dcsimg

V15.0 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author

@Chrisk1970 I like the fence you made! Do you have a logo burnt in them?

Today we started a bath remodel. This is getting a new tile shower, floor, and vanity top. Found this oversized hole in a doubled 2×10 we have to fix first thing tomorrow.

You kidding me Andrew? Of course I burned it!!!! I gotsta use that darn iron on everything!

That is flipping awesome!! Can we get a close up of it? How much did it cost to get made? @ChrisK1970

I’m going to license my shop with the State (not telling yet :) ) and have another iron made but my last girlfriend bought me the iron about five years ago from Rockler. It’s the electric one and I think it was about a $110? Works great but when I get my next one it will be a bit larger. It works great but it takes a while to heat up. I’m heading to bed but here’s an cutting board I made my Wife with the iron imprinted on it, a little bit clearer

Thanks for the pic! Cutting board looks fantastic too! That really isn’t that expensive. Might have to get one for our company logo.

thanks Andrew, I ended up making four and the joints were pretty solid. As far as the logo, I just checked the site and interestingly enough to the electric logo iron is $250. The one I have is $120. The logo one takes 6-8 weeks and watch out, the wood handle gets real hot and the shaft burn through a pair of work gloves instantly. Lucky I didn’t get burned. I was stamping several projects before they went out out and yikes!

Ouch…lol! Thanks for the heads up. I will let you know if I order one.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Today we started a bath remodel. This is getting a new tile shower, floor, and vanity top. Found this oversized hole in a doubled 2×10 we have to fix first thing tomorrow.

I have a similar problem with my floor joist under the bathroom floor .They hacked the crap out of it . Im going to change the direction of the joist so the drain pipe can run parallel with it .

I have a similar problem with my floor joist under the bathroom floor .They hacked the crap out of it . Im going to change the direction of the joist so the drain pipe can run parallel with it .

@cranbrook2
    they definitely violated the 1/3’s rule. I am going to glue and lag an lvl beam to the side and drill a tight hole for the pipe to reinforce it.

Andrew

You kidding me Andrew? Of course I burned it!!!! I gotsta use that darn iron on everything!

That is flipping awesome!! Can we get a close up of it? How much did it cost to get made? @ChrisK1970

I’m going to license my shop with the State (not telling yet :) ) and have another iron made but my last girlfriend bought me the iron about five years ago from Rockler. It’s the electric one and I think it was about a $110? Works great but when I get my next one it will be a bit larger. It works great but it takes a while to heat up. I’m heading to bed but here’s an cutting board I made my Wife with the iron imprinted on it, a little bit clearer

Thanks for the pic! Cutting board looks fantastic too! That really isn’t that expensive. Might have to get one for our company logo.

thanks Andrew, I ended up making four and the joints were pretty solid. As far as the logo, I just checked the site and interestingly enough to the electric logo iron is $250. The one I have is $120. The logo one takes 6-8 weeks and watch out, the wood handle gets real hot and the shaft burn through a pair of work gloves instantly. Lucky I didn’t get burned. I was stamping several projects before they went out out and yikes!

Ouch…lol! Thanks for the heads up. I will let you know if I order one.

Yeah, the price for the logo is high but the head is solid brass and has been working without issue these last several years so for the money for this iron it’s well worth it. I might pay the premium for the logo one but I’ll probably just go with the name of the shop.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

What is the space going to be RonW? Do you have a helper?

Will be three offices. It has been used for storage for many years.
    No helper. Just me and I can feel it tonight. lol

Oh man I know that feeling. A little nightcap to help the pain is in order then RonW!

I had the same thought Andrew. So I’m working on it right now. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

What is the space going to be RonW? Do you have a helper?

Will be three offices. It has been used for storage for many years.
    No helper. Just me and I can feel it tonight. lol

Oh man I know that feeling. A little nightcap to help the pain is in order then RonW!

I had the same thought Andrew. So I’m working on it right now. lol

You and me both..lol…and I have a helper 😉

Andrew

cranbrook2
    Pro

@cranbrook2 they definitely violated the 1/3’s rule. I am going to glue and lag an lvl beam to the side and drill a tight hole for the pipe to reinforce it.

The floor joist under my toilet are so weak that as soon as you put any weight in that area the toilet leaks around the bottom of the base .

@cranbrook2 they definitely violated the 1/3’s rule. I am going to glue and lag an lvl beam to the side and drill a tight hole for the pipe to reinforce it.

The floor joist under my toilet are so weak that as soon as you put any weight in that area the toilet leaks around the bottom of the base .

Yikes! Crazy what some people will cut out. I had an HVAC sub want to cut up some trusses on a house before. He was confused when I refused to let him…he said he had done it plenty of time before…WHAT?! Not on my job pal…never used him again.

Andrew

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yikes! Crazy what some people will cut out. I had an HVAC sub want to cut up some trusses on a house before. He was confused when I refused to let him…he said he had done it plenty of time before…WHAT?! Not on my job pal…never used him again.

It’s sad in todays world that there are still hacks everywhere..

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

that is kinda of crazy as you don’t know how many houses he has messed up as a professional at his job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Amazing how much plumbers and HVAC guys will cut out of load bearing items to get clearance for their installs.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Any mechanical guy that chops up critical framing should be tossed from the job. I haven’t worked with anyone like that in many years. The guys I work with will always come to me before chopping through anything that looks iffy.

cranbrook2
    Pro

I have to add a few more small details to my birdhouse this morning and then im going to start rearranging and organizing my shop .

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Any mechanical guy that chops up critical framing should be tossed from the job. I haven’t worked with anyone like that in many years. The guys I work with will always come to me before chopping through anything that looks iffy.

As it should be. There is no excuse for some of the hacking that is done.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

That iron is a great idea, Chris, looks very professional. I can see one in my future, for sure.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Looks like the snow blower will be at work again today. Lake effect snow squalls, got up this morning and the car has a good 4″ on it already.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cranbrook2
    Pro

I added some dormers and a bell to the tower this morning .I think that about covers it for this house . Time to clean up my shop 🙂

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Well that’s a problem…It makes me wonder if the butcher who did that actually tested it for a leak!

( I guess I don’t typically SIT on a toilet after installing it to test for leaks though…)

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

cranbrook2
    Pro

Well that’s a problem…It makes me wonder if the butcher who did that actually tested it for a leak!

( I guess I don’t typically SIT on a toilet after installing it to test for leaks though…)

I even replaced the toilet and gasket and it still leaked afterwards . Too much movement in the floor .

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Looks like the snow blower will be at work again today. Lake effect snow squalls, got up this morning and the car has a good 4″ on it already.

Today will be the first run for the year with my old Toro. Hope it lasts the season.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘V15.0 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.944 seconds