dcsimg

V15.0 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author
    ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

It must be some kind of urethane based grout to be flexible to take a little movement of the vinyl tiles. I know urethane behaves the same way…apply a little and clean it right away. Definitely do not want to apply a bunch all at once or you would be screwed!

Yeah, I checked the bucket and the two main ingredients were silica sand and urethane polymers.

Interesting ! I have not seen that before. All I have seen is a sort of knob by the shower head to divert from shower to wand.
    See ! I am still learning!
    Thank you!

No problem @roninohio! This is Kohler stuff…very nice…and pricey. Both valves are made from solid brass…no plastic here. The rain hood is sweet. When it comes in I will show it. Plumbing fixtures is one area I don’t let my clients skimp on…no box store fixtures. We buy from a supply house that gets their product from the manufacturer. Full warranties and great service when you need it.

Big fan of Kohlers valves. The crap sold at big box stores isn’t worth putting in.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

The cedar smells good but the dust made me very very sick not very long ago.
    I am still coughing and having breathing problems from it. Been about 3 weeks now. No more will come into my shop. Never bothered me till this last time. I was using western red cedar.

funny you say that , well I mean its not funny , just that I cut a hole bunch of cedar for my fence, I can remember it smelled great , but I was coughing for weeks also,

I remember that tile job you were quoting .

@ChadM
    nice job on that bath redo

@overanalyze
    thanks Andrew for the updates, cant wait to see it finished , will the shower have a partial glass with a walk in , or will it have a swing door

@thedude306
    nice bench Brad. how did you do the joints ,

The shower will have glass from the half wall to the soffit and then a hinged glass door @Boschmanbrian.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Framing, sheet rock, spackle, set a door buck

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Did a little more layout and framing today at the office.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

@boschmanbrian

I used the domino and a few pocket screws on the inside legs that I can hide since the legs are getting painted. I’m really liking it for this sort of thing. The angles were a bit tricky to get lined up but once I figured it out it’s pretty slick. The second one will go much faster.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Today we finished the metal roof and all the little odds and ends that go with it.

What kind of metal roof did you install?? Where are the pics??? You didn’t really do a metal roof did you?? We’ll be doing a metal roof at the Lazy Piggs house.

Ha, I still got the cruddy flip phone with a cruddy camera. Believe or not, the roof was done. For what it’s worth I believe the type of metal roof we did is called “standing seem,” the kind they roll out custom length panels right off the truck. I believe the profile is called 1 1/2″ mechanical, 16″ wide panels, in slate gray.

I think that’s what we are doing on the Lazy Pigg house.. Look for 80 bucks you can get a MotoE phone and take killer pics.. it works with tracphone and all the services like that. Look at the pic I take with mine and Utopia turned me on to it.

Doobie

I am still coughing and having breathing problems from it. Been about 3 weeks now. No more will come into my shop. Never bothered me till this last time. I was using western red cedar.

funny you say that , well I mean its not funny , just that I cut a hole bunch of cedar for my fence, I can remember it smelled great , but I was coughing for weeks also,

Gota be careful with that. That can turn nasty real fast. Respirator time.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Gota be careful with that. That can turn nasty real fast. Respirator time.

always doesn’t matter what you cut, should wear a respirator. always alway always. and now that i have my dust extractor, i can run it right at the tool.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It came out nice. How much of a hassle was it to sort it all out?

It wasn’t bad, maybe took 10 minutes to sort them by color/pattern then I just watched when I laid them so everything kind of flowed.

Very nice effect Chad. It came out looking really nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Today I put all the controls, etc in the shower, cleaned the tib and shower real well and caulked everything, installed the recessed medicine cabinet, and grouted the floor. Of course, I the only thing I got pics of was the floor…will get more pics tomorrow.

Chad,
    Floor turned out looking great.

Made a bench. The legs are getting painted and the top is getting stained and sealed. Should have made two as they now want another:

IMG_3310 by Brad Taylor[/url], on Flickr

Brad,
    Nice bench. Guess you can never have just one. LOL
    Being cedar, will the people be putting it outside?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

@boschmanbrian

I used the domino and a few pocket screws on the inside legs that I can hide since the legs are getting painted. I’m really liking it for this sort of thing. The angles were a bit tricky to get lined up but once I figured it out it’s pretty slick. The second one will go much faster.

Thanks Brad, I am going for have to go out as buy that kreg kit soon,
    How solid are they say compare to domino or biscuits.
    I know they are all kinda different and for different applications, but just for doing say small pieces of furniture, and maybe a head board

@overanalyze
    thanks, that will look nice I’m sure, that was quite the job redoing all that plumbing underneath the shower, can’t do to follow the progress

@Doobie
    yeah I know, I was stupid to cut it like that, my older Bosch miter is okay, but no vac was hooked up, and yes I should have put a mask on, just figured I’d Get it done quickly, stupid stupid lol, never going to do that again

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Pocket screws are really solid, and are a staple in production furniture and cabinet building… I wouldn’t call them DIY

--Steve

TimelessQuality
    Pro

I’ve been prepping and painting the whole interior on a big (5 bed/4 bath) house… Ugh…

--Steve

I’ve been prepping and painting the whole interior on a big (5 bed/4 bath) house… Ugh…

Sounds like a big job, you talking all the finish stuff, paint like primer sealer, or are you doing the different clients colors.

TimelessQuality
    Pro

Mostly crack and hole repair, then I sand all the walls with the PC7800

Just a couple of colors… Neutral greys and beige so it will market well.

--Steve

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

@boschmanbrian

I know they are all kinda different and for different applications, but just for doing say small pieces of furniture, and maybe a head board

@overanalyze thanks, that will look nice I’m sure, that was quite the job redoing all that plumbing underneath the shower, can’t do to follow the progress

@Doobie yeah I know, I was stupid to cut it like that, my older Bosch miter is okay, but no vac was hooked up, and yes I should have put a mask on, just figured I’d Get it done quickly, stupid stupid lol, never going to do that again

I bought the original Kreg jig when it came out . I thought it was a lot of money for all it did . I will say that if you make cabinets this thing is worth its weight in gold. It saves so much time in making face frames. I have even been using it to build the boxes . The joints are very strong. There are quite a few power setups out now that I am sure work faster with more cost. I am very happy with the kreg jig though!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Made a bench.

Brad very nice bench. I can see why they want another.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

redwood
    Pro

I use the Kreg Jig to do a lot of things. Pre assemble exterior window trim, deck railings, cabinets, just to name a few. Once it’s setup, which takes no time, it is very quick to use and produces a pretty strong tight joint.

I don’t think it produces as strong a joint as a tendon from a Domino, but sometimes it is used as a assist to hold pieces together until the glue dries without using clamps.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

@boschmanbrian

@overanalyze thanks, that will look nice I’m sure, that was quite the job redoing all that plumbing underneath the shower, can’t do to follow the progress

@Doobie yeah I know, I was stupid to cut it like that, my older Bosch miter is okay, but no vac was hooked up, and yes I should have put a mask on, just figured I’d Get it done quickly, stupid stupid lol, never going to do that again

I bought the original Kreg jig when it came out . I thought it was a lot of money for all it did . I will say that if you make cabinets this thing is worth its weight in gold. It saves so much time in making face frames. I have even been using it to build the boxes . The joints are very strong. There are quite a few power setups out now that I am sure work faster with more cost. I am very happy with the kreg jig though!

Kreg has come a long way since they first started .They have some really nice stuff . A little pricey though .

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘V15.0 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.513 seconds