dcsimg

V12.0 What did you do in the shop / site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,137 total)
  • Author
    ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Today was one of those days that I wish I would have stayed in bed….I manage the company sevice department and deck department and occasionally overlap into running some of thr installs, another guy (the owners brother in law) manages installations. Well he decided to not pull zoning and building permits on a pole barn. And built it half the required distance from the property line….and got busted. Guess who was handed the mess and was told to “fix it”? Yup, me. Ugh….as if I didn’t have enough to do.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Today was one of those days that I wish I would have stayed in bed….I manage the company sevice department and deck department and occasionally overlap into running some of thr installs, another guy (the owners brother in law) manages installations. Well he decided to not pull zoning and building permits on a pole barn. And built it half the required distance from the property line….and got busted. Guess who was handed the mess and was told to “fix it”? Yup, me. Ugh….as if I didn’t have enough to do.

I was just gonna ask you how the new gig was going. Looks like you are the guy going around putting out fires.

That’s great!! If you were asked to do that in the short time that you have been there, it says something

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I was just gonna ask you how the new gig was going. Looks like you are the guy going around putting out fires.

I think that is my actual job description lol.

That’s great!! If you were asked to do that in the short time that you have been there, it says something

It says that the other guy realized what a s##t storm he created and didn’t want to deal with it….

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

yellaD
    Pro

I want to look into a greenhouse for the backyard but not sure how well that will work out for our Canadian winters. Anyone else run a greenhouse through the winter here, this doesn’t include dirty as he doesn’t have winter lol.

Do people with greenhouses get more visits from the local police snooping around looking for ____?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It says that the other guy realized what a s##t storm he created and didn’t want to deal with it….

@ChadM good luck with that pole barn mess. Backtracking on permits is always a PITA.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

@ChadM good luck with that pole barn mess. Backtracking on permits is always a PITA.

You aren’t kidding. Zoning is requiring that we find the property pins and mark out the lot before they will consider issuing a zoning permit. The problem with that is that the lot is 1400’x3500’….So I called in a favor and have a surveyor coming out Monday morning. The big issue is that a variance has almost no chance whatsoever of passing because 3 of the neighbors called zoning to check on a permit.

Walls are sheeted, trusses set, roof sheeted and shingles 90% done….

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

CRSpecialtiesLLC
    Pro
    New Hartford, IA

Finished framing the basement bearing walls and set half of the floor trusses on the new house that we started.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

You aren’t kidding. Zoning is requiring that we find the property pins and mark out the lot before they will consider issuing a zoning permit. The problem with that is that the lot is 1400’x3500’….So I called in a favor and have a surveyor coming out Monday morning. The big issue is that a variance has almost no chance whatsoever of passing because 3 of the neighbors called zoning to check on a permit.

Does someone with a very large crane owe you a favour?

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Long day today realized that we ordered the wrong floats for our sump pumps. Got normally closed instead of normally open. I pointed out the mistake to my foreman and he wasn’t too happy about it. Luckily only 2 of six pumps were installed.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Oh man that is a big mess. Going to be a tough one with the three neighbors against it being there.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Oh Man Chad! What a nightmare. Hope you have the weekend to decompress and start over monday morning. Let us know how things go

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Doobie

I had a lazy recovery day today, but I did receive a second replacement set for a lockset that is defective that is covered under warranty. Before taking apart the old one, I noticed that one part of the interior is missing and worst is that the handleset is not the right vertical length.

So back on the phone with the bozos at Weiser. This time I think they’ve got it straight but we’ve got to pick a different model now as there is none of the ones that they were sending that have the same handle length as our 30 year one. Gotta get the wife to decide before I confirm which one to have them send out. Hopefully she says OK by the end of the weekend so I can them on Monday and get this moving. The older one has a doorknob that’s about to fall off any day now.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Oh man that is a big mess. Going to be a tough one with the three neighbors against it being there.

We’re actually looking into having to move the building over. Not the greatest option but it may be the only one…

@jim_hunt17
    I am working tomorrow but won’t have to deal with that mess at least since all the offices I am dealing with are closed.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Wow, what a nightmare. So the guy who is at fault is related to the owner…is this a habit or just a one time mistake?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

It was raining so hard this morning I could not see across the yard. I left one of the shop windows open overnight, luckily on the lee side of the building. I went out a bit later to check and the floor got wetter with what dripped off the door than what came in the window.

Got my new router bit today.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Wow, what a nightmare. So the guy who is at fault is related to the owner…is this a habit or just a one time mistake?

A habit, he never pulls permits. I am pretty certain I have pulled more permits in thr last month than he has in the last 2 years. Don’t know what his beef about permits is…but it is going to cost the company a lot of money on this job.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

A habit, he never pulls permits. I am pretty certain I have pulled more permits in thr last month than he has in the last 2 years. Don’t know what his beef about permits is…but it is going to cost the company a lot of money on this job.

If that is the case, it should cost him his job. Nepotism is so frustrating!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I worked a half day on the kitchen job and will go back and finish up on Monday.

Doobie

A habit, he never pulls permits.

Not good if you’re in the business and word gets around. Just looks bad.

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,137 total)
  • The topic ‘V12.0 What did you do in the shop / site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 2.305 seconds