dcsimg

V15.0 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

i removed snow today from 2 driveways at BigBear Mountain. between 2 and 4 ft of snow…tmw we head there again for more driveways.
    i cant provide some pictures tmw, phone is charging and im sitting in front of the fireplace

Wow that is a lot of snow. Is that unusual for that area?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Here’s another photo of the dormers we’ve been trimming. It’s a different style from ones I posted a few days ago. Today we finished all the dormers but one, the round one we still don’t have the parts for.

Michael, Dormers are looking good.

Me, Got to play a bit last night with my new to me 17″ drill press. It was like Christmas all over again.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I am feeling a little better today so I am heading out to the shop early this morning .

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’m feeling a lot better today too. Put some ice on the ankle last night and it seemed to help. Happy Friday everyone, hope you all have some fun today.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@TaraC that will be a fun job. I’m sure if the city wants it they will find a way. Last dock I built I lost most of my driver bits. Was using a crappy Dewalt drill and nothing would stay in the chuck. Every time I turned around cur plunk in the lake went another bit! Glad I have the impact driver now. Looks like a lot of lumber toting .

@ChadM The shower is looking good. That metal is a total pain cutting and getting the miters to fit nice. I found a dremel tool works good to fine tune it in.

@BeardedCarpenter we all have those days ! I always called it the school of hard knocks. When I get tired or in a hurry nothing goes right.

@roninohio I know what you mean! I lost so much of my stuff, plus personal items up at Lake Lorelei, that when it drained I’m sure they may have thought there was a body around somewhere….lost my watch, a ring, and one work boot, plus tools. Don’t mind for the lumber toting…do it everyday now anyway..got some good bicep guns going on 🙂

@kswiss
    glad to hear that your ankle is better, and happy Friday to you!

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Well…I had to go out this morning because the driver side window in my wife’s van would not go up and it was all the way down in the door. Take the door skin off, check the switch and it is good so I am thinking it is the motor…But in the process of trying to ever so gently get the window up by hand (in 18 degrees) the window broke…

Now the window is covered in plastic and I have to take her to work because where she works (a blood plasma donation center) it is almost a sure thing that it would get stolen. They have had vehicles without plastic windows stolen from the parking lot so hers would be an easy target….

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’m feeling a lot better today too. Put some ice on the ankle last night and it seemed to help. Happy Friday everyone, hope you all have some fun today.

Good to hear Kyle. It would be a better Friday if it were my half day.
    I get half Friday every other week. 🙂

Hit Canadian Tire this morning and picked up the belts for my drill press. Yeah…

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Sounds like it may be one of those days for you @ChadM . Hope it gets better.

@kswiss
    Glad the ankle is better.

@TaraC I am just shaking my head and laughing with you. How does one loose their work boot in the lake?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ChadM Not a good way to start the day. Sorry Chad!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sounds like it may be one of those days for you @ChadM . Hope it gets better.

@kswiss Glad the ankle is better.

@TaraC I am just shaking my head and laughing with you. How does one loose their work boot in the lake?

@roninohio was up on the ladder, and trying to hold onto that post driver..raining that day and just a pull on rubber boot for the water..it fell off and thought I saw a shadow under the water (Jaws) and was too chicken to go under and get it 🙂

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

But in the process of trying to ever so gently get the window up by hand (in 18 degrees) the window broke…

That ticks you off for sure. Makes for a bigger job. Cold weather brings out all the weak areas for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

But in the process of trying to ever so gently get the window up by hand (in 18 degrees) the window broke…

Welll that sucks!! That’s why I like roll up windows,,ol school but they work forever!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s why I like roll up windows,,ol school but they work forever!

Way too many electrics and electronics in cars today. Yes they are convenient, but they increase the repair bill and repair frequency. I prefer old school also.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I modified an ugly little shelf for a friend today. It is still ugly, but shorter now.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Short day. Got framing finished up so plumbing can start at addition. We still need to set doors and windows there next week.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I bet you will be glad to start working in from the weather Warren.
    Will be nice to have a dry place to go on bad days.

cranbrook2
    Pro

Day two ! I have a few days left on the 6 1/2 ft tall house .

Attachments:
    roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Think you have outdone yourself John! That is awesome!
    Will you put railings on the balconies?

cranbrook2
    Pro

Think you have outdone yourself John! That is awesome!
    Will you put railings on the balconies?

Yes im doing wood railings on the first two floors and round steel railings on the third floor .

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

This one just out of your head or did you see a building like it ?
    Looks like a lot of lumber in it for sure.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘V15.0 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.803 seconds