dcsimg

V2.0 CRITTERS AROUND THE JOB SITE

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 721 total)
  • Author

Almost bumped into this large spider, about 3.5″ long.

After I woke up from passing out lol or soiling my shorts lol
    I assume it’s poisonous ?

Sad to see that little duckling in the next post
    That’s the unfortunate that happens when we take over there living space I guess
    So goes the circle of life

Woke up this morning , looking into the pool I closing up for the winter , after I lowered the water , I saw this little guy at the bottom of the pool , scooped it up and placed it on the towel with clean water
    Looks like it’s going to make it
    Will release it out in the forest behind our house later today

Doobie

OLD THREAD WARNING

Can’t believe how far back this thread was buried.

I’ve heard twice now from actual people using this product to ward off ‘squiters as working quite well. The little buggers are just starting to show themselves here where I live.

https://www.thermacell.com/collections/radius/products/radius-zone-mosquito-repellent-gen-2-0

Decided on the Lithium model above, which is on sale right now at CT. Ordered two 40 hour refills also. Ordered online for in-store pick-up.

Hopefully it’ll work better than using the shotgun to kill the little buggers. Lol!

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

<span class=”gdbbx-bbcode-underline” style=”text-decoration: underline;”><strong class=”gdbbx-bbcode-bold”></span>
    <strong class=”gdbbx-bbcode-bold”>

OLD THREAD WARNING

<strong class=”gdbbx-bbcode-bold”>

Can’t believe how far back this thread was buried.

I’ve heard twice now from actual people using this product to ward off ‘squiters as working quite well. The little buggers are just starting to show themselves here where I live.

https://www.thermacell.com/collections/radius/products/radius-zone-mosquito-repellent-gen-2-0

Decided on the Lithium model above, which is on sale right now at CT. Ordered two 40 hour refills also. Ordered online for in-store pick-up.

Hopefully it’ll work better than using the shotgun to kill the little buggers. Lol!

Wow it was buried pretty far back.
    I am interested to hear how you like Thermcell. I have heard they are pretty good. I don’t anybody that has one.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Does it repel the mosquitoes or does it kill them?

Doobie

Does it repel the mosquitoes or does it kill them?

I’m guessing it’s just a deterent. Supposed to be odorless to humans. Range is about 5 yards for that model, but I wonder how effective it is when there’s a bit of a breeze.

Me it’s my hands and feet that can get so itchy if I get too many bites near them that I’ll scratch like fiend my fingers and feet til I bleed. That anti itch ointment stuff does diddly for me.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Me it’s my hands and feet that can get so itchy if I get too many bites near them that I’ll scratch like fiend my fingers and feet til I bleed. That anti itch ointment stuff does diddly for me.

Oh man same here. I have go have a shower. This seems to help with itching. My one daughter is the same way. Other then her bites swell right up.

Greg

Doobie

So today, I’m right in the same plaza complex as the Canadian Tire that I ordered the mosquito thing and a couple of refills and I think to myself that I hadn’t heard back from them via email that my order is ready, so I decided to go in there.

I find the very last unit of the model I selected two days ago online on the shelf, but no refills at all. Ask a stock clerk in that section, and she says all the Thermacell stuff is there on that shelf and no sir, there is no second display of it in the store.

So think to myself, what should I do. I grab the one unit on the shelf and take it to the front customer service desk. The seasoned gal there tells me that they are like up to 5 days behind filling out online pick-up orders, and if someone buys what is the last unit in my hand, and there is none else in stock, they will simply cancel that part of my order. So wisely, I buy that unit because an hour later, I get two emails indicating that both the unit and the refills are being cancelled.

Now I go back online, and find that for the refills, I can order them delivered for $5 rather than drive over half an hour away and then back. My worry is that the online system is wrong about the quantities available which is also what I suspected happened with the online status of the one near me that showed 50 refills available just two days ago.

So I order four of the refills for delivery. Let’s see how that goes. Seeing how bloody incredibly ill-designed and inaccurate their whole website and order fulfillment seems already, I’m really actually expecting this to get screwed up too. After all, this is Canadian Tire. One of the worst, if not the worst, national retailers we have here in Canada. Always an adventure with them!

At least I wisely bought the one in my hand today. While it only comes with a 12 hour starter cartridge in it, maybe it’ll give me an idea of how well this Thermacell gizmo works in that time and I can return the other refills for a refund unopened in the 90 days allowed. Skeeters haven’t really taken off yet, but we’re about to get a good dose of rain for a day and a half starting tonite after being dry for the last week and half and will probably start to get them later this week. There’s only been a few out so far.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

So today, I’m right in the same plaza complex as the Canadian Tire that I ordered the mosquito thing and a couple of refills and I think to myself that I hadn’t heard back from them via email that my order is ready, so I decided to go in there.

I find the very last unit of the model I selected two days ago online on the shelf, but no refills at all. Ask a stock clerk in that section, and she says all the Thermacell stuff is there on that shelf and no sir, there is no second display of it in the store.

So think to myself, what should I do. I grab the one unit on the shelf and take it to the front customer service desk. The seasoned gal there tells me that they are like up to 5 days behind filling out online pick-up orders, and if someone buys what is the last unit in my hand, and there is none else in stock, they will simply cancel that part of my order. So wisely, I buy that unit because an hour later, I get two emails indicating that both the unit and the refills are being cancelled.

Now I go back online, and find that for the refills, I can order them delivered for $5 rather than drive over half an hour away and then back. My worry is that the online system is wrong about the quantities available which is also what I suspected happened with the online status of the one near me that showed 50 refills available just two days ago.

So I order four of the refills for delivery. Let’s see how that goes. Seeing how bloody incredibly ill-designed and inaccurate their whole website and order fulfillment seems already, I’m really actually expecting this to get screwed up too. After all, this is Canadian Tire. One of the worst, if not the worst, national retailers we have here in Canada. Always an adventure with them!

At least I wisely bought the one in my hand today. While it only comes with a 12 hour starter cartridge in it, maybe it’ll give me an idea of how well this Thermacell gizmo works in that time and I can return the other refills for a refund unopened in the 90 days allowed. Skeeters haven’t really taken off yet, but we’re about to get a good dose of rain for a day and a half starting tonite after being dry for the last week and half and will probably start to get them later this week. There’s only been a few out so far.

That is a interesting experience you had getting a Thermoacell. It can always be fun dealing with Canadian Tire.
    Since Covid-19 hit and if I wanted something from Cdn Tire that my local store didn’t have I ordered it online from another store. I had to pay shipping which wasn’t too bad and it saved me a trip to the store.

Greg

Doobie
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON
    Doobie
    MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Anyone else have problems with birds flying into the shop – and then not being able to get out?
    Seems I get a couple in the shop every summer, and invariably it is when I have a project on the work bench that does not really need their ‘bombing run’ additions.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Doobie

Anyone else have problems with birds flying into the shop – and then not being able to get out?

Seems I get a couple in the shop every summer, and invariably it is when I have a project on the work bench that does not really need their ‘bombing run’ additions.

Just insects. Knock on wood!

No , never had any birds in the garage /shop , but have definitely had some in the company plant I work in , feels pretty bad because we really can’t get up to try to chase them out

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

not birds in the shop but ducks in my pool recently.

Doobie

Some years ago, there used to be birds inside the Costco up the street from us. Wonder how they finally got rid of them. It was like that for a couple of years.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

I almost hate to do it, but guess I need to look for a screendoor for the shop. Need to find one with a decent ‘delay’ before closing due to always carrying stuff in and out of the shop.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Doobie

I almost hate to do it, but guess I need to look for a screendoor for the shop. Need to find one with a decent ‘delay’ before closing due to always carrying stuff in and out of the shop.

That bad eh! Wifey should know that man caves are sacred.

😉

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 721 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.092 seconds