dcsimg

V2.0 CRITTERS AROUND THE JOB SITE

This topic contains 64 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  GTokley 2 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 65 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

When on the job site we run into some dangerous critters. It’s a safety hazard. I slapped this yellow jacket!
    here’s the old thread,,,http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/critters-around-the-jobsite/#post-597569

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Easton, Pa

Not a dangerous critter, just a cute little kitten

Cute! Had one of those run right between my legs the other day while I put out the trash. Gave me a good scare (surprise) then a second one when I saw the stripe

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Shew I can smell that thing all the way over here this morning. Well maybe a distant cousin.
    They are supposed to be great pets once the scent bag is removed.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Easton, Pa

I can smell that thing all the way over here this morning

I think they have to be around 4 months old before they can spray and this one looks real young to me. Either that or I got lucky ’cause I “played” with the little stinker for about 45 mins. ** keeping an eye over my shoulder for Mom the entire time**

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I can smell that thing all the way over here this morning

I think they have to be around 4 months old before they can spray and this one looks real young to me. Either that or I got lucky ’cause I “played” with the little stinker for about 45 mins. ** keeping an eye over my shoulder for Mom the entire time**

Lol that’s cool,
    What happened to the little one,did the mom come get her.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I’ve seen a raccoon.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Careful getting close to them. They’re blind like bats and until you move or make a noise they don’t even realize you are there. A lot of people think they are friendly when they come close and if they suddenly realize you are there and if they feel cornered, you will get sprayed.

Kevin.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Easton, Pa

I have no idea if Mom ever showed up or where the little guy went. I just let it be and figured it would find it’s way or Mom would come looking

Careful getting close to them

Oh, I’m well aware… I’ve been around and close to skunks alot….. wish you could let my dog know this. He got it 3 times last year and not sure if he learned yet.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I have no idea if Mom ever showed up or where the little guy went. I just let it be and figured it would find it’s way or Mom would come looking

Oh, I’m well aware… I’ve been around and close to skunks alot….. wish you could let my dog know this. He got it 3 times last year and not sure if he learned yet.

Yeah you’re probably right, nature has a way to figure it self out. Still a very cute little one.

hopefully the little one found her mom. I never encountered an adult version or baby. But I would be ok with it if they stay on distance 😀

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s playing with fire right there. I stay far away from skunks.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Not sure if a dog ever learns. lol Mine get hit at least once a year.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Not around the jobsite, was just cleaning out the bottom of the pool before I put the vacuum in lol
    Poor little guy, guess he drowned

Not around the jobsite, was just cleaning out the bottom of the pool before I put the vacuum in lol

I assume it’s a spider right? do you know the name?
    Here it’s the time of the year again where the snakes come out – curious what I’ll see this year.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

How big was he? He looks huge!!! 😨

Kevin.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I assume it’s a spider right? do you know the name?
    Here it’s the time of the year again where the snakes come out – curious what I’ll see this year.

Yeah, it’s a spider. Don’t think it’s poisonous, but probably could give a nice bite.
    I think they are called dock or wolf spiders, found around pools and docks, we have a forest behind, so I’m constantly finding spiders, frogs, snakes and other little rodents

But most here in Quebec are not poisonous like you guys have out their.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Easton, Pa

Not sure if a dog ever learns. lol Mine get hit at least once a year.

UPDATE The next day the little guy showed up with a brother/sister , don’t know which and I didn’t check. 2 days later my dog being a retriever, fetched one of them for me ! That was bath #1. 2 days later he got sprayed, either by Mom or the little one/brother/sister. Bath #2. Few days later he encountered little one/brother/sister again, only this time he froze up 6ft away. He looked at me, back at the skunk, and just bolted past the skunk. I swear it was like watching in slow motion… The skunk spun around, tail up and I could actually see the spray. The dog didn’t take a direct hit…. but he got bath #3 anyway. Seems like he may have learned… I hope. About a week later the little one/brother/sister was laying around out in the open during the day… it didn’t look well. The dog had a look-see but backed off. I haven’t seen any skunks since

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That stinks.
    I assume there was a few choice words with all those baths! ha ha
    I think I would try getting rid of the skunks but it seems your dog may have learned.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I’ve got a skunk that just made it’s home under my 10X20 shed on piers I’ve been building. I was wondering what animal was pooping beside it in a back corner outside the shed. Last week, I saw it come out and take a dump.

Other than the poop, it’s been OK so far. But I still would like to get rid of him/her. Any suggestions?

I read they don’t like light. I was thinking of maybe shoving a couple of light temporarily under the shed.

No, we can’t shoot things around here if anybody wants to suggest that.

Funny thing is, I almost killed it coming home late one nite about a month ago. Pretty sure it was him/her. Just as I was approaching my driveway, it darted out in front of me and I hit the brakes surely saving the little bugger. Car got sprayed and stunk for a couple of weeks, but nothing intolerable. Now I almost wish I didn’t have such quick reflexes, but killing things ain’t my thing generally. I don’t even like killing spiders and I really hate them, but if they’re in my house and not payin rent, they’re toast! Lol!

Kevin.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.829 seconds