dcsimg

v17-0-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-site-today

Viewing 20 posts - 661 through 680 (of 1,006 total)
  • Author
    roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Wow That is a lot of guys working on one job site @DirtyWhiteBoy .

@RonW
    Are all the boats in the background parked (docked) under a bridge?

@asevereid
    Is there a reason they didn’t stain the T&G before you put it up? Seems like that would have been a lot easier.

Working on the float house. Had a lot of rot on the floor joists under the from side of the house. What a real pain to change out. Have to keep the floats down and in position while swapping out joists. Got that all finished up and started the framing for the addition.

I couldn’t imagine working on a moving boat . Great views for job sites .

It’s different. Hardest part for me is leaving the level in the truck. As nothing is level. Can only try to keep things square and straight. Don’t want to over build anything ether. Adds to much weight then more flotation has to be added.
    The views can be nice at times.

Do they require you use a certain material so it won’t hurt the water .

Always willing to learn .

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

The long fight of recouping shipping damage from Fed-Ex begins.
    This is brand new out of the box and looks like someone took the boots to it.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What work did I do today – nothing – I went to a craft beer festival = awesome.

I went to one sat. evening. 4,000 people drinking as much as they wanted. Good time.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

There are 570 tradesmen on the site.

Wow, that is a huge site. When I worked commercial I think the biggest site I was on had around 125 guys.

Right now if you say you’re a carpenter and join the union you be working in a short time. The union is crying for man power.

Is that a lack of tradesmen or are you guys in a building boom? Or a little of both? Either way it is good for you.

We are booming over here right now.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Would the boom be connected to tourism or it’s a population growth @DirtyWhiteBoy .

Oh that stinks man .

Always willing to learn .

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I never dealt with a shipping company due to a damaged item.
    Hopefully its not such a hassle and they replace it fast.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I think the Canadian mail is rough! lol
    I have never got anything delivered here that was broken.

Just finished nailing the trim work back on my front door.
    Would be nice to have a cordless nailer, good thing my airline is 50 feet long, I could leave my compressor where it was,

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I grabbed my pole/pruning saw and took the blade off, brought it into the shop and gave it a quick sharpen and video’d it. Then did a bit of pruning. Then drove the tractor around a bit and rolled a bit more lawn to get the lumps out. It does not take much to get me to drive a tractor around.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Oh, that does not sound good. Have you had issues with Fed-Ex before? Will the vendor pitch in to help?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Wow someone really beat the crap out of that , That is a real bummer !

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Made a closet put in more hardware

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I went to my brothers house and installed a new dishwasher for him. Not much after that, just a little running around trying to round up some work.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Still working on my crazy porch. Other guys were punching out some small roof areas.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Tried out my new setting jig today; changed the blades in my “new” planer. Man, what a difference! Fast, smooth, full 1/8″ cut in hardwood.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Worked on some baseboard heating today, tomorrow I’ll start working on the water meter spread.

Damn @DirtyWhiteBoy that is a ton of guys on site. With that many guys I could probably walk in site and start working with ya and no one would know…lol!

@smallerstick
    what setting jig did you go with?

Today was all about beams, temp supports, jacks, and then cleanup!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Spent a couple dyas last wek getting the shop back in order after the winter(I never work out there in the winter, just a 150′ extension cord for power and no heat in a tin box isn’t much fun after spending the workweek in the same conditions. Most of the mess was from the puzzles I was planning on making for Christmas back in Nov. I have a fair amount of de-rusting to do as a number of tools got some rust on them laying on the bench(4 planes off the top of my head, as well as the bench vise and drill press upright). I might do an article on it, haven’t decided yet.

I’ve also got the annual Spring Musical at the HS going on, which I do the lighting for every year.

This past weekend, I came down with a nasty stomach bug and became extremely dehydrated. I’ve drank more in the last 3 days than I had in the past 2 weeks just to get the headache and dizziness to go away, which didn’t happen until around lunch today. Took yesterday off and went to see the doctor just to make sure it wasn’t a sinus infection or ear infection, as a co-worker went through 2 courses of antibiotics and all kinds of other stuff fighting off an ear infection a couple weeks back.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

today was a dirty demo day, tearing out plaster and old roxul insulation…. lots of black snot rockets

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Viewing 20 posts - 661 through 680 (of 1,006 total)
  • The topic ‘v17-0-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-site-today’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.159 seconds