dcsimg

V16.0 What did you do in the shop / site today

Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 1,007 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I also hung my first LED shop light today. There are about 10 florescent fixtures in the shop. I’m considering switching them all over. I hate that sometimes they work and other times they don’t or they flicker.

LEDs solve all those problems plus they don’t hum, interfere with AM radio reception, and are usually brighter.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@r-ice those boards look great, I actually prefer the lighter looking color, but they look great.

@Pl_Woodworker pretty cool idea that fish hide out,

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I am starting a couple new houses today after I go for a spin in my car 🙂

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

The table starts tomorrow.

I also hung my first LED shop light today. There are about 10 florescent fixtures in the shop. I’m considering switching them all over. I hate that sometimes they work and other times they don’t or they flicker.

Your chairs turned out really nice Mark. How big will the table be?

You’ll like the LED lights better. They are brighter and none of the annoyances that the florescent ones have.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@r-ice those boards look great, I actually prefer the lighter looking color, but they look great.

@Pl_Woodworker pretty cool idea that fish hide out,

lol i didn’t have a choice, as soon as i add the mineral oil it turns out like that, and only gets darker as i add beeswax. I thought it’ll stay the light coloured, but maybe next time i’ll buy some maple and see how that turns out.

Awesome looking cutting boards @r-ice.

i didn’t know it would darken so much.

That end grain really sucks up the finish. Try mineral oil only on one and see how it darkens.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

lol after talking about this yesterday, i promptly forgot to plane a bevel onto the trailing piece and got absolutely horrendous tear out. However i have two of them done now and will finish the third hopefully sometime today.

Those cutting boards look great, nice job @r-ice. I like the look of both the light and dark ones. Have you tried to just bevel the edge with sand paper, rather than routing an edge on it?

I Have been on the fence about changing over to LED shop lights. The price up here in Canada is just not justifiable at the moment.

I am starting a couple new houses today after I go for a spin in my car 🙂

@cranbrook2
    I have seen a few nice cars driving around with this great weather we have gotten lately. So you for insurance, you just don’t have seasonal on the Vette? Enjoy.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

lol after talking about this yesterday, i promptly forgot to plane a bevel onto the trailing piece and got absolutely horrendous tear out. However i have two of them done now and will finish the third hopefully sometime today.

Those cutting boards look great, nice job @r-ice. I like the look of both the light and dark ones. Have you tried to just bevel the edge with sand paper, rather than routing an edge on it?

I Have been on the fence about changing over to LED shop lights. The price up here in Canada is just not justifiable at the moment.

I am starting a couple new houses today after I go for a spin in my car :-)

@cranbrook2,
    I have seen a few nice cars driving around with this great weather we have gotten lately. So you for insurance, you just don’t have seasonal on the Vette? Enjoy.

My insurance is only $ 180.00 a year for this car and $ 160.00 a year for my Camaro . Classic car insurance .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My insurance is only $ 180.00 a year for this car and $ 160.00 a year for my Camaro . Classic car insurance .

Those are great rates John.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Those are great rates John.

Those are some great rates. Too bad our weather doesn’t allow you to drive all rear round.

— Glenn Botting

redwood
    Pro

I can’t believe those insurance rates. You must be very limited in the number of miles you can put on them per year. I’ve never heard of classic car rates, but then I don’t own any classic cars.

How about I trade you 4 custom outdoor chairs for sitting among your bird houses for 1 corvette.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Back at the glass blowing,

@cranbrook2
    those are some great rates,
    And for the whole year to boot.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

@58Chev
    I was at HD last week and was surprised at how much they have come down. The higher quality ones were $150 now and I put in 3 of them in my basement shop, planning on putting more in the garage. It’s really nice not changing bulbs (or breaking them) and I would say they are as bright as a few older T4 fluorescents were. I looked into them about 3 years ago and they were closer to $300 per then.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Setting the structural steel at the church remodel today. If the forklift would show up, we will be done today. Columns are all set but the beams at 2000 each are a little heavy for the Armstrong method.

redwood
    Pro

@58Chev I was at HD last week and was surprised at how much they have come down. The higher quality ones were $150 now and I put in 3 of them in my basement shop, planning on putting more in the garage. It’s really nice not changing bulbs (or breaking them) and I would say they are as bright as a few older T4 fluorescents were. I looked into them about 3 years ago and they were closer to $300 per then.

I just bought 4 more from Costco for $120 total. The one I just installed was $50 from Amazon. Same specs, good reviews.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Doobie

I just picked up two 3 foot long overhaed LED’s for $39 plus there’s a government coupon for 8 or 10 dollars off each you can use.

Our government here in Ontario has all sorts of Energy Star Coupons.

https://saveonenergy.ca/consumer/programs/instant-rebates/printable-coupons.aspx

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I just picked up two 3 foot long overhaed LED’s for $39 plus there’s a government coupon for 8 or 10 dollars off each you can use.

https://saveonenergy.ca/consumer/programs/instant-rebates/printable-coupons.aspx

Is this from costco? the ones i picked up earlier this year was 59 bucks i believe and the rebates were over for last year or something and i couldn’t ge tit.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

@58Chev I was at HD last week and was surprised at how much they have come down. The higher quality ones were $150 now and I put in 3 of them in my basement shop, planning on putting more in the garage. It’s really nice not changing bulbs (or breaking them) and I would say they are as bright as a few older T4 fluorescents were. I looked into them about 3 years ago and they were closer to $300 per then.

I just bought 4 more from Costco for $120 total. The one I just installed was $50 from Amazon. Same specs, good reviews.

I saw a guy at Costco that had a whole cart full of the LEd’s must have had at least 25.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

58Chev I was at HD last week and was surprised at how much they have come down. The higher quality ones were $150 now and I put in 3 of them in my basement shop, planning on putting more in the garage. It’s really nice not changing bulbs (or breaking them) and I would say they are as bright as a few older T4 fluorescents were. I looked into them about 3 years ago and they were closer to $300 per then.

Still think we get shafted on the price of LED’s compared to what they sell for in the states.

I would need the 4 foot lamps to convert the ones in my shop. 3 ft might be OK to replace some 4 ft ones in my basement.

@Doobie
    Where did you buy the lights?

— Glenn Botting

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Setting the structural steel at the church remodel today. If the forklift would show up, we will be done today. Columns are all set but the beams at 2000 each are a little heavy for the Armstrong method.

Wow I’m surprised you stood the heavy Columns and lifted them on the bolts without a lift.

Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 1,007 total)
  • The topic ‘V16.0 What did you do in the shop / site today’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.626 seconds