dcsimg

V15.0 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author
    BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

I sat on the couch for a while drinking coffee and browsing both BTP and back issues of “Fine Woodworking.” After that I went to Depot and bought a few small things as well as a Husky tool bag.

redwood
    Pro

I worked on my chair parts, bandsawing some curves on certain pieces. Actually, these are the patterns. I hope to use my Bosch MR23 to router the actual parts, off the pattern.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Not much today. Straightened up the trailer, installed some crash bars on my motorcycle, then cleaned up the shop some. Didn’t get quite finished with the trailer, a little more time tomorrow and it will be done.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Weird day in a way.

My printer ran out of ink. Well, we had to go to Goderich to do some grocery shopping today anyway, so add another thing on to the “to do” list while we are in town.

We were in the Zehrs Market (Canadian chain of stores) and while going through the check out we see a Canon printer on sale for what they say is 1/2 price. Well, off we go to Walmart and the prices there are double. Back to Zehrs and pick up a brand new Canon Pixima all-in-one printer/coper/scanner that has wireless connection, go to the checkout, cash in my built up points and it came out to under $27.00 which is cheaper than just one of the tanks in the old HP unit.

The old HP is being donated, works fine, just needs ink.

I always look at what the consumables cost when it comes to printers and copiers. That’s where they get you. Won’t touch HP any longer. I have a couple of Xerox machines that are great. I do have one HP5 Laser Printer that is close to 20 years old that I still use. Can’t kill those old HP’s. But back then I paid close to 2K for it.

My first printer was a thermal print and the paper for that was pricey at the time. I was so excited when I switched to a dot matrix printer with tractor feed paper. That was high tech hooked up to my 386SX computer with an 40 Meg MFM hard drive.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

redwood
    Pro

My first printer was a thermal print and the paper for that was pricey at the time. I was so excited when I switched to a dot matrix printer with tractor feed paper. That was high tech hooked up to my 386SX computer with an 40 Meg MFM hard drive.

Back around 1972, I had a thermal printer that worked with my HP programmable calculator. I used it for estimates and material lists.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Weird day in a way.

My printer ran out of ink. Well, we had to go to Goderich to do some grocery shopping today anyway, so add another thing on to the “to do” list while we are in town.

We were in the Zehrs Market (Canadian chain of stores) and while going through the check out we see a Canon printer on sale for what they say is 1/2 price. Well, off we go to Walmart and the prices there are double. Back to Zehrs and pick up a brand new Canon Pixima all-in-one printer/coper/scanner that has wireless connection, go to the checkout, cash in my built up points and it came out to under $27.00 which is cheaper than just one of the tanks in the old HP unit.

I always look at what the consumables cost when it comes to printers and copiers. That’s where they get you. Won’t touch HP any longer. I have a couple of Xerox machines that are great. I do have one HP5 Laser Printer that is close to 20 years old that I still use. Can’t kill those old HP’s. But back then I paid close to 2K for it.

My first one was a 286 with a 20 meg hard drive It cost me close to 5k at the time.

I am still using a 10 year old Samsung laser printer. The toner costs about $100 a pop but I get 3 or 4 years out of one.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Weird day in a way.

My first one was a 286 with a 20 meg hard drive It cost me close to 5k at the time.

I am still using a 10 year old Samsung laser printer. The toner costs about $100 a pop but I get 3 or 4 years out of one.

Yeah, the hdd was from the old 286, I upgraded it. That old hdd was a seagate and the computer got hit by lightening through the lines twice. I have liked seagates ever since.

At the party for the 50th birthday of my SIL

frames and stuff turned out great and she is blown away

Good use for the last of my walnut. We had fun making it and she was happy

My favorite part to make was the eisel though. First time i make one. Dead simple

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Went and looked at an up coming job on the river. Another floating house next door to the one I did a year ago. Might be another fun project.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Went and looked at an up coming job on the river. Another floating house next door to the one I did a year ago. Might be another fun project.

This sounds like it may be a great project. How ofton does a person do one of these, let alone one a year.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

This sounds like it may be a great project. How ofton does a person do one of these, let alone one a year.

I have been fortunate lately is all I can say. It won’t be as big of a project as the last one. Thank goodness. lol

Ron

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That sounds like fun Ron. I like working on boats.

I have been fornicate lately is all I can say. It won’t be as big of a project as the last one. Thank goodness. lol

Is that some kind of Freudian slip @RonW? 🙂

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

My favorite part to make was the eisel though. First time i make one. Dead simple

Nice job Eric! Looks good for your first try

A Working Pro since 2004

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I have been fornicate lately is all I can say.

A little too much information there @ronw…lol!

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I have been fornicate lately is all I can say. It won’t be as big of a project as the last one. Thank goodness. lol

Is that some kind of Freudian slip @RonW? :)

lol. Darn auto correct. lol

Ron

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Beautiful!….nice work, no wonder she was happy.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I just had such a vision of the floor boards being torn up and someone falling through the hole into the drink….lol. Good luck with the job, it sounds like a neat one.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Weird day in a way.

well with the new laser printers you can really save on consumables, you just buy the toner in builk and refill the old packaging. it saves you quite a bit of money.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

well with the new laser printers you can really save on consumables,

Not to mention the versatility of making stuff you can get anymore. Lots of the car club guys are using the 3D printers to make unavailable plastic parts.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘V15.0 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.851 seconds