dcsimg

V16.0 What did you do in the shop / site today

Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 1,007 total)
  • Author
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Super nice day here today, hope everyone is having a good day. I just missed the delivery of my Keen boots from btp, hopefully I’ll be able to get them tonight.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I just bought 4 more from Costco for $120 total. The one I just installed was $50 from Amazon. Same specs, good reviews.

I was talking Canadian Pesos, but that is still a great deal. I’m going to have to put that on the list for my next drive down to Montana.

Keeping the boiler running smooth + tearing down a huge stage from a big play at the school this past weekend kept me busy busy today.

John S

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I made a new zero clearance bottom plate for the Bosch Glide Mitre out of a piece of ash…………..video was rolling, stay tuned.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

moved stuff all day in preparation for demo

Anonymous
    Inactive

Another day of cutting receptacles and fixtures into custom built-ins, and hanging undercabinet LED’s.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Started framing on some of the gambrel roof sides. Had two other guys finishing bell roof #2. Still about a month left of framing on this job.

redwood
    Pro

I started on a little fun experimental project. I’m going to withold pics until I see how it comes out. If you hear nothing more about it, it was probably a disaster.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

It was too nice to work today so I took a 4 hour cruise to the city .

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Basement bulk-heading on half a duplex.

I just wish all the other trades were a little nicer when they chop apart my walls to do their work.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

we were full tilt on siding today, i spent a couple hours inside though breaking through from the existing into the addito because we have a full slew of subtrades showing up tommorrow to do their rough ins

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I got a coat of primer on the walls today. And started sanding this evening. A little more sanding and should be ready for some paint.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Had a neighbour call me over today, she wants me to tile her wall behind the counter top in her kitchen. Should be interesting.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I worked on flattening the poplar slab for an upcoming fireplace mantel. The sucker is 8/4 x 6′ x 16″ right now…I cut off about 24″ from the end the other day too.

The bulk of the mantle will be 10″ deep, but one side wraps around a corner a few inches because the stone below it does so also…meaning the slab either needed to be about 15″ when finished or there would be a seam where I joined the little piece that goes around the corner.

And I don’t want a seam if I can avoid it. This means the slab is too big for my planer, so I made a router planing sled!

I still have a bunch of hand planing to do to remove the router marks, but it’s nearly there! Here’s hoping my hand planing skills get better before its all said and done!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

redwood
    Pro

Looks like your well on your way Jon, I like your planing sled.

Whenever I had big slabs like that, I had my lumberyard plane it. They had like a 24″ planer. Huge machine.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

we were full tilt on siding today

What kind of siding was it? I like siding.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Not much today. It was the first full day back from North Carolina (we got back a little after 11 last night) so I got everything unpacked then gave the truck a good wash after the road trip. Looks like no work again this week…I guess I will use the chance to catch up on stuff around the house…

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

I got a coat of primer on the walls today. And started sanding this evening. A little more sanding and should be ready for some paint.

Now that I admire. Will sand in the houses but would never of sanded my shop. Now that you said it, it hit me it is like a second home with all the time out there, so do it right. Can’t wait to see the finished results

Another Dooh moment, didn’t read and was thinking about sanding the primer, scratch this, sorry

But still waiting to see it when it is done

@jponto07, nice rig to flatten that slab. It is going to look nice.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Looks like your well on your way Jon, I like your planing sled.

Whenever I had big slabs like that, I had my lumberyard plane it. They had like a 24″ planer. Huge machine.

As far as I know, my local yard doesn’t have anything like that. The woodworking store I got it from certainly doesn’t, although the owner has a shop of his own at his home and he probably has a decent sized planer…that said, I’ve been wanting to make a router planing sled for a while now. I’d like to get ahold of a nice live edge piece of walnut and make a table…

@jponto07, nice rig to flatten that slab. It is going to look nice.

Thanks!

Planing leaves a much nicer surface as opposed to sanding. I’m going to try and do this whole thing with minimal sanding. I’ve been brushing up on my planing and card scraping techniques!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 1,007 total)
  • The topic ‘V16.0 What did you do in the shop / site today’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.660 seconds