dcsimg

V16.0 What did you do in the shop / site today

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 1,007 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Found this storm drain cover yesterday… Thinking of trying to make a barstool out of it.

That will leave a neat pattern on your butt.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I did a little more sanding and I hope I got the final coat of mud on most of the walls today. Should get the last in the morning.

Looks like it is coming along nicely Ron. Almost ready for paint.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I worked late last night working on my uncle’s door. The neighbors thought I was a burglar! They knew he was in the hospital and called the law out there! ha ha . Didn’t look good when the showed up and I had a busted up door there. Called my uncle in the hospital and they set me free.

I worked late last night working on my uncle’s door. The neighbors thought I was a burglar! They knew he was in the hospital and called the law out there! ha ha . Didn’t look good when the showed up and I had a busted up door there. Called my uncle in the hospital and they set me free.

Holy carp, sounds like something out of a movie. How’s your uncle doing, did you manage to finish the door?

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I needed some insulation so all I have left is that and the inside trim.
    Uncle says he will be in the hospital another week. He will never be well but doing ok for now. Thanks for asking.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Just spent an hour or so dimensioning all of my lumber for my planer cart. Planning to do some storage underneath. Basically, I made a pile of sticks today, but love the ability to thickness stuff easily now that I have the new planer.

a thickness planer sure comes handy in a shop. good to hear that you enjoy your new machine. are you building a cart with flip-top?

I thought about the flip top cart – I have the Ridgid tabletop sander that would work well with the same design. I’ve found though that I’m using the two of these quite a bit – the ridgid is really nice to have there to clean up a rough cut, so I decided against doing the flip top for now.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

More networking today online and waiting on a couple calls towards securing some new work.

A Working Pro since 2004

redwood
    Pro

Found this storm drain cover yesterday… Thinking of trying to make a barstool out of it.

Looks more like a BBQ grill then a seat. Aren’t those things heavy? What diameter is it?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Doobie

Good to see he has diligent neighbors. Did the police draw their weapons on you though. That would freak me out.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Happened once before when a lady set the burglar alarm while I was doing her roof. She had told me she wouldn’t set it and told me where the key was hid in case I needed the bathroom. So, I had to go really bad and used the key. One step in the door and I heard beep beep beep and then the alarm went off! 2 police cars showed up hands on weapons.
    Called the lady and she came home and cleared me. Meanwhile I almost made a mess in my pants!

Clev08
    Pro

That’s pretty cool, you could always make some little patio table with that,

It looks pretty big for a bar stool, I think the patio idea is a good one.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Holy carp, sounds like something out of a movie. How’s your uncle doing, did you manage to finish the door?

cue music for “The Twilight Zone”

Hope your uncle is feeling better.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Had to get some pipes cut and threaded so i can put the pipe clamp fixtures on them, managed to get a deal at 12 bucks a fixture and 6-7 bucks for the pipe to affix them to. I am debating if i should go for more clamps as they say you can never have enough clamps.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Got the final window truck emptied (truck #3). We still have about 20 or 25 assorted window/door units scattered about the house waiting for install.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Happened once before when a lady set the burglar alarm while I was doing her roof. She had told me she wouldn’t set it and told me where the key was hid in case I needed the bathroom. So, I had to go really bad and used the key. One step in the door and I heard beep beep beep and then the alarm went off! 2 police cars showed up hands on weapons.
    Called the lady and she came home and cleared me. Meanwhile I almost made a mess in my pants!

Too funny Ron! The people out hear don’t hesitate to call when something looks amiss. On some of our big demo jobs, we end up setting off the alarm and either the cops arrive, or the security company calls immediately. Never had an issue when they see us working.

Played plumber again. Quick bath remodel. The same client we just finished the tile shower for wanted to update their tub in the other bath. We got the old tub/shower out, new mixer valve in, and set the new tub base in the mortar bed.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

More of the same today. I did get the final coat of mud on the walls. And half of it sanded. I sure will be happy when I done with all this sanding.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Looks more like a BBQ grill then a seat. Aren’t those things heavy? What diameter is it?

It’s heavy as heck…probably 40 lbs of cast iron. It’s 16″ in diameter.

That’s pretty cool, you could always make some little patio table with that,

It looks pretty big for a bar stool, I think the patio idea is a good one.

Well, I need a stool in my shop, but I don’t know if this is going to become a stool or a table top now. I feel like it would look great as either, but I’m torn.

It’s probably not going to be very comfortable to sit on…so it will more than likely be a table.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Mark is right. It looks like it would make a great grill.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

started teh morning hanging more vinyl siding.. then went on to unloading drywall then framed in the two remaining windows that were left out so the board could get in.

heres a funny shot.. because of the design of the roofline and the elevation of the addition.. heres the corner board where the addition roofline and gable ties into the existing . the vinyl corner is literally 5″ tall

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 1,007 total)
  • The topic ‘V16.0 What did you do in the shop / site today’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.471 seconds