dcsimg

V16.0 What did you do in the shop / site today

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 1,007 total)
  • Author
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Finished planing the top slab of my fire place mantel build and cutting all of the trim pieces. I assembled as much as I can in the shop prior to fitting it to the wall/corner. I’m hoping to get a coat of stain on it tomorrow and prep for an acoustic panel install coming up this weekend.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Finished planing the top slab of my fire place mantel build and cutting all of the trim pieces. I assembled as much as I can in the shop prior to fitting it to the wall/corner. I’m hoping to get a coat of stain on it tomorrow and prep for an acoustic panel install coming up this weekend.

Lovely profile on that.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

redwood
    Pro

Well let’s see the top Jon. Will you cut the jog onsite?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Looking good Jon. What color will you stain it?

I got the first coat of paint on all but one office today. Hope to get the second one on tomorrow.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

more vinyl siding and siding prep today along with odds and ends the subtrades needed done

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Well let’s see the top Jon. Will you cut the jog onsite?

@Redwood

Here is the top…thought I posted it yesterday! And yes, the plan is to rough cut the slab and route the outer most edges in the shop then finish the scribe on site.

Looking good Jon. What color will you stain it?

The stain is called American Walnut. I’m matching the color to a as a nearby staircase that is Poplar also. It’s going to be a medium brown when finished.

Jon P.
    Instagram

Attachments:
    WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Looks great! I wish I had more of a shop space at home to do a couple more fine projects, instead of all the rough carpentry I’m normally doing.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Looks great! I wish I had more of a shop space at home to do a couple more fine projects, instead of all the rough carpentry I’m normally doing.

It’s been a lot of fun working on this project. I was looking forward to making a router planing sled because of the size of the slab. I hope I get to use it again sometime soon…I’ve been looking for a place to pick up live edge slabs for a few unique tables actually.

Jon P.
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That top came out really nice Jon. The walnut stain will look nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

the mantle is looking good Jon, keep up the good work.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

From the sounds of things I will be getting to learn the upholstery also. I used a new tool today that put a steel band around a heavy wire and the springs. It was a PITA until I got the hang of it. I made it clear that I wanted to learn upholstery .
    The frames I just finished are sort of like what is in a couch. Looks pretty rough but it all gets covered with fabric and stuff. I will try to get some pictures . I don’t want to run around snapping pictures just yet since I just started.
    @redwood I think my body burned out long ago but I still like what I do.
    4 years and I can retire and work on whatever I want to.

I hope once you’ve learned a bit more at that job you can post up some videos on upholstery, i’d love to see more info on that, it is something i’ve been interested in seeing.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Discovered I missed glueing one joint on the shop cart frame so had to put it back in clamps again and started cutting the top. Trying to get my FSN OFA kit setup for doing the 20mm holes for an MFT style top.

Also worked on a little smartphone stand using some cherry with a walnut accent. Can’t wait to see it with some finish on it.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I just finished cutting a bunch of wood and steel outside before this ice storm gets really bad . This afternoon I am starting 4 more houses .

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

nice work. that looks like poplar. it stains up awesome with cherry stain. the grain pattern is almost identical.. as long as the wood doesnt have any greenish hues in it looks just like real cherry

@jponto07 looks great Jon, can’t do to see if all stained and installed on the fireplace with the new stone / brick

@mattryyc
    nice job, looks nice that color of wood.

@roninohio
    good job on the first couple of days,

@DirtyWhiteBoy
    here’s hoping you get some work.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Drilling lots and lots of holes today.

View post on imgur.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

what are all the holes from, are you going to plugging them back up based on teh box or is that just for trash.. whats it for anyway

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

what are all the holes from, are you going to plugging them back up based on teh box or is that just for trash.. whats it for anyway

The holes are for drain pipes, just collecting them to throw out later.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Drilling lots and lots of holes today.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>
    <iframe class=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub imgur-embed-iframe-pub-07MbaI4-true-422″ id=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub-07MbaI4″ src=”http://imgur.com/07MbaI4/embed?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fbethepro.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2Fv16-0-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-site-today%2Fpage%2F42%2F&w=422&#8243; scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen=”true” style=”margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; width: 422px; height: 500px;” mozallowfullscreen=”true” webkitallowfullscreen=”true”></iframe>
    <script src=”//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js” charset=”utf-8″ async=””></script>
    </figure>

They would be good for someone making wooden cars for kids .

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

The holes are for drain pipes, just collecting them to throw out later.

Now that is a first! I’ve honestly never seen a plumber clean up on a rough in – ever!

We called it an early day after discovering the helper didn’t know how to get the bubble between the lines. Figured it out AFTER sheeting the roof. Tomorrow we cut out collar ties and cathedral ceiling joists and jack up the ridge of a roof to pull a wall in (hopefully). Fun times.

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 1,007 total)
  • The topic ‘V16.0 What did you do in the shop / site today’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.550 seconds