dcsimg

V16.0 What did you do in the shop / site today

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 1,007 total)
  • Author
    redwood
    Pro

I had somewhat routine blood tests this morning, sanded my little carving project, and then assembled the new table saw.

Everything okay or yearly blood work for check up .

Well I’m Type 2 diabetic and I’ll have to see the results to see if I need more help.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Doobie

Tomorrow I will start laying the Hardie.

I didn’t know Hardie made flooring.

I am putting down Hardie underlayment.

Does it have any unique qualities about it versus other underlays?

Yeah, it’s cement board for under tiles.

Oh, I get it now. I was thinking for laminate. I didn’t know they made that stuff also.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I wrote many long replies and none were good enough for me to relay how I felt. Of course that is my goal to have my own company but for now I must still earn respect/knowledge/experience from others that can hire me and provide me opportunities in a company they successfully built.

I know that you have a lot to learn, but you also have a lot to teach. I hope that in the near future you can take all that you’ve learned and all of your tools that you’ve earned and start doing things your way. @utopia78 I like to think your the resident concrete/masonry guy around here.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I spend my day in the garage. I put up a couple drywall sheets and started with some electrical work. I want to add 2 switches in the garage.
    No clue why they was just a single pole switch for the garage light.
    I’m going to add a 3-way that I can turn the light on and off from both sides of the doors.

and here something to look at for the pictureholics 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Installed a bunch of graphic panels and an LED fixture for the university I am working at. Good day! Just a few items to clean up in the morning. Might have so e time to kill at the beach before catching our flight!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Got a couple hours in tonight and got the cart up and rolling and started working on the MFT style top. Thinking of changing my plan of L-BOXX storage out for drawers, too much stray ‘stuff’ that I would love to get in a drawer right away.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Good question at @kswiss I wrote many long replies and none were good enough for me to relay how I felt. Of course that is my goal to have my own company but for now I must still earn respect/knowledge/experience from others that can hire me and provide me opportunities in a company they successfully built.

with the quality of work you do, i am sure you can do it. I know you just need to find the niche you want to do and you will be successful.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I spend my day in the garage. I put up a couple drywall sheets and started with some electrical work. I want to add 2 switches in the garage.
    I’m going to add a 3-way that I can turn the light on and off from both sides of the doors.

and here something to look at for the pictureholics

Looking better madman. We do like pics. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

More glass work Today,
    Later today I will go help out the people in another department, to do some assembly work with the glass parts I have made

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I wrote many long replies and none were good enough for me to relay how I felt. Of course that is my goal to have my own company but for now I must still earn respect/knowledge/experience from others that can hire me and provide me opportunities in a company they successfully built.

I know that you have a lot to learn, but you also have a lot to teach. I hope that in the near future you can take all that you’ve learned and all of your tools that you’ve earned and start doing things your way. @utopia78 I like to think your the resident concrete/masonry guy around here.

I dont know utopia78 well but I have followed along some of his daily work and I consider him a resident masonry guy, not sure about concrete but I immediately thought of him with my recent post.

If he is still learning and thinking about going on his own, taking his work serious is half the battle when you go on your own the business end is challenging enough.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Good question at @kswiss I wrote many long replies and none were good enough for me to relay how I felt. Of course that is my goal to have my own company but for now I must still earn respect/knowledge/experience from others that can hire me and provide me opportunities in a company they successfully built.

We are all rootin’ for you and hoping the best for you. You have obviously earned the respect of more than a few people around here. Good Luck!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

FedEx brought me a big pallet…4×10.

Before anyone assumes it’s a new tool, it’s just acoustic sound panels…sorry to disappoint. Unfortunately, the majority of the open space in my shop us now occupied by this damn thing…installing them Sunday.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

FedEx brought me a big pallet…4×10.

Before anyone assumes it’s a new tool, it’s just acoustic sound panels…sorry to disappoint. Unfortunately, the majority of the open space in my shop us now occupied by this damn thing…installing them Sunday.

what job will they be going on , home or commercial work??

Anonymous
    Inactive

Took the day off, for a little trip down to the new Cabelas in Mass with the wife. Never been in own. Really neat.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

and here something to look at for the pictureholics

Looking better madman. We do like pics. lol

Thanks Ron. I’m not the best drywaller but it will look good in the end.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Alex,
    Looking good, starting to get the wall done. Now you will be able to put those new drywall tools to use, soon. LOL
    ThanX for the pic’s

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Chris,
    With your knowledge, You should have no problems whether you get in with another company or start something of your own.
    Rooting for ya either way,.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Took the day off, for a little trip down to the new Cabelas in Mass with the wife. Never been in own. Really neat.

Did you get anything while you there Sparky?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Alex,
    Looking good, starting to get the wall done. Now you will be able to put those new drywall tools to use, soon. LOL
    ThanX for the pic’s

thanks frank. before I can use those new drywall tools I have to get the electric going and put up 2 more sheets.
    but hopefully thats gonna be finished today

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

had to go reframe the pocket door kits i installed last week.. the drawings had the wrong measurements on them.. plans said 32″ doors.. supposed to be 36″ … so it meant getting new pocket door kits.. i had to change the r.o and then put up a new track.. the wrong tracks went in teh box of the new ones and will get used on another job

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 1,007 total)
  • The topic ‘V16.0 What did you do in the shop / site today’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.779 seconds