dcsimg

V19.0 GOT☼_☼ ¿WEATHER? #man it's getting cold☺

This topic contains 1,027 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  GTokley 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,028 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Here’s the new thread,,
    We have massive rain on the Hanalei side Kauai. @Irishred how you hanging over there???

http://www.khon2.com/news/local-news/khon2-surveys-the-damage-from-heavy-flooding-on-kauai/1126298693

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Here’s the new thread,,
    We have massive rain on the Hanalei side Kauai. @Irishred how you hanging over there???

http://www.khon2.com/news/local-news/khon2-surveys-the-damage-from-heavy-flooding-on-kauai/1126298693

I’ve posted about it a few times in the previous thread, to add to those – roadways have washed out in a few areas, we’ve gotten the first sink holes I’ve ever heard of on Kauai, Hanalei bridge lost a piece and is shut down till flown over workers repair it, Haena’s water supply is shut down but there’s PLENTY of rain water to catch, The Pier in Hanalei is gone in some parts as Hanalei river mouth split into two and ran right through it (all house’s near the pier have their foundation completely eroded from the river and are gonna have to be leveled I think), bridges across the island are clogging with dead logs and sticks. As for me personally, I was unaffected but my room mate woke up in the early A.M. to water on his floor coming through the subfloor at the cement slab level I guess?. Me and a group of friends went to Rock n’ Bowl that night which is just bowling at the alley but on Friday and Saturday nights they have disco lights and loud music. The major flooding happened that night/morning, my friend(s) and his girlfriend only got woken up by an 80 ft + Albesia tree snapping near there house, they left immediately and the water was already knee high in their area. They returned the next day and every structure they had on the property was gone, a brand new rock bed surfaced a large section of their property. I’m very thankful for that tree that broke and got them just in the nick of time to get out of there. The Island is in an emergency state and relief donation plat forms are being set up, I’ll help as much as I can. I’m super thankful that I wasn’t effected by the storm and got to go to work today and have a good day of work, my heart is with the people boating around Hanalei helping people that are stranded.

Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% Attitude.

I’m honestly surprised by the lack of replies for Kauai from my posts about it so far, if it’s because I posted passionately about rat control in the critters thread or maybe my attitude in general than I’m sorry to you guys and maybe I don’t quite belong here.

Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% Attitude.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Man is winter ever going to go. Temps this morning in the upper 30s, hight temp today only in the upper 60s. Still seeing lots of snow on the weather map.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Weather here is a little more like winter then i would like. In the past 24 hours weve had ice pellets, freezing rain, snow, and rain. Its just a mess. Thankfully it looks like were about to be rid of the colder weather in the coming days.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Another cold day. cloudy and snow. High around 36.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Cool here this morning at 32°. But we will warm up to about 70° for the high.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Geeze, @dirtywhiteboy that’s bad, hopefully people stay safe,
    This year has been a weird weather system throughout the globe,

Was milder this morning, 2 not going to be much warmer, around 3 today for the high, rain, and rain, and rain

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

More cold weather, -3 this morning with just a little more snow. Winter is just not going away.

https://www.instagram.com/woodiworkshop/

No damage to the house or sheds as far as I could see over at another home here. No one is living there and it’s slated for removal. Still, rain, freezing rain, sleet, ice, and high winds are pretty powerful stuff. It’s snowing again this morning so I won’t be able to get at this clean up for a few days. I am pretty sure it’s some sort of soft maple. Not sure if there will be anything worth milling into lumber for the Roubo, but most of it will keep us warm when it is cut, split and dried.

Attachments:

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Clev08
    Pro

High of 46 today should melt the rest of the snow we got this weekend, just in time for more snow tomorrow.
    @irish_red I wouldn’t read into it too much, not to many people read up on this thread I think. Hope everything gets sorted out soon. Glad your friends are okay.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m honestly surprised by the lack of replies for Kauai from my posts about it so far,

This is the first one I’ve seen.

Dirty

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

More rain today. We should be finished with this weather event by tomorrow. Some of the nastiest weather I’ve seen in years. My roof was leaking yesterday due to gutter buildup with slushy ice water. Had to get up there on the roof and in my attic to deal with it.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

80° on Friday…70° something on Saturday…60° on Sunday…Rain and 50° on Monday…Snow and 30° today…Need I say more?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Housewright Construction

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It snowed alittle this morning and it was nice the rest of the day.

No damage to the house or sheds as far as I could see over at another home here. No one is living there and it’s slated for removal. Still, rain, freezing rain, sleet, ice, and high winds are pretty powerful stuff. It’s snowing again this morning so I won’t be able to get at this clean up for a few days. I am pretty sure it’s some sort of soft maple. Not sure if there will be anything worth milling into lumber for the Roubo, but most of it will keep us warm when it is cut, split and dried.

From what I can tell that tree looks like a Manitoba maple. If I was told it doesn’t make good firewood.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

beautiful day sunny and in the 70s

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

80° on Friday…70° something on Saturday…60° on Sunday…Rain and 50° on Monday…Snow and 30° today…Need I say more?

Man that’s crazy!!!
    it’s nice here, low 70s at night to low 80s daytime, great for work and sleep.

Dirty

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

About the same here Chad, except only flurries today.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Over the weekend we had 45mph wind. temps also dropped down to the low 50s

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Okay, what the, snow this morning, come on already lol
    Was around -3 but had some snow over night,
    The good thing is I hear that by the weekend, should be hitting double digits,
    Hopefully it’s finally over

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,028 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 5.968 seconds