. Lawn came back with rains in August, but in letting it go yellow/dormant, we’ve got chinch bugs for which I’m told there is no chemical remedies allowed here to treat them in Canada any longer.

Just told to keep it watered, fertilized, and aereate to help keep them under control, which have all been done this past week by our lawn service company.

Seems chinch bugs were introduced here from abroad. Likely just another example of why were not allowed to bring fresh plants and foods in our luggage. Aaaargh! 😬

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I see! So the ones that you over heard saying what they want do to the place never put a offer in on your place?

Realtor has informed us that they are looking at their finances right now so they still may be in the picture.

Payin a price for letting the lawn go yellow thru July’s drought period of rain this year. Lawn came back with rains in August, but in letting it go yellow/dormant, we’ve got chinch bugs for which I’m told there is no chemical remedies allowed here to treat them in Canada any longer.

Just told to keep it watered, fertilized, and aereate to help keep them under control, which have all been done this past week by our lawn service company.

Seems chinch bugs were introduced here from abroad. Likely just another example of why were not allowed to bring fresh plants and foods in our luggage. Aaaargh! 😬

Yeah I know , my lawn was doing great prior to our city putting water restrictions on , they just lifted them over a week ago , now my lawn looks like my head , bare patches here and there lol , actually the lawn care company is coming to spray apparently a bio safe product that is environmentally friendly to get rid of those little buggers 🤷‍♂️

Doobie

Yeah I know , my lawn was doing great prior to our city putting water restrictions on , they just lifted them over a week ago , now my lawn looks like my head , bare patches here and there lol , actually the lawn care company is coming to spray apparently a bio safe product that is environmentally friendly to get rid of those little buggers 🤷‍♂️

See if you can find out what it’s called and whether it works against chinch bugs. If they say nematodes, beware.

Coincidentally, my lawn service, using a third party tele-marketer, had called me a week and a half ago suggesting for $107 getting an application of nematodes to rid of a variety of pests. They rhymed off that it would work against Japanese Beetles, grub larvae, and also the Chinch bugs which at the time of that call I didn’t know I had. I declined as I know the grubs are not bad here and didn’t even know what a Japanese Beetle looked like, but I’ve since seen some in my pool since. They are a little larger and look much like a Lady Bug with a copper coloured back.

When the service guy was here a few days later for a seed and fertilizer application, he told me he could see the effects of what was likely the Chinch Bugs. Sure enough, he dug around one of the small bare patches they cause and showed me a couple of them, but he said that the nematodes do not do squat against them, they only work against the Japanese Beetles and Grubs. I even confirmed what he said about that with my own rsearch online.

I’ve used nematodes years ago myself to kill off the generation of grubs that were evident infested in my lawns with racoon and skunk divots everywhere. With a nematode application, you need to keep the lawn/ground moist for about two weeks or else the nematodes die and don’t infest into their host pests they can kill.

The divots will continue for the season as the animals eat up the dead grubs, but the following year, the divots should stop if the prior year’s nematode application was properly done.

I can tell here if it’s a bad year for grubs with divots of course, or even about to be one the following year possibly when I see a ton of them in my pool skimmer for weeks on end of June bugs which is what those grubs turn into once mature and are in their mating cycle.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Finally cooling down a little. This was the hottest year that I can remember, AC was in overdrive!

A Working Pro since 2004

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Back to the low to mid 90’s for the rest of this week. I am very ready for the highs in the 60’s.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

See if you can find out what it’s called and whether it works against chinch bugs. If they say nematodes, beware.

Coincidentally, my lawn service, using a third party tele-marketer, had called me a week and a half ago suggesting for $107 getting an application of nematodes to rid of a variety of pests. They rhymed off that it would work against Japanese Beetles, grub larvae, and also the Chinch bugs which at the time of that call I didn’t know I had. I declined as I know the grubs are not bad here and didn’t even know what a Japanese Beetle looked like, but I’ve since seen some in my pool since. They are a little larger and look much like a Lady Bug with a copper coloured back.

When the service guy was here a few days later for a seed and fertilizer application, he told me he could see the effects of what was likely the Chinch Bugs. Sure enough, he dug around one of the small bare patches they cause and showed me a couple of them, but he said that the nematodes do not do squat against them, they only work against the Japanese Beetles and Grubs. I even confirmed what he said about that with my own rsearch online.

I’ve used nematodes years ago myself to kill off the generation of grubs that were evident infested in my lawns with racoon and skunk divots everywhere. With a nematode application, you need to keep the lawn/ground moist for about two weeks or else the nematodes die and don’t infest into their host pests they can kill.

The divots will continue for the season as the animals eat up the dead grubs, but the following year, the divots should stop if the prior year’s nematode application was properly done.

I can tell here if it’s a bad year for grubs with divots of course, or even about to be one the following year possibly when I see a ton of them in my pool skimmer for weeks on end of June bugs which is what those grubs turn into once mature and are in their mating cycle.

Yeah I know , they actually sprayed for grubs and they do it when they are calling for rain , and this year and last year , I found it strange that they came on a rainy day , but today was on and off , and it really stipulates for chinch bugs , in French it’s punaise I believe , I will try to find out what it is actually that they apply

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NC August has been cool and rainy. Temps again only in the mid 80s, cloudy with afternoon thunderstorms around. Hard to plan outdoor activities.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NC temps in the mid 80s with that ever present chance of rain. Man tough to plan for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 644 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.776 seconds