dcsimg

V15.0 What did you do in the shop / site today?

This topic contains 1,002 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Looks like the last one broke. So here is another.
    Lets see what you have done today.

Link to the old one. http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v14-0-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-site-today/

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Whoa … a new thread; a clean slate to write on.

Going to check out the new sawmill in town, see what his maple looks like and how his new kiln is coming along.

Finish cleaning up the shop later. May get to some reorganizing, too.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Going to check out the new sawmill in town, see what his maple looks like and how his new kiln is coming along.

There are 3 or 4 sawmills out where I live . They all have some beautiful lumber .

redwood
    Pro

I wish there were some mills in my area. Heck we don’t even have a lumber yard. I’m told there used to be a lot of mills in the area and they all closed down. A little surprising since I think I actually live in a National Forest.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I think I have finally kicked the flu bug! Heading to the shop to get back to work!

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

There are 3 or 4 sawmills out where I live . They all have some beautiful lumber .

I’m still planning a road trip out your way one day. We can compare notes then.
    Brubakers on the Belmore line is my go-to for pine.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

I shot the shop tour video and opened up a package that came by UPS that had a really cool Bosch drill in it.

Thanks BTP and Bosch!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I shot the shop tour video and opened up a package that came by UPS that had a really cool Bosch drill in it.

Thanks BTP and Bosch!

Congrats Jim, you gonna post it in I got a box? What model did you redeem for again,

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

Got some of our rood sheathing on today. Thanks to another crew dropping 5 guys off. Total framers on site was 10. Hectic for me, but productive.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m told there used to be a lot of mills in the area and they all closed down. A little surprising since I think I actually live in a National Forest.

Probably why they all closed down, lack of available trees nearby for sawing.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

sheet rock topfill

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Finished up the shower today. I used the Schluter Rondec metal as a trim for the shelf – the HO hated the pre-made inside corners so I had to miter them. It was a PITA and took a bit to get them just right but it turned out good.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

I spent half my morning making mistakes, and the other half fixing them. My afternoon went better. It was just one of those days.

Anonymous

@chadm those pics just helped me make up my mind. I love that tile, and it looks great! Like the metal and the corners. Looks the corners came that way…can’t tell you had to modify

@roninohio Met with city planner today regarding that fire and police boat dock. This will be a long parallel floating dock, with floating emergency lifts for the boast. Pics below is area of where they want the dock. Looks like one variance will pass with no problem, but don’t have much hope for the other variance. Gas and electric easement is probably going to kill it.

Anonymous

I spent half my morning making mistakes, and the other half fixing them. My afternoon went better. It was just one of those days.

@beardedcarpenter sorry and not sorry….I know it makes you feel bad, but failure has been my teacher so many times. I would still be using 2×4’s as decking boards it I hadn’t of messed up. Chin up 🙂

woodman_412

I went to measure up for a couple jobs today and picked up some supplies. One is a custom office cabinet and the other was in an office as well doing some repairs and upgrades to a couple desks.

Dan

danpattison.com

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

@beardedcarpenter sorry and not sorry….I know it makes you feel bad, but failure has been my teacher so many times. I would still be using 2×4’s as decking boards it I hadn’t of messed up. Chin up :)

Tara, I appreciate the encouragement. Failure is good teaching; I’ve learned many lessons that way.

For the me big thing is not to get too frustrated at mistakes. Usually, if I make a small mistake I can brush it off. But some days if I make a several mistakes or bigger one, then I’ll start to get frustrated, then more mistakes because I’m frustrated. Then it begins to feel like everything is a struggle, even simple stuff that should be easy. It’s a downward spiral and sometimes only a new day will get me out of it. Today I was able to stay out of that spiral, which was good, and it’s why the second half of my was much better.

Finished up the siding on the rear of the house and most of it on the front. Was supposed to have an excavator there digging today but he got held up on another job.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

redwood
    Pro

That looks really good Chad. 24″ tile? The schlueter trim is a pain to work with and expensive, but sure looks good. Sets jobs apart. Love the 2×4 vertical trim as well. Just like I do it.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

@TaraC that will be a fun job. I’m sure if the city wants it they will find a way. Last dock I built I lost most of my driver bits. Was using a crappy Dewalt drill and nothing would stay in the chuck. Every time I turned around cur plunk in the lake went another bit! Glad I have the impact driver now. Looks like a lot of lumber toting .

@chadm The shower is looking good. That metal is a total pain cutting and getting the miters to fit nice. I found a dremel tool works good to fine tune it in.

@beardedcarpenter we all have those days ! I always called it the school of hard knocks. When I get tired or in a hurry nothing goes right.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,003 total)

The topic ‘V15.0 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 0.788 seconds