dcsimg

V2.0 CRITTERS AROUND THE JOB SITE

This topic contains 589 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  GTokley 1 day, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 590 total)
  • Author

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Found this poor little guy, I noticed that one of our cats were playing around under some bushes the last couple of days, I peaked in an saw him toying around with the little critter,
    Guess he squeezed a little too hard 🙁
    With all this wet weather, I have seen plenty of garden snakes.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I would rather have the mouse that the snake! EWWWWWWWWW snakes just creep me out!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The chameleons have really been out this year around here. They are everywhere. No bother but kind of neat to see.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The chameleons have really been out this year around here. They are everywhere. No bother but kind of neat to see.

I didn’t know they lived where it gets cold?? We have a lot here to but they like to stay in the forest.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I didn’t know they lived where it gets cold??

To tell you the truth first time I saw them on my porch in the summer it kind of threw me as I didn’t think they lived in places that have winter, but they are here.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro

I didn’t know they lived where it gets cold?? We have a lot here to but they like to stay in the forest.

Neither did I. Ugly things, but pretty at the same time. The closest we get to something like that here are salamanders which are rare to see in themselves.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Yes I have a groundhog or I call a woodchuck who has been staying under my shed all summer. He has been eating my plants in our garden. I manage to get catch him in live trap the other day. I moved him to the outskirts of the village. I have had skunks here in the past.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Doobie
    Pro

Yes I have a groundhog or I call a woodchuck who has been staying under my shed all summer. He has been eating my plants in our garden. I manage to get catch him in live trap the other day. I moved him to the outskirts of the village. I have had skunks here in the past.

We had some neighbors that used to do that with squirrels and hares around here. Then the town’s animal control people got wind of it and the two neighbors who did this were told to stop as apparently it is a fate worse than death being trapped and relocated to somewhere they are unaccustomed or unsuited to survive in.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

We had some neighbors that used to do that with squirrels and hares around here. Then the town’s animal control people got wind of it and the two neighbors who did this were told to stop as apparently it is a fate worse than death being trapped and relocated to somewhere they are unaccustomed or unsuited to survive in.

Yes I didn’t like doing it that way. I took it some farm land on the edge. I assume it it should be ok as ground hogs do live on farm land. This was the first one i have seen in town in my lifetime. Our town does hire a person to get rid nuisance animals. But the home owner pays him.

Greg

Found this poor little guy, I noticed that one of our cats were playing around under some bushes the last couple of days, I peaked in an saw him toying around with the little critter,

How many snakes you see a year in your garden . I’ve seen two so far this year . One I killed cause I hate snakes plus don’t want my kids bite by accident .

Always willing to learn .

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

How many snakes you see a year in your garden . I’ve seen two so far this year . One I killed cause I hate snakes plus don’t want my kids bite by accident .

Actually this year we have seen about 8 so far, last year we had about a dozen all summer,
    I think the difference between us and your snakes, could be yours might be poisonous? Here the majority are just garden snakes, they give you a small bite, but nothing serious. I think I’ve already mowed about 2 to 3 accidentally

Another one of these the other day, the cats are pretty good hunters, just don’t like the taste lol

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Yes I didn’t like doing it that way. I took it some farm land on the edge. I assume it it should be ok as ground hogs do live on farm land.

You’d get spanked if you got caught transplanting a groundhog to a farm around here. They multiply, destroy crops and burrow where farm animals can step in and break legs.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Yeah I hear you. I know farms don’t like groundhogs as my grandfather was a farmer. I didn’t drop it right a farm. Just near a farm. I know I have dealt with him most of the summer digging holes under my fence & sheds. Also it ruined my one veggie garden.

Greg

This frog climbed up about 10 feet up the vinyl siding wall . Never seen a frog climb like this before .

Attachments:

Doobie
    Pro

Yeah I hear you. I know farms don’t like groundhogs as my grandfather was a farmer. I didn’t drop it right a farm. Just near a farm. I know I have dealt with him most of the summer digging holes under my fence & sheds. Also it ruined my one veggie garden.

I learned to use a 22 rifle when I was a kid stayin on my uncle’s dairy farm some summers with his blessing aiming for groud hogs. You can lose a good income producing cow if it steps into one of their holes. Cows have very poor eyesight and are pretty dumb but are loveable beasts imo.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I learned to use a 22 rifle when I was a kid stayin on my uncle’s dairy farm some summers with his blessing aiming for groud hogs. You can lose a good income producing cow if it steps into one of their holes. Cows have very poor eyesight and are pretty dumb but are loveable beasts imo.

My Dad taught me how to use 22 rifle. We would go to my Grandparent’s farm to try get rid of the groundhogs. There really wasn’t many groundhog hog holes in the pasture field. They choose to dig in the hay fields. You can break a piece of a equipment running over a groundhog holes. I have been on hay wagon when we ran over a groundhog hole. Not fun almost tip the load of hay off.

Cows are interesting animals. I worked for Dairy farmer one summer. This one time I was bringing the cows up from pasture for milking when they spotted a groundhog in the barn yard. A bunch of cows killed the groundhog. I had hard time getting them to the barn for milking. My friend & the farmer had to come out and help get the cows up and into the barn. When the cows were let out after they were milked they went right to the spot where they killed the groundhog.

Greg

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

This frog climbed up about 10 feet up the vinyl siding wall . Never seen a frog climb like this before .

That’s a tree frog. They climb all the time.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

No pictures, but I just cleaned my skimmer, a tiny frog and a little mouse, both doing the backstroke lol

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Saw this nasty bug on my bag upside down and looked like a crayfish or something. On further inspection is was a Cacada bug that was emerging from it’s last shell. Really grossed me out lol. Glad I saw it before I put my bag on.

Sorry no pics

A Working Pro since 2004

That’s a tree frog. They climb all the time.

Cool deal thanks for telling me . I didn’t now what it was . I’ve seen a few different color’s and type around this year so far .

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 590 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.739 seconds