dcsimg

V2.0 CRITTERS AROUND THE JOB SITE

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 831 total)
  • Author
    Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

That I didn’t know , where is this available , I’d definitely be interested in finding out more.

I don’t remember where I saw it. I came across it looking up solutions to deter the rodents. Mothballs seems to help keep them away but pure essence of peppermint oil is the best from what I read. All the auto makers have been going to soy based plastics. and of course they all deny that is the reason for all the rodent damage. They claim all rodents constantly need to chew because their teeth continuously grow. That’s true, they been chewing up things since the begining of time, however, complete destruction of underhood wire harness is only been common since the addition of soy based products. Lawsuits against automakers have all been decided in favor of the automakers, but Honda actually sells a rodent “tape” to wrap wires, tubing, hoses that is treated with capsaicin. Go figure

That I didn’t know , where is this available , I’d definitely be interested in finding out more.

I don’t remember where I saw it. I came across it looking up solutions to deter the rodents. Mothballs seems to help keep them away but pure essence of peppermint oil is the best from what I read. All the auto makers have been going to soy based plastics. and of course they all deny that is the reason for all the rodent damage. They claim all rodents constantly need to chew because their teeth continuously grow. That’s true, they been chewing up things since the begining of time, however, complete destruction of underhood wire harness is only been common since the addition of soy based products. Lawsuits against automakers have all been decided in favor of the automakers, but Honda actually sells a rodent “tape” to wrap wires, tubing, hoses that is treated with capsaicin. Go figure

Wow , that’s very interesting , I knew about the soya base in plastic for automakers , but never knew that other information , especially about the lawsuits , and I had no idea that Honda was selling that special tape , I definitely will Google what you said about the tape
    I’ll have to remember that about the moth balls and peppermint oil , apparently it is great for many uses peppermint oil that is.

Thanks 🍻

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I used mothballs to keep deer away from eating vegetables in garden before. I would spread mothballs a few feet around the perimeter of the garden. I would have to do this every week.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I would spread mothballs a few feet around the perimeter of the garden. I would have to do this every week.

Don’t do that ! Unless you put them in a container so they can’t leech into the soil

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I would spread mothballs a few feet around the perimeter of the garden. I would have to do this every week.

Don’t do that ! Unless you put them in a container so they can’t leech into the soil

I didn’t put them in container. It would have been alot better putting them in container. I tried it a few times. After about week the deer were back eating the garden. I only had the garden in this location as was more work then was worth.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Yeah that’s a pretty good idea , definitely don’t want those leaching into the soil.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

but Honda actually sells a rodent “tape” to wrap wires, tubing, hoses that is treated with capsaicin. Go figure

Thank you for the info on the Honda tape, I’ll have to look into that.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m sure you guys remember when I posted about rodents chewing up the injector harness in my wife’s brand new Rav4 earlier this year. Well, the little critters have taken a liking to my neighbors 2019 Tundra. They really did a number on it to the tune of $3400. !!!!

LoL I am thinking about you today , I brought my car inside to test the altinator and battery , also clean up the battery posts lol what do I see sitting up in the engine lol , I guess someone was eating in the warm lol , I don’t mind , as long as they don’t chew on my wires or hoses lmao

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I’m sure you guys remember when I posted about rodents chewing up the injector harness in my wife’s brand new Rav4 earlier this year. Well, the little critters have taken a liking to my neighbors 2019 Tundra. They really did a number on it to the tune of $3400. !!!!

LoL I am thinking about you today , I brought my car inside to test the altinator and battery , also clean up the battery posts lol what do I see sitting up in the engine lol , I guess someone was eating in the warm lol , I don’t mind , as long as they don’t chew on my wires or hoses lmao

Time to put some mothballs and peppermint oil around. Oh, the neighbor with the 2019 Tundra told my wife when he had it in for the replacement harness they found more chewed up…. pushed his bill up close to 5G

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

the neighbor with the 2019 Tundra told my wife when he had it in for the replacement harness they found more chewed up…. pushed his bill up close to 5G

Man that’s pricey. Worth it to try and put something out to repel them.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Time to put some mothballs and peppermint oil around. Oh, the neighbor with the 2019 Tundra told my wife when he had it in for the replacement harness they found more chewed up…. pushed his bill up close to 5G

🥺🥺😱 Yeah I better try that. Those moth balls , just in one of those little bags of mesh ? And what or how do I do that peppermint oil ?
    I’ll go buy some today.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

the neighbor with the 2019 Tundra told my wife when he had it in for the replacement harness they found more chewed up…. pushed his bill up close to 5G

Man that’s pricey. Worth it to try and put something out to repel them.

He sets traps and gets a few mice just about everyday in his garage. Odd thing is he parks the Tundra in the garage right next to his Chevy van and they haven’t touched the Chevy. Maybe the van doesn’t have the soy stuff in it ??

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Yeah I better try that. Those moth balls , just in one of those little bags of mesh ? And what or how do I do that peppermint oil ?

My wife sewed up some small pouches that will hold 4-5 mothballs. I punched a small hole in the top of them and zip tied 5 pouches around the perimeter of the engine compartment. They last 6-8 months before we add more mothballs
    Make sure you get the mentha peperita. The other oil ( made from cornmint) isn’t as strong/pure and doesn’t last long. You can drip some around where ever you want and you can also mix some with water in a spray bottle and mist everything. The commercial mint sprays are around 1 % oil so mix your own stronger.

Yeah I better try that. Those moth balls , just in one of those little bags of mesh ? And what or how do I do that peppermint oil ?

My wife sewed up some small pouches that will hold 4-5 mothballs. I punched a small hole in the top of them and zip tied 5 pouches around the perimeter of the engine compartment. They last 6-8 months before we add more mothballs

Make sure you get the mentha peperita. The other oil ( made from cornmint) isn’t as strong/pure and doesn’t last long. You can drip some around where ever you want and you can also mix some with water in a spray bottle and mist everything. The commercial mint sprays are around 1 % oil so mix your own stronger.

Okay , thanks for the info , I’ll be heading out soon.

Hahaha what a morning lol , I got woken up by our daughter screaming 😱😱 daddy a mouse lmao , she went into the laundry room to feed the cats , and a friggin mouse was in the cat food bag lol ,
    Then as the mouse fell out of the cup from the bag 🤷‍♂️ our dumb cat was ju watching it as it was around the cat bowl , then it took off under the dryer 🥺 , so after trying to find it upstairs , I 🤷‍♂️ I pulled out the dryer and then the washing machine lol , good thing I had the central vacuum cleaner out , as I tilted up the washing machine , what appeared to be a little ball of dust LMFAO was the mouse , as it took off , I caught it with the central vacuum cleaner lol , my daughter actually heard it passing through the pipes lol , anyway , we finally or I should say I finally got rid of him ,

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Maybe the van doesn’t have the soy stuff in it ??

No sir.
    What he has in there it’s the rare breed called patriotic mice. Everybody knows they eat only european and japanese stuff. 😀
    Foreign that is.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Critters that are very lucky that they are a protected species –> woodpeckers that are trying to drill holes into the eaves of the house.
    We are now up to 3 owl’s around the house, which is the only thing that has been successful in keeping the woodpeckers away from the house.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Clev08
    Pro

The last time I was at my parents house helping them replace some siding the neighbors cat came to watch. When I went over to pet it he ran into the wood pile, if you look closely you can see one of his green eyes.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Backed out of a rental building where I have been doing some turnover, and suddenly I heard this “BUMP BUMP”…sounded like I crushed a bottle or something with my tires.

Stopped and got out to look. HOLY CRAB I drove over a crab and totally crushed it’s body.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Stopped and got out to look. HOLY CRAB I drove over a crab and totally crushed it’s body.

Really did a number on it. Is the property near the beach?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 831 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.921 seconds