dcsimg

V16.0 What did you do in the shop / site today

This topic contains 1,006 replies, has 50 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,007 total)
  • Author

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Looks like the last one broke. So it’s time for another.
    Lets see what you have done today.

Here is the last one. http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v15-0-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-site-today/

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Anonymous

Thanks Ron, you posted up the link to the last one and everything. Good job

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Today I burned about 7 yards of brush that I had cleared over the past summer. Open burn season in our town runs from 1/15 till 5/31. It was too good a day not to get something done. Don’t know if it made it to 60F, but it was probably pretty close. I was burning in a T-shirt (granted, the fire was hot) which was very nice. Most of the snow has melted. Of course we will likely be getting more.

Went and picked up the granite I needed for Monday on Friday afternoon for my shower niche and bench. I forgot to tell my granite supplier to polish the under side of the niche shelves and the under edges of the wall caps. I went into the shop and polished those items up. Turned out pretty good…not as polished as the factory finish but not bad. A little sealer/enhancer helped too.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@overanalyze Perfect job for you have all the equipment and experience with polishing. What type/brand of sealer did you use?

A Working Pro since 2004

@overanalyze Perfect job for you have all the equipment and experience with polishing. What type/brand of sealer did you use?

Thanks @utopia78! I wasn’t upset that I got to fire up the polisher! 🙂 I used this sealer. It is stocked locally. Does a nice job.

http://miraclesealants.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=9&Itemid=178

Andrew

redwood
    Pro

Mounted my new Bosch 1617 Router to my router table. I still have a couple of things to, but it was too darn cold and Tanner was bugging me.

The mounting plate by Bosch had about 30 holes and only 2 lined up with the threaded holes on the router.

I’ll have pics tomorrow, when I finish it up

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@overanalyze Thanks Andrew, I checked out the product on the page and appreciate the info.

A Working Pro since 2004

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Had a little time today so I put my new router table together and mounted the new 1617 in it.

Ron

@overanalyze Thanks Andrew, I checked out the product on the page and appreciate the info.

No problem! It went on very easy. I put on 2 coats. It evened the color out nicely. I used the same stuff on the natural marbel floor and accent in the shower.

@redwood @ronw that 1617 in the Bosch router table is a winner winner chicken dinner!! I would like to change my base out to the one that has the adjustment from above…that seems like a no braniner.

Andrew

Anonymous

I had to lower down on island cuz granit was thicker 2 3/8 rather then 1 1/4 ofcourse costumers new idea that just came out of nowere

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I had to lower down on island cuz granit was thicker 2 3/8 rather then 1 1/4 ofcourse costumers new idea that just came out of nowere

Nice pic I like the bosch saw.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Had a little time today so I put my new router table together and mounted the new 1617 in it.

Ron where did you finally decide to put the table?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Ron where did you finally decide to put the table?

For now I just have it sitting on a bench. I have a couple ideas going through my mind on what I want. Still have not started the on the cabinets in the shop. Just not enough time lately.

Ron

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

That’s looking good, nice saw and set up
    Great to have it hooked up to the Bosch vac to keep the dust down,

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I am heading out this morning to pick up a new computer and then back in the shop this afternoon .

Anonymous

Got a reno job where the customer keeps having handymen hacks screw around with electrical stuff while I’ve got an open permit on the job. Got to go down to the town hall and see what’s the easiest way to extricate myself from the situation. From now on I’m not taking any jobs with even the chance of a handyman being involved. Got a flat-screen install after that.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Still have not started the on the cabinets in the shop. Just not enough time lately.

Also tough to get motivated when the shop is a bit cold. BTDT.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Thanks @utopia78! I wasn’t upset that I got to fire up the polisher! :) I used this sealer. It is stocked locally. Does a nice job.

http://miraclesealants.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=9&Itemid=178

what polisher do you use? this is something i am interested in. eventually i want to do something with granite and learn how to work it in my house.

I got the trim put back on today. Not sure what it is, but I have been without ambition for a while now. Have not even shot any video or edited any. Got a few projects to do too. Despite the warm weather, I think I have a case of the winter “blahs”.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,007 total)

The topic ‘V16.0 What did you do in the shop / site today’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 1.076 seconds