dcsimg

V16.0 What did you do in the shop / site today

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 1,007 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

DirtyWhiteBoy I just find trusses kinda boring. Get the package with the layout, find the girder truss, then measure 2′ till the next girder. Everything is done for you, its just boring lol

I guess it could be. I have done a lot of trusses and some roofs have big holes in they with bastard hips and all kinds of head scratching stuff. We hand all the parts hips, ridges , bastard hips ect all pre cut so the guy can stand em slam the backing down and keep going.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Just spent an hour or so dimensioning all of my lumber for my planer cart. Planning to do some storage underneath. Basically, I made a pile of sticks today, but love the ability to thickness stuff easily now that I have the new planer.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

We have an x-ray tech coming out to site tomorrow to x-ray a 5 foot deep concrete beam that we have to core through. Hopefully everything works out with that, haven’t had too many issues in the past

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Just spent an hour or so dimensioning all of my lumber for my planer cart. Planning to do some storage underneath. Basically, I made a pile of sticks today, but love the ability to thickness stuff easily now that I have the new planer.

isn’t it great that it goes so much smoother with a planer. I will be doing the same tomorrow, today i’ll be hitting a sale to pick up pipe clamps and if i have time some nice maple or cherry for the cutting boards this weekend.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

a thickness planer sure comes handy in a shop. good to hear that you enjoy your new machine. are you building a cart with flip-top?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I actually wanted to build a large 4 or 5 tier shelf first at that spot.
    And in a couple weeks start drywalling the whole garage.
    But I changed my mind, at least then I dont have to take down the shelf again.

So I bought couple sheetrocks today. gonna start drywalling that part of my garage tomorrow or friday. plus taping and mudding

Alex,
    Lots of drywall ahead to be done. Once you start and look at it you will want to get it completed.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

We have an x-ray tech coming out to site tomorrow to x-ray a 5 foot deep concrete beam that we have to core through. Hopefully everything works out with that, haven’t had too many issues in the past

I remember years ago working with core drillers putting in 12″ black pipe.
    The engineers and their plans, saying “yep you can drill here” even after the x-rays they somehow managed to drill through something that did not get detected and was not in the plans.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I started adding a few shelves for my birdhouses this afternoon , Now I can get 40 houses where I was getting 8 houses before . That is just one of 4 sections I’m doing. for now

40 in place of 8, Nice work there John. You’ve been busy with building birdhouses and shelving.

I still have a bunch of shelving left to do today , it will give me a lot more space to stack a whole pile of houses.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Did some more drainage rough in today. I snapped a pic of this laundry that I had to pipe in, it was a real PITA.

Kyle very clean install on the plumbing.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Glad you are enjoying the new machine. Looking forward to seeing the finished cart.

I actually wanted to build a large 4 or 5 tier shelf first at that spot.
    And in a couple weeks start drywalling the whole garage.
    But I changed my mind, at least then I dont have to take down the shelf again.

So I bought couple sheetrocks today. gonna start drywalling that part of my garage tomorrow or friday. plus taping and mudding

Alex,
    Lots of drywall ahead to be done. Once you start and look at it you will want to get it completed.

Now that it’s wide open, good time to finish drywall.

I started adding a few shelves for my birdhouses this afternoon , Now I can get 40 houses where I was getting 8 houses before . That is just one of 4 sections I’m doing. for now

40 in place of 8, Nice work there John. You’ve been busy with building birdhouses and shelving.

I still have a bunch of shelving left to do today , it will give me a lot more space to stack a whole pile of houses.

Big improvement, John. You will be in good shape for business this spring.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I remember years ago working with core drillers putting in 12″ black pipe.
    The engineers and their plans, saying “yep you can drill here” even after the x-rays they somehow managed to drill through something that did not get detected and was not in the plans.

Lol last time I saw that happen someone cored through a main power feed that was ran in slab. This is also probably why my boss doesn’t want any of our guys doing the coring.

@cranbrook2 wow you created some great space saving, even your shelves are perfect John,
    Makes it easy to access and store many more.

@kswiss
    you did a very nice clean job on that laundry room plumbing,

@madman_us
    thanks for the pictures, looks like a nice view from your garage,
    Good luck on getting all your jip up.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I started adding a few shelves for my birdhouses this afternoon

John the shelves look great. They look like they will hold a lot of bird houses.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Found this storm drain cover yesterday… Thinking of trying to make a barstool out of it.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

@jponto07, you have me thinking about how you would use that. Are you going to use for a seat or a base?

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Probably for the seat…its just an idea. Not sure if it will pan out just yet though. I’ll have to determine how to attach some lumber to the underneath side before I can build anything around it.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Found this storm drain cover yesterday… Thinking of trying to make a barstool out of it.

That looks pretty clean , did you sandblast it ?

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Probably for the seat…its just an idea. Not sure if it will pan out just yet though. I’ll have to determine how to attach some lumber to the underneath side before I can build anything around it.

You could make a wood ring around it and rabbit the inside so the drain cover would just inlay in it.

@cranbrook2
    Nice shelves . Now you can keep building houses.
    I need to make some sort of cabinet to hold all my power tools. Like sanders, routers, jig saws etc. I had a old particle board cabinet that I got at a garage sale for ten bucks that is falling apart now.

That’s pretty cool, you could always make some little patio table with that,

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Lots of sheet rock work you guys are doing. I am not jealous at all.

Would be nice if I could do something more fun.
    But the garage needs to be done. Or actually that part so that I can build a shelf for more storage. Everything is sitting on the floor right now, tools totes and other junk. Can’t walk thru the garage without stepping over items
    After that I can focus on fun projects.

Yes, I understand the necessity of doing it, and it will look great when done. One of those jobs you just have to grit your teeth and keep your eye on the final outcome. I am still not jealous of having to do drywall though…lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 1,007 total)
  • The topic ‘V16.0 What did you do in the shop / site today’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.689 seconds