dcsimg

V16.0 What did you do in the shop / site today

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 1,007 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Here are some pictures of a job I did. I made everything you see and installed. The outside picture I made the bar and cabinets. The cabinet above the bar held 3 large TVs .

That was some nice work Ron. Looks to be an upscale country club?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@Sorpa

here you go sorpa this is birch with mineral oil and bees wax on it. i needed to take a picture with a measuring tape to show someone size and what it looks like

@r-ice

I must have missed it…how are you flattening the boards? Looks great btw!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

@roninohio

Good Luck Ron. I know how you feel, that’s a big part of the reason I retired.

I used to make booths and tables, unupholstered, for a chain of taqueria’s we worked on, 22 of them. They were kind of crude, but that was to fit the latin theme.

I’m hoping it will be easier on the body Mark. That is cool that you made that stuff also.
    I guess this place does a lot of truck stops across the USA.
    I have made them before but I know they will have their own way to do things.
    Here are some pictures of a job I did. I made everything you see and installed. The outside picture I made the bar and cabinets. The cabinet above the bar held 3 large TVs .

Very nice work Ron , that looks like a great place to hang out ! How long ago did you do this job ?

@cranbrook2
    I did this job about 6 years ago. It is a very nice country club.
    Thanks @RonW . It was a old rock quarry that someone made into a golf course.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@Sorpa

here you go sorpa this is birch with mineral oil and bees wax on it. i needed to take a picture with a measuring tape to show someone size and what it looks like

@r-ice

thanks, i am using a combination of the bosch 1250devs and taking extremely light passes on the planer. If i have to make larger ones, i may have to build a router jig to flatten them.

roninohio wrote:
    PI_Woodworker wrote:
    We made fish log homes.

I know where you will be fishing! lol
    Good job, it a good thing to make fish habitat.
    Did you weight them so they don’t float?

what is a fish habitat? is he building it to provide shelter and does it sink or something when spring hits? I’ve never seen something like this before.

Our lake does not have a lot of weed growth as do many of the glacial lakes around here. Mostly rock bottoms. Fish cribs are built on the ice and when spring comes they sink to the bottom as they are weighted down. This gives a place for the little fish to hide and grow. The brush you place inside the crib also attracts aquatic insects and algae. The net effect over time is hopefully more fish. Ihe WI DNR encourages this.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

thanks, i am using a combination of the bosch 1250devs and taking extremely light passes on the planer. If i have to make larger ones, i may have to build a router jig to flatten them.

Are you seeing any tearout with the planer?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

@Sorpa

@r-ice

I watch MTM wood work on You Tube, he specializes in end grain cutting boards. He puts them through the planer all the time, but often he glues a strip along the edges of the cutting board as they have been known to explode apart going through the planer.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I do see tear out right at the end of the board if i don’t use a plane and curve the edge out a bit. However i was just in the shop using the 1250devs on 80 grit, i might not resort to the planer after this aggressive sander is done with it. I’ll have to handplane the sides but thats it.

redwood
    Pro

Finished my chairs today, minus the finish.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I do see tear out right at the end of the board if i don’t use a plane and curve the edge out a bit. However i was just in the shop using the 1250devs on 80 grit, i might not resort to the planer after this aggressive sander is done with it. I’ll have to handplane the sides but thats it.

A little trick I learned with the planer is to run another piece of wood the same thickness right behind your piece. It will prevent the tear out (snipe) . I can’t say that I have ever ran end grain up through a planer though.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i went out and met with the homeowners of the deck job im pricing up. its been increased from a 12×16 deck to now a 12×20 with a lower at grade 8×8 patio. due to the material costs theyve opted to not go with composite but to use cedar instead.

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Mark,
    They look great together. awesome job. Can’t wait to see them with the table.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

monman1
    Pro

Did not much today, other then changed a lightbulb on the van.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Mark,
    They look great together. awesome job. Can’t wait to see them with the table.

Very nice Mark! What’s the status of the table?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

redwood
    Pro

Very nice Mark! What’s the status of the table?

The table starts tomorrow.

I also hung my first LED shop light today. There are about 10 florescent fixtures in the shop. I’m considering switching them all over. I hate that sometimes they work and other times they don’t or they flicker.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Made the trip to HD this afternoon to get materials for tomorrow’s job, rather than lose a couple of hours in the morning going to the supply.

Those chairs look classy Mark. Very, very nice. Looking forward to the table build.

Clev08
    Pro

Made the trip to HD this afternoon to get materials for tomorrow’s job, rather than lose a couple of hours in the morning going to the supply.

I always find it easier to stay up a couple hours later than get up a couple hour earlier. Probable because I’m not much of a morning person.

@redwood
    . Chairs look great!

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Those look great Mark.

I finished up the joinery on two sides of the planer cart with the Domino. The tool has been sitting in the box for about a year since I last used it, maybe even longer, so it took a few little errors and fixing them. Got things glued up though today, I need more clamps.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

A little trick I learned with the planer is to run another piece of wood the same thickness right behind your piece. It will prevent the tear out (snipe) . I can’t say that I have ever ran end grain up through a planer though.

lol after talking about this yesterday, i promptly forgot to plane a bevel onto the trailing piece and got absolutely horrendous tear out. However i have two of them done now and will finish the third hopefully sometime today.

Here it is between the mineral oil plus beeswax, it is quite the difference, i didn’t know it would darken so much.

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 1,007 total)
  • The topic ‘V16.0 What did you do in the shop / site today’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.041 seconds