dcsimg

V15.0 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I added some dormers and a bell to the tower this morning .I think that about covers it for this house . Time to clean up my shop :-)

That one came out really nice John. Was this a custom order?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

The floor joist under my toilet are so weak that as soon as you put any weight in that area the toilet leaks around the bottom of the base .

Well that’s a problem…It makes me wonder if the butcher who did that actually tested it for a leak!

( I guess I don’t typically SIT on a toilet after installing it to test for leaks though…)

I even replaced the toilet and gasket and it still leaked afterwards . Too much movement in the floor .

Maybe you should try one of the green toilet seals that was discussed in another post on here John. At least till you get the floor fixed.
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Toilet-Gasket-Flexible-Waxless-Seal-Universal-Fit-BL01/203564758

redwood
    Pro

I added some dormers and a bell to the tower this morning .I think that about covers it for this house

That looks great John, and it looks expensive, not to mention heavy.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Today I am stringing up plastic owls around a property to try and combat the woodpeckers totally demolishing the cedar siding. I spent all summer at this property patching and painting gigantic holes. The woodpeckers are a royal pain. The problem is box elder bugs living in or around the cedar siding are providing a very easy food source. We are hoping the owls help, next step may be a 12 gauge with some bird shot.
    The next step is trying to convince the board to authorize us to bring in pest control in spring to try to eliminate the box elder bugs

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Today I am stringing up plastic owls around a property to try and combat the woodpeckers totally demolishing the cedar siding. I spent all summer at this property patching and painting gigantic holes. The woodpeckers are a royal pain. The problem is box elder bugs living in or around the cedar siding are providing a very easy food source. We are hoping the owls help, next step may be a 12 gauge with some bird shot.
    The next step is trying to convince the board to authorize us to bring in pest control in spring to try to eliminate the box elder bugs

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

It’s too bad you couldn’t place something to feed them that would keep them away/busy from your cedar.

A Working Pro since 2004

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Somewhere I posted about a ridiculous price for 8/4 walnut that I thought I was going to have to pay ($12.5/bf)…turn out it was only $6.00! It was actually cheaper than the maple and cherry!

Picked up a window for the shop today too…tinting it prior to installation.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The woodpeckers are a royal pain. The problem is box elder bugs living in or around the cedar siding are providing a very easy food source.

Woodpeckers are a pain in NC. Everything i have read or heard about getting rid of woodpeckers involves forst getting rid of the bugs they are feeding on. Time to call an exterminator to kill the bugs.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The woodpeckers are a royal pain. The problem is box elder bugs living in or around the cedar siding are providing a very easy food source.

Woodpeckers are a pain in NC. Everything i have read or heard about getting rid of woodpeckers involves forst getting rid of the bugs they are feeding on. Time to call an exterminator to kill the bugs.

So the woodpecker really causes a lot of damage?? I haven’t ever seen the wood pecker over here.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So the woodpecker really causes a lot of damage?? I haven’t ever seen the wood pecker over here.

They sure do. First is the noise all day long, if you are in the house it drives the HO nuts. Then the holes, these things will make swiss cheese out of your siding. Problem is NC they are a protected species so you can’t even shoot them as they are tearing up your house.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

It’s too bad you couldn’t place something to feed them that would keep them away/busy from your cedar.

We have them too. They seem to like to feed on the carpenter bees that bore their nests into the cedar. We generally end up replacing the cedar with pvc so the food source goes away.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

I added some dormers and a bell to the tower this morning .I think that about covers it for this house . Time to clean up my shop :-)

The birdhouse looks awesome. You do good work.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Thanks again everyone ! Im guessing this house weighs around 300 lbs .

I will probably put it up in my yard in the spring unless someone buys it first .

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i started the morning hanging doors.. but then got called out to the house thats just about done to go do azec column cladding

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks again everyone ! Im guessing this house weighs around 300 lbs .

I will probably put it up in my yard in the spring unless someone buys it first .

I’m betting it will be going to Europe.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

started a new office today that cuts into an existing family waiting room at the hospital. had to open the wall up and frame new walls into the waiting room then sheet rock and tape the outside. tomorrow gonna finish spackling the outside of the wall with 45 set the door and cut the ceiling in so they can paint and turn the room back over to be used again

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

i started the morning hanging doors.. but then got called out to the house thats just about done to go do azec column cladding

Were the columns existing or did you install them? Kind of looks a bit crowded, IMHO.

Will you be adding railings between the outer and middle posts?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the columns were added, their not load bearing. merely decorative as per hte architects drawing… your definitely right about being crowded… im not sure about railing i dont think its planned

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

woodman_412

Got a few more shop projects done today and worked on the design for a custom office cabinet that I’m going to be building. I made some ramps so that I can get the snowblower into the shop to thaw if needed without opening the overhead door. Can also use them for my hand truck to move stuff in and out.

Dan

danpattison.com

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Just a whole lotta running today. At least I was able to stay warm.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘V15.0 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 3.474 seconds