dcsimg

V22.0 GOT☼_☼ ¿WEATHER? #man it's getting cold☺

Viewing 20 posts - 781 through 800 (of 864 total)
  • Author
    WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Apparently overall we got 20cm of snow overnight. Not all of it stuck, but it was enough to get the boom truck stuck for over an hour!

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

What do you guys think?

I don’t think you will get representative replies here because:

(1) most of those who post here do not read the thread. They post the weather and jump immediately to the next thread.

(2) most of those who don’t post here hardly visit this thread. I got here due to an unintended click on the wrong spot on my phone. Asking this question here for input is kind of like walking into a group of drug dealers to ask if we should ban drugs. 🤣🤣🤣

I think you can say that about other threads too. I see alot times where someone asks a question. If they would read back post or the answer is right.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NC it has gotten cold. Temps today only in the mid 60s but lots of sun.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

What do you guys think?

Well, most of the folks around here do work in the outdoors, so the weather is a relevent topic. It’s nice to hear that some folks get to work in nice conditions sometimes instead of continuous bad news. At the very least the weather affects the commute to work.

On that note. It was snowing here today and we had thunder too. I don’t think it will stay, but snowy weather is on it’s way. We were wondering if we were going to have a white Christmas this year.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

What do you guys think?

Well, most of the folks around here do work in the outdoors, so the weather is a relevent topic. It’s nice to hear that some folks get to work in nice conditions sometimes instead of continuous bad news. At the very least the weather affects the commute to work.

On that note. It was snowing here today and we had thunder too. I don’t think it will stay, but snowy weather is on it’s way. We were wondering if we were going to have a white Christmas this year.

I agree! The weather plays a important part in peoples lives. It seems to be the way to start a conversation with a stranger at the grocery store or hardware store.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NC yep Fall is definitely here. Only going to be in the low 60s today with plenty of sun.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I agree! The weather plays a important part in peoples lives. It seems to be the way to start a conversation with a stranger at the grocery store or hardware store.

I think what’s “important in people’s lives” and “what’s relevant content in a construction tool forum” are not the same. Something not relevant does not mean it’s not important to some people’s lives.

If we wish to include all facets of discussions that’s important in people’s lives, we should definitely add threads like “what’s did you buy at the grocery store today?”, “what’s left in your refrigerator today?”, “what is your bank balance today?” and “what bills did you receive in the mail today?” and if things we say to start conversations at grocery stores are good for here then we should definitely have “how about them dolphins/patriots/eagles/rams/cubs/bears/lakers/celtics last night huh?”, “do you read these tabloids?” and “I see you have beets would you share you recipes with me?” threads, plus music too…oh wait, we do it’s called the juke box.

Not meant to offend, just having some fun with a counter argument.

redwood
    Pro

I loved it Miami and it is relevant. On the flip side, I love getting that North Carolina weather forecast every morning.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

If it rains for 10 day I don’t work or have to greatly Modify my work program.
    On another note this place is like a bar, you stick your head in if you no like just move on to the next one.
    Half the threads he could be closed down because someone doesn’t like it,, Garden hoses?? Leaf blowers??? Is this BeTheGardaner??
    Why open the weather thread if you don’t like it??????????
    Just to rag on your fellow man. I thought we got past that when Jim told me this place was for every body.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

If we wish to include all facets of discussions that’s important in people’s lives, we should definitely add threads like “what’s did you buy at the grocery store today?

See this is the difference between a DIY guy and a person that wakes up every morning at 4:50am and packs a lunch and goes out to work with a truck full of tools. For him the weather is the most important thing!! Will he have to fight traffic for 50 minuets get to the site just to turn around and go home with 0.00$$$ pay? Hey my kids gotta eat too. My roofer friend a member here who never post, was just hit with this,this is her Neighborhood……https://youtu.be/t3_Mw6mTl0o

Dirty

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

On another note this place is like a bar, you stick your head in if you no like just move on to the next one.
    Half the threads he could be closed down because someone doesn’t like it,, Garden hoses?? Leaf blowers??? Is this BeTheGardaner??
    Just to rag on your fellow man. I thought we got past that when Jim told me this place was for every body.

It sure does seem like members want rag on your fellow man. now days.

If we wish to include all facets of discussions that’s important in people’s lives, we should definitely add threads like “what’s did you buy at the grocery store today?

See this is the difference between a DIY guy and a person that wakes up every morning at 4:50am and packs a lunch and goes out to work with a truck full of tools. For him the weather is the most important thing!! Will he have to fight traffic for 50 minuets get to the site just to turn around and go home with 0.00$$$ pay? Hey my kids gotta eat too. My roofer friend a member here who never post, was just hit with this,this is her Neighborhood……https://youtu.be/t3_Mw6mTl0o

I agree!
    In 2013 I only worked 12 days in the month of June. There was alot of rain and I wasn’t too happy. As this all happen after taking 7 days off to fly home to see my family.

Greg

I have to agree with you about that ,
    They have plenty of threads in here I don’t comment on or visit , just nothing to add , or interesting to see , and some I have no experience in the field to comment about , lots of threads I’m lurking in the background just taking in the tips and tricks.

Plus it is interesting to see how the weather is in other places or provinces

I’m a diyer and manufacturing shop floor worker , I pack my lunch and leave early , yes the weather does make a difference in my life /work

I’m not complaining about shutting down other threads

I’ll agree with DWB on this don’t like what you see and read click on the next thread.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NC a little better weather today sunny temps in the upper 60s.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NC temps a bit warmer in the low 70s but cloudy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NC beautiful day sunny temps in the upper 60s.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Looks like winter has sat in here,, over cast all day and huge surf pounding the north shore. Looks like one more swell to hit the south shore for the end of summer.

Dirty

It was a cool sunny morning. Got a bunch of running around done and as we were out the sky started turning grey. Now the snow is falling. Big gentle flakes. The lawn is covered in a layer of white right now. I still haven’t swapped spots for the mower and snow thrower yet, or serviced the thrower for the winter. I gotta get my butt in gear, I’ve been so lazy lately. Complete lack of energy.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It was a cool sunny morning. Got a bunch of running around done and as we were out the sky started turning grey. Now the snow is falling. Big gentle flakes. The lawn is covered in a layer of white right now. I still haven’t swapped spots for the mower and snow thrower yet, or serviced the thrower for the winter. I gotta get my butt in gear, I’ve been so lazy lately. Complete lack of energy.

I really hope the snow stays your way Jim. As need to put the winter tires on the van for my wife. I also have a few outdoor jobs to do before the snow flies here.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NC sunny temps in the low 70s. Very nice day for early November.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Do I have to say anything?

Attachments:

Viewing 20 posts - 781 through 800 (of 864 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.984 seconds