dcsimg

V16.0 What did you do in the shop / site today

Viewing 20 posts - 781 through 800 (of 1,007 total)
  • Author

Cool sled @jponto07! Nice way to improvise.

@ChadM
    why no work?

Today was a travel day and then we did get some product up. We are working for the collegiate graphics company this week and are out in L.A. Damn traffic sucks out here! Maybe worse than H1 at 4 p.m. @DirtyWhiteBoy

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Clev08
    Pro

Sanded some subfloor smooth so we can lay the laminate flooring tomorrow. Painter was trying to get everyone high on fumes again today…

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Did the next phase of the glue up on the shop cart tonight. Long clamps were substituted for the heaviest objects I had around.

Attachments:
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Damn traffic sucks out here! Maybe worse than H1 at 4 p.m. DirtyWhiteBoy …

The Kamehameha Hwy was closed down to day from Haleiwa to Turtle Bay due to high surf. Home had to be evacuated because it’s falling into the ocean.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I had a good day on the new job. Cut some parts out then assembled 7 booths. Day went by fast.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I had a good day on the new job. Cut some parts out then assembled 7 booths. Day went by fast.

Ron in Ohio, what new job?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I took a job at a company that makes restaurant booths and tables.
    Yesterday was the first day.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

so how was the new job? i hope you like it, it seems pretty interesting and challenging as no two restaurants ever have the same booths or tables.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Power will be out for most of the day on site. Me and a few of the other guys will probably spend most of the day making up shower valves.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Congrats on the new job Ron !

Congratulations on the new job Ron,
    Do you mainly work in the shop, or will you also go to do the installation of the equipment

Me, just inspection of the work I made up yesterday, and then more parts

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I got a coat of primer on the walls today. And started sanding this evening. A little more sanding and should be ready for some paint.

Now that I admire. Will sand in the houses but would never of sanded my shop. Now that you said it, it hit me it is like a second home with all the time out there, so do it right. Can’t wait to see the finished results

Another Dooh moment, didn’t read and was thinking about sanding the primer, scratch this, sorry

But still waiting to see it when it is done

I am sanding primer Ed. Just not in my shop. This is the office job I have been doing. lol I guess I should have said a little more in my post.

I do hope to get back in the shop and start some type of cabinet/bench area for my miter saw this week.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Another day of cutting receptacles and fixtures into custom built-ins, and hanging undercabinet LED’s.

What are you using to cut into the custom built-ins?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Just completed another course “Water Repellency and Efflorescence Control in Masonry” and earned another credit AIA LU/HSW. So that’s two courses and two AIA LU/HSW credits now including “Controlling Moisture in Masonry”. Would like to do as many as these as possible.

A Working Pro since 2004

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

why no work?

Honestly? Bad planning on the part of the company I work for…We have 3 kitchens and a bath ready to start but are waiting on materials. It seems that the PM didn’t order materials for these jobs until we finished the project we were on before – it seems he has a tendency to fixate on ongoing projects and not think of upcoming projects. I’m not overjoyed with the situation….

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Just completed another course “Water Repellency and Efflorescence Control in Masonry” and earned another credit AIA LU/HSW. So that’s two courses and two AIA LU/HSW credits now including “Controlling Moisture in Masonry”. Would like to do as many as these as possible.

Are those just online courses?

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@Kswiss Yes sir! Here’s the link if your interested. https://continuingeducation.bnpmedia.com/

I’ll be starting a thread soon about online sites that offer trades/construction courses, seminars etc.

A Working Pro since 2004

@jponto07 wow, it’s looking great, Good job on improvising, that’s a very nice piece of wood, love how the grain looks,
    Side note, your shop is looking good

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I worked on flattening the poplar slab for an upcoming fireplace mantel. The sucker is 8/4 x 6′ x 16″ right now…I cut off about 24″ from the end the other day too.

The bulk of the mantle will be 10″ deep, but one side wraps around a corner a few inches because the stone below it does so also…meaning the slab either needed to be about 15″ when finished or there would be a seam where I joined the little piece that goes around the corner.

And I don’t want a seam if I can avoid it. This means the slab is too big for my planer, so I made a router planing sled!

I still have a bunch of hand planing to do to remove the router marks, but it’s nearly there! Here’s hoping my hand planing skills get better before its all said and done!

Cool router sled. You need a bigger plane though. With planes, sharper always makes things easier.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

That sounds like an interesting course Chris. You must have learned some new things and will be even better at what you do. Good for you!

Viewing 20 posts - 781 through 800 (of 1,007 total)
  • The topic ‘V16.0 What did you do in the shop / site today’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.641 seconds