dcsimg

V15.0 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author

Finished the under floor drain line re-work, water line re-routing, and fixing the structure. We laminated an LVL to the double 2×10’s with structural lags and construction adhesive.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

woodman_412

Finished the under floor drain line re-work, water line re-routing, and fixing the structure. We laminated an LVL to the double 2×10’s with structural lags and construction adhesive.

Looks great Andrew. A nice clean and neat work area too. What was wrong with the joists?

Dan

danpattison.com

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Looks good @overanalyze – nice fix on the hacked up joist.

I grouted the shower walls, did a little painting, and laid the Tarkett floor today. Forgot to get a pic once it was complete but do have these:

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Looks great Andrew. A nice clean and neat work area too. What was wrong with the joists?

Thanks Dan! Someone had drilled way to large of a hole for the drain line. Then one joist over they cut out all but 1″ of a joist for the old tub drain assembly. I couldn’t make it a perfect fix but it is way safer and better than it was.

@ChadM
    do those tiles use pressure sensitive glue? I have installed some like that before. Pretty quick to install.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

redwood
    Pro

Say Chad, something just doesn’t look right with that toilet flange and the flooring layout. Maybe when the toilet is in I’ll be happy. It might just be I’m not used to seeing that flooring mixed with tile in a bathroom.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Say Chad, something just doesn’t look right with that toilet flange and the flooring layout. Maybe when the toilet is in I’ll be happy. It might just be I’m not used to seeing that flooring mixed with tile in a bathroom.

Mark:

I think you are seeing the underlayment, laun. I thought the same thing at first

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Thanks Dan! Someone had drilled way to large of a hole for the drain line. Then one joist over they cut out all but 1″ of a joist for the old tub drain assembly. I couldn’t make it a perfect fix but it is way safer and better than it was.

@ChadM do those tiles use pressure sensitive glue? I have installed some like that before. Pretty quick to install.

@overanalyze
    , yes – they use pressure sensitive glue. Put the glue down, wait until it tacks up, lay tile, hit with a 75 pound roller and they are stuck for good. These tile also are spaced apart to get “grout” joints – not actual grout it is a polymer of some type.

@redwood
    – Warren is right, you are seeing the luan. I forgot to get pics after it was all laid.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Got a few more shop projects done today and worked on the design for a custom office cabinet that I’m going to be building. I made some ramps so that I can get the snowblower into the shop to thaw if needed without opening the overhead door. Can also use them for my hand truck to move stuff in and out.

Necessity is the mother of invention! Love it Dan.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Updated shop pics…still have A LOT of organization to do and a bit of shelving to hang, but it’s coming along!

I’m hoping to be able to park my car in my garage by tomorrow night….a few days late for the freezing temps, but it’s better than never.

Jon P.
    Instagram

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Updated shop pics…still have A LOT of organization to do and a bit of shelving to hang, but it’s coming along!

I’m hoping to be able to park my car in my garage by tomorrow night….a few days late for the freezing temps, but it’s better than never.

That looks like a pretty good sized shop , Did you buy the shelving or build it ?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

looks clean and organized! nothing compare to my garage lol
    i gonna build some shelving units in the next couple days, getting sick to step over boxes, totes, tools etc

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I wish I had a shop like that to work in! Looking good Jon!

A Working Pro since 2004

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s a pile of nice clean work there!! It can’t get a lot cleaner.

redwood
    Pro

Are you sure you got enough lighting in there Jon? JK

This was the garage that you are getting to use in exchange for some maintenance, right. Or am I confusing it with someone else. Looking good.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

redwood
    Pro

Mark:

I think you are seeing the underlayment, laun. I thought the same thing at first

Well there you go. I’m stupid. Actually, I’ve never seen laun used as underlayment, only door skins.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

well todays work is to take a hammer and smash the salt back into individual pieces as it just hardens as one giant piece and that is no good for spreading around the sidewalks and all, don’t need anyone slipping at all around here.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Looking really good, Jon. Big difference from the last posts.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Nice looking space you have there Jon. I wish I had all your shelving in mine.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Are you sure you got enough lighting in there Jon? JK

This was the garage that you are getting to use in exchange for some maintenance, right. Or am I confusing it with someone else. Looking good.

Ha, well most of the lighting was there… I added a couple in areas I thought I might need it.

Yes, this is the building I’m using in exchange for doing some maintenance at my daughter’s daycare.

Jon P.
    Instagram

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Received the safety switch for my drill press. It is another step closer to being complete.

Shop Fox switch from Amazon $5.99

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘V15.0 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.830 seconds