dcsimg

V23.0 GOT☼_☼ ¿WEATHER? #man it’s getting cold☺

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 628 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

More than 4″ of snow fell overnight. I spent all morning blowing driveways and the paths around the house so the dog can walk around and I can get to the firewood. I am feeling it now. I may need a nap or something…lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NC temps in the upper 70s but cloudy and lots of rain.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

More than 4″ of snow fell overnight. I spent all morning blowing driveways and the paths around the house so the dog can walk around and I can get to the firewood. I am feeling it now. I may need a nap or something…lol.

You know something Jim , I’m seriously considering getting a snow blower , I just can’t keep up with the cleaning up a path for the dogs to run around outside in the back.

We had a fair amount of snow since Thursday , and supposed to get more mid week , is it April yet LoL

At least the days are getting longer

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NC very cloudy with temps in the upper 50s.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

You know something Jim , I’m seriously considering getting a snow blower , I just can’t keep up with the cleaning up a path for the dogs to run around outside in the back.

We had a fair amount of snow since Thursday , and supposed to get more mid week , is it April yet LoL

At least the days are getting longer

If it’s just for pathways mostly or confined areas where a biggee two stage would be difficult to navigate, consider a decent single stage blower.

I went that route after initially thinking only a big honkin two stage blower would do. The rep at Honda really helped me make the right decision to go single stage. You can still deal with a foot of snow, but they are a lot more nimble to move around.

And yes, a good single stage unit can toss slush quite well when needed. Better than what I see my neighbors do with their two stage units and all their issues in navigating. A single stage is ideal for doing long straight stretches mostly and be willing to shovel what it is a PITA to get at that a two stage has difficulty navigating into. A single stage gets almost everywhere you need it to. FWIW.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I’m seriously considering getting a snow blower ,

I have a pretty big machine. A Murray 28″ I bought used. It does a decent job but is a bit unweildy. I also have access to a 24″ Deere which throws pretty good too. I find the Deere has pretty stiff levers that engage the auger and wheel drive, but it moves snow pretty good.

If I were to look at a new one I would bite the bullet and spend on a good one. Honda and Husqvarna would be on the short list. I would go for about 12″ and I would like features like having it “steerable” with hand levers. A hydrostatic transmission would be nice too. I would stay away from “big box” stores on this. Cub Cadet I wouldn’t go near. Despite what the Tools in Action guys say (is there anything they don’t reccommend?). I would avoid Morepower (Powermore?) engines or any of the Chinese made engines too. One of the reasons Honda would be on my list is just for their engines.

I would even consider a tracked model instead of one with wheels, but that wouldn’t be a must have. I am not totally convinced on 3 stage blowers but I need a 2 stage for sure. I would also look for a model that lacks plastic. More metal means more gooder to me….lol.

Frills like heated hand grips and lights are not that important. I have mitts and the sun does still shine. I think they are just adding expense where as I would want the money going into the “meat and potatos” features.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

@JimDaddyO thanks Jim
    Yeah I definitely don’t want or need anything huge , I was actually thinking about that Ego cordless , my friend at work has the greenworks 80 volt model , he swears by it also I was talking to someone else who has the same greenworks and also had nothing but good things to say about it ,
    My primary reason for this is just to make a trail for the little dogs instead of shoveling ,
    I’ll have to check out the 12 inch model you mentioned. And like you , I really don’t need all those bells and whistles , less is more 🙄🤔
    It will just be gooder than shoveling lol

You always have great little one lines

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NC rain with temps in the upper 40s.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NC temps in the low 40s, lots of rain, maybe even snow.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

-17 this morning , apparently it’s like -23 with the wind chill ,

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Funny it seems to be discussing snowblowers, have a decent 22″ one here – which has sat in the shop all winter, only getting it out one time and didn’t really need to do it. Could have used a shovel for the amount of snow on the ground.
    Pretty durn strange winter here, very little snow in the valley (although they say the snowpack in the mountains is above normal), and bitter cold temps at times.
    A few more weeks and hopefully I can get in some time with the welder outside the shop and get the deck gate finished up.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Doobie

If I were to look at a new one I would bite the bullet and spend on a good one. Honda and Husqvarna would be on the short list. I would go for about 12″ and I would like features like having it “steerable” with hand levers. A hydrostatic transmission would be nice too. I would stay away from “big box” stores on this. Cub Cadet I wouldn’t go near. Despite what the Tools in Action guys say (is there anything they don’t reccommend?). I would avoid Morepower (Powermore?) engines or any of the Chinese made engines too. One of the reasons Honda would be on my list is just for their engines.

You know more than I ever will as a small engine repair undertaking guy for many we’ve all read over the years, plus you live in a more snow riddled area than I do on the outskirts of Toronto. I concur about the Honda or Husqvarna recommendations entirely. My research I did over the years told me that most BB store blowers, even by respected brand names, are designed to mostly be disposable in a sense or FORD (Fix Or Repair Daily type of units, although I do like Ford nonetheless. That Ford acrononymed monicker always stuck with me, Lol). The bonafide units that will last indeed cost more are typically only available at specialized or independent dealers it seems. The BB stores models are their cheapo line units often made in countries other than their premier units.

I would even consider a tracked model instead of one with wheels

Those units were what I thought I initially wanted. Bigger and beefier is better, right? Well not for me apparently and what I need it to do with greater ease. As I said in a previous post, I ended up with a single stage unit based on the recommendation of the Honda authorized rep at a local landscape/garden machinery center small engine repair place near me. I’m glad. The track unit would likely have been a ‘Beach’ moving around in tight spots versus even a wheeled two stage. The single stage is so easy to swing around. It’s disadvantage in my mind is there are no fingertip controls to move the shoot around. It’s all manual. Then again, I get my driveway and pathways done way faster than my neighbors regardless. Small price to pay.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NC with temps only in the low 40s. Fortunately the snow missed us yesterday.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Friggin cold one this morning -23 on my home thermostat , I have to go outside today and move around some of the oxygen and methane bottles , not looking forward to it , I’ll wait till the sun comes out later this morning.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NC sunny with temps in the low 50s. Not bad.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Okay so yesterday was really cold and today it’s apparently supposed to be in the plus digits around 4 🤷 , I’ll try to clean up the hump infront of the garage doors today.

KenW
    Pro

After reading about y’all having to deal with negative temps and piles of snow.. the 50 and 60 degree weather around TN doesn’t seem all that bad; minus the seeming endless supply of weekly rain showers.

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

it has been wet here of late but was a beautiful day today sunny and in the 50s

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It was a mild day here 3C. It nice to see the snow banks with sunny shining on them. Spring is just around the corner.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NC sunny with temps in the low 60s.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 628 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.708 seconds